PDA

View Full Version : Do You Feel Like Your Hair Is Long Yet

Dragon
December 29th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Do you feel like your hair is long yet?

I don’t feel like mine is long yet.

owlathena
December 29th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Definitely not. Its the longest its been in years, a couple inches away from waist, but all I can think when I look in the mirror is "I wish my hair was longer." I get compliments from my friends and fam on its length, but it feels really short.

freckles
December 29th, 2010, 05:26 AM
some days I feel like mine is 'long' now, which is new, and cool. :) But many days I still don't.

aggie_deirde
December 29th, 2010, 05:31 AM
My hair is at mbl,but still feals short.Many of my friends and family compliment the lenght of my hair,but I always say back to them It's short!I guess having a friend at hl isn't very helpful...

Speckla
December 29th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Yes, I do. This is the longest my hair has ever been.

Melisande
December 29th, 2010, 05:43 AM
No no. I felt I had long hair when I reached tailbone but the ends were straggly so I had them cut. I gained a nice full hemline, lost 20 cm and the feeling of long hair. I'm stuck in the great unknown between hip and tailbone..... and until I reach tb again, I won't feel long haired.

Avvoltoio
December 29th, 2010, 05:46 AM
i am at waist length, but i dont feel it too long, maybe if it will reach my but :)

Vorvolaka
December 29th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Nope. I don't think it'll start feeling long until I reach BSL+. I've never had hair beyond that.

emsahib
December 29th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Now that I'm past APL its beginging to feel long and I'm happy with the way it looks so yay :) For the last few years my hairs been about this length anyway, maybe about a inch or so longer, although I want to keep growing to waist

aggie_deirde
December 29th, 2010, 06:01 AM
No no. I felt I had long hair when I reached tailbone but the ends were straggly so I had them cut. I gained a nice full hemline, lost 20 cm and the feeling of long hair. I'm stuck in the great unknown between hip and tailbone..... and until I reach tb again, I won't feel long haired.

How much time did it took you to reach tbl?

BellCat
December 29th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Everyone says how long my hair has gotten but for me it wont be long untill it reaches my hips :P

mrs_coffee
December 29th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Obviously not yet for me, but I don't think it will feel long until at least BSL, which is my first goal.

Oz
December 29th, 2010, 06:37 AM
well im at the back of my knees so ya. anyone with above waist looks short to me. sorry. but I see people concider anything past sholders as long.

haibane
December 29th, 2010, 06:39 AM
My hair *feels* long, but because it's so thin, fine and tapered it doesn't look that long. The last inch or two are almost invisible. :o

miss_purple
December 29th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Nope. I don't think it'll start feeling long until I reach BSL+. I've never had hair beyond that.

Totally agree with you.

MandaMom2Three
December 29th, 2010, 06:50 AM
No :cry: it doesn't even BEGIN to feel long to me until BSL. Waist felt very long and I can't WAIT to see how classic feels :D

EbonyCurls
December 29th, 2010, 07:03 AM
I do now. And I've never felt that before. At least, I feel like it's longer compared to the people I come in contact with daily (family, friends, co-workers). Also, it helps when people are always saying that your hair is long and you're like "Me? Really? Yeah, I guess so" lol.

I'm at a point now where I feel like I can relax because I am happy with the current length even though there is no doubt I want to go much longer, I am satisfied with the here and now.

Viechen
December 29th, 2010, 07:13 AM
I go through phases where I am just so happy about how long and healthy it is (longest than its ever been and better looking too). And then at other times I get a little sad that it takes JUST SO LOOOONG for it to grow :p My goal is midback so I think then it will feel really long and nice :)

Birch
December 29th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Yes, I do. This is the longest my hair has ever been.
I 2nd that. But I do latlely think of cutting off some length (5-10cm or 2-4 inches). I would like to rid of those colored hair, I have split ends (I have been self trimming hair by hair but still...), I have layers and I so much miss my volume...

LisaMonster
December 29th, 2010, 07:28 AM
I'm an inch or two below BSL now, and it doesn't feel very long. I think waist will be my "oh I love long hair!" moment.

Sunny_side_up
December 29th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Feel like i'm getting there!:) even though my hair isn't very thick its more even now than the last time it was this length. Hoping for BSL this summer!?:D Havn't been that length since i was 17. Then who knows, maybe onward to mid back;) See how i'll feel aboyut my ends at that point!

Paula Auguste
December 29th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Before I left Germany I reached the point where I would consider my hair longer than average long (read: longer than BSL). Then I moved to New England and suddenly I was back in average length terrain again. :justy: So no, at the moment I do not feel my hair is long yet.

Sorry for the thread hijack: EbonyCurls, your curls are to die for! Wow...

Ravenwaves 88
December 29th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Not until tailbone......but I have this suspicion that when I get there I may think..."What the heck...lets see what these babies can do!" and rev it up to classic....LOL. I would like to maintain at tailbone for a bit to de-layer and thicken up.

ohiofritty
December 29th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Its getting there! Every now and then I think to myself, 'yay my hair is starting to feel long again'. Really the longest I've ever had it was probably just below BSL, and since its approaching BSL now (I think?) I'm pretty happy with it.
Of course, then I look over at DH who's hair is longer than mine and get all jealous.

AspenSong
December 29th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I def don't feel like mine is "long" yet.
I feel like that feeling will come more once I get past waist-length...so probably another 6" or so. :) (c'mon....grow hair, Groooow! haha)

Florida Mom
December 29th, 2010, 10:07 AM
I think it started to feel long when I reached Hip. But at just past TB it definitely feels long. It's definitely long enough to nearly get burned in the oven cooking Christmas Eve dinner!!!! Scared out of my mind I quickly bunned that braid!

I plan to maintain in the TB to Classic range to thicken up the hemline and get rid of side layers. And then, onto Classic and beyond!

Loreley
December 29th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I often feel it's too short. However, when I'm combing or brushing it, especially when brushing, it feels too long because it's hard to brush the ends. I think it's around fingertip length, maybe a bit longer, so brushing it isn't easy anymore, just like measuring it. I feel the same about thickness. Sometimes it feels thin, sometimes really thick, and then I feel that half of it would be enough for me. :p

Pixna
December 29th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Nope. I don't think I'll feel that it's long until I'm past waist, probably not until tailbone or hip length.

StormVixen
December 29th, 2010, 10:36 AM
My hair feels short when its dry and curled up to BSL... but when its wet or strate-ish from damp bunning i feel like its getting long-ish, it reaches to my waist... my hair will feel properly long when i reach hip i think... :D

PrincessTieflin
December 29th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I don't feel like its LONG.. but it is LONGER then it has been since I was a teenager.. Its taking forver!!

slythwolf
December 29th, 2010, 12:28 PM
It doesn't feel that long. I mean, I know intellectually that my hair is pretty long by most people's standards, but it's not as long as it was before I chopped it a couple years ago and the shortest layers are only about waist.

reverie24
December 29th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Not at all...I keep thinking it will feel long once I hit waist, but I don't think it will then either! Maybe that's why people's hair length goals often change.

xovictoryxo
December 29th, 2010, 12:46 PM
im at waist now and it doesnt even feel long yet. I want Tailbone length, and a V shaped hemline, and i am dredding the annual trim i MUST get soon to get rid of all these darn splits!!

spidermom
December 29th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I felt like my hair was long as I reached BSL because that's the longest it had ever been.

Avital88
December 29th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Usually i dont feel like my hair is long..only when i look in the mirror sometimes andf i have a good day :) or when i see pictures. This weekend i found out that my hair starts to hit my lap when i sit.. Cool.
Probably dont feel long until ive reached tbl

HannahDelicious
December 29th, 2010, 01:11 PM
I am at waist, but it doesn't feel too long right now. However, there are these moments where I feel pretty accomplished (considering how impatient I normally am). :D

misslicorice
December 29th, 2010, 02:28 PM
It's definitely not long yet! It's only a couple of inches past shoulder length. I was looking at some old photos before I chopped it off, and I didn't feel like I had long hair then, either. Of course, now I'd do anything to have that length back. :P

Roscata
December 29th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Yes, I absolutely feel like my hair is long.
It's almost at APL right now, but it is the longest it has been in about 10 years so I'm definitely feeling the length.

rach
December 29th, 2010, 02:57 PM
This has been the longest it as ever been and for the moment I'm not for filled with length but it's a good amount now for up-dos now :)

jojo
December 29th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Well at shoulder I didn't think id feel long until I reached APL, then I got to APL and thought I wont feel long until I reach BSL and then I got to BSL and thought I wont feel long until I reach waist and now at waist I dont think I will feel long until I reach hips..........HAIR ANOREXIA is a terrible infliction! (see the pattern!):o

Aredhel77
December 29th, 2010, 03:46 PM
...ish. A few more inches and then maybe I'll consider it long (it's just about at BSL length now)

Little_Bird
December 29th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Well not as long as I want it to feel I tell ya! :p

But I KNOW it's long... it just doens't feel THAT long hehe :)

constancev18
December 29th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Once I reach full WL I'll consider it long..kinda. HL is true long to me.

anthonyswife
December 29th, 2010, 04:03 PM
I feel like mine is just starting to get long. :)

pepperminttea
December 29th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Sort of. It doesn't feel long on me at waist, but when I see length shots I'm beginning to think, "y'know, that looks long." Hopefully it'll transfer to the feeling soon.

enfys
December 29th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Now I'm past TB it feels long. I don't think I'll be growing past previous lengths for some years.

Quixii
December 29th, 2010, 04:16 PM
When my hair got to tailbone it started feeling long. Now that I sit on it occasionally/increasingly often, it definitely feels long to me.

Speckla
December 29th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I 2nd that. But I do latlely think of cutting off some length (5-10cm or 2-4 inches). I would like to rid of those colored hair, I have split ends (I have been self trimming hair by hair but still...), I have layers and I so much miss my volume...

I was driving myself nuts because I kept thinking my hair wasn't long enough and that I would start to enjoy my hair and do hairstyles when it was long. Well, my hair is long, it is able to go up in fancy do's. So I might as well enjoy it now instead of waiting 'until'.

nellreno
December 29th, 2010, 04:26 PM
No, not yet. Maybe once I hit hip length.

BunnyBee
December 29th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Nope. Inferiority feeling.. thing.

Impatience as well...

luluj
December 29th, 2010, 05:12 PM

Sure do! I started here with a pixie in August 2009 and now I'm creeping up on APL!:happydance::cheer::joy:

Kaijah
December 29th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I do now... I didn't until I hit hip dry. Silliness. :o

redneckprincess
December 29th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I am almost at BSL which is as long (maybe just longer) as it has EVER been to my recolection (and pictures) but i have to say yeah my hair is starting to feel long to me..

xoxophelia
December 29th, 2010, 06:52 PM
No not at all. Somedays it feels like it is getting there though.

Anywhere
December 29th, 2010, 06:59 PM
No. My hair is currently longer than ever, but it doesn't feel long. it felt long when I had all one length, waist length hair though. Perhaps once my layers grow out this will in fact feel "long" again.

julliams
December 29th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Sometimes but it's not as long as I'd like it to be. I'm kind of in the headspace now where anything from here is good since I'm almost waist. I am starting to see though that waist is not going to be enough for me now. Oh well....

sanfen
December 29th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Mine is just below shoulder and although everyone is remarking how long my hair is, I won't feel that it's "longish" until BSL. Not sure what my goal is but it is at least BSL and maybe waist but probably someere in between. Long enough to make some nice updos.

I exercise a lot and don't want to wash my hair everytime I have a sweatfest - maybe just wash my bangs and be able to whip it up if I have to be anywhere where appearance counts. Luckily I don't have to be at an office in professional dress every day. :cheese: I love the look of professional dress with a classic updo. I think it looks cool. :cool:

aspartame gram
December 29th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Mm, not yet. I've been growing out what was basically a pixie cut for the past year and a half. The back part is definitely past my shoulders (just barely!!) but I still have so many layers. So upsetting. But whenever I look back at pictures from the past year I can see that it's been getting longer, slowly yet surely! I've also trimmed it like five times because of poor habits, which are entirely my fault, so I know it's grown much more in the past year. Hang in there, you'll get there!

MissManda
December 29th, 2010, 08:22 PM
My hair is waist length and closing in on hip very fast, but yet it does not feel long to me at all. I do get "Your hair is so long!" from some of my friends, so it's probably closing in on what our culture views as super long hair. lol

I especially feel like my hair isn't long when I braid it because I braid very snugly most of the time which eats up about 1/3 of my length. *Sigh.* I dream of having a hip or tailbone length braid someday.

christine1989
December 29th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I feel like it is long....until I look at all of the amazing profiles on LHC ;).

uwsbottleblonde
December 29th, 2010, 08:25 PM
No. Now, whether this forum is helping my hair anorexia...?

teela1978
December 29th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Yes. Once my hair hits BSL it feels long.

rosek
December 29th, 2010, 09:00 PM
I do feel like I have long hair. I just feel like its not long enough ;)

SheaLynne
December 29th, 2010, 09:05 PM
In actuality, it does vary. Sometimes I feel like I have unusually long hair that draws too much attention if I wear it down, and in other ways I know now what a gloriously healthy classic length braid will look like and I'm no where close to that...so not long enough at all!

Just trying to enjoy the journey. :)

myrrhmaiden
December 29th, 2010, 09:17 PM
I feel like mine is on the threshold of long, but still has far to go. Some days I look in the mirror and think "whoa..it has really grown!" It still looks like some is missing though. I think once it covers my breasts adequately I'll consider it long.

Nastasia
December 29th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Yes :D

Not long enough, but I'm working on that.

kyraninse
December 29th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Oddly enough, I never do feel like I have long hair. Sometimes I'll see myself from the back and think "whoa", but mostly I just don't feel like I have particularly long hair. I think it's because I so often see other people with short hair around me that ...I start to identify with them, if that makes sense.

LaurelSpring
December 29th, 2010, 10:06 PM
My tapered ends are brushing tb and no it still doesnt feel long yet most of the time which is weird really. :rolleyes:

Carrie Ingalls
December 29th, 2010, 10:44 PM
I feel sorta silly saying this, but usually don't "feel" like my hair is long. Granted in my head I know that my hair is long, and I know that it is out of the ordinary, but to me it just feels normal. I think another factor is that growing up I had older cousins that had "long" hair (at the longest one of them would sit on her hair), so for years I never thought of mine as "long" because theirs' was always longer. On a side note they both ended up getting their hair cut, but for years one of them could never let me get a compliment on my hair, she always had to say "my hair used to be that long." That annoyed my mom more than it did me...but I didn't like it. So, I guess in a way I thought that I had arrived when she started saying "I used to have long hair."

I do distinctly remember realizing when my hair was fingertip length, and when ever anyone would ask how long my hair was that is what I said...until I realized (one summer when I felt a funny tickling on the backs of my knees) that it had reached knee.

So anyway, as some others have expressed I know intellectually that my hair is long but most of the time I don't "feel" that it is long, its just "normal" for me.

Sorry, I kinda rambled.

royalscorpio
December 29th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Yes, it's long, but not thick enough and not quite long enough. I don't like the 'V' it's been shaped into.

leoninnu
December 30th, 2010, 02:58 AM
It definitely isn't long yet. The longest my hair has ever been was hip lenght and didn't feel long even then. I'm really curious to see what is the lenght where I start to feel that my hair is really long. It always makes me giggle when people say my hair is so long and I feel like it's still way too short.

I don't know. Maybe it's like those people who look in the mirror and their mind distorts the things they don't like about themselves? Like "my nose is so big it's unnatural, everyone will notice!" or "My teeth aren't straight, everyone must laugh at me!"? I'm not yet in the lenght that I want so my mind distorts my hair to look even shorter than it is? I could have sworn that my hair was only bsl when I was at hip lenght :D

Ishje
December 30th, 2010, 03:10 AM
I am slowly getting convinced it is long, now that I can feel my hair touching my bum.
but I am sure I will be convinced when it reaches classic :)

Phalaenopsis
December 30th, 2010, 03:41 AM
BSL started to feel longish,
waist felt like 'hmm, it is quite long isn't it?'
hip felt like 'I really do have long hair, don't I?' ^^

:)

And I personally don't feel a lot of difference betweem tailbone and hip, on my body it's only a difference of one inch or so

jel
December 30th, 2010, 07:18 AM

Really? How long is it, though, and how long have you been growing it? No info in your profile. :confused:

I grew my hair from shoulder length, and it didn't feel long until I passed waist. Since then, I have felt a longhair for real! :D

growing2shine
December 30th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Im starting to think that my hair is long... I mean, I have days where my hair looks long, and days where it looks depressingly short (I HATE those). Then I just take a look at a resent lengthshot. :D
The problem is now that it's not long enough! :)

nytquill
December 30th, 2010, 09:37 AM
I know my hair is long. It's solidly waist and approaching hip. But because I am short and my hair is fine, I feel like my hair doesn't LOOK long. Like it just doesn't seem like I have "a lot of hair" which is the feeling I want. Like to let my hair down and people think wow that's a lot of hair.

Not to mention I have had long hair all my life. Now it's getting the longest I've ever had it thanks to good care and handling, but the feeling of long hair down my back isn't new or special to me so I think I "feel" it less.

There are a lot of other college-aged girls who also have longish straight hair so my hair isn't particularly unusual. And I really want it to be long enough to stand out. I'm always looking at other girls with longish hair and asking myself if her hair is as long as mine. And usually I feel like it is even though my hair comes further down my body, just because I'm short and short-waisted it feels to me like the individual hairs would be close to the same length. And I have this inferiority thing where I feel like everyone is surely better than me so obviously my hair can't be longer ;)

So I keep forcing myself to notice how long my own hair is and try to feel better about it. I look in the mirror and make myself notice how close I'm getting to hip length. Or I run my hands through my hair and make myself notice how it's getting hard to reach all the way out to the ends; my hair is getting to be as long as my arms can reach.

I think that maybe once my shorter ends reach solidly hip length, THEN I will feel like my hair is long because it's longer than most other people's, long enough to really stand out. But we'll see :)

suicides_eve
December 30th, 2010, 09:40 AM
My hair didn't start feeling long til it would get rolled up in the car windows :/

Centifolia
December 30th, 2010, 10:03 AM
As my hair is growing longer it just fells getting shorter and shorter. My mind is tricking me for sure!

CastaDiva
December 30th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I think I`ll begin to think of my hair as long when I`m passed classic:)

WaitingSoLong
December 30th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I think I started feeling like my hair was long about waist length, but never long enough. Once I got to around hip, it felt long, but only when I saw it in pics or on someone else would I say OK now that is long hair.

Now? At TBL I feel my hair is too long. My goal is unofficially classic but I am not sure I can make it. It is long enough to be annoying. I think it is a very indiviual feeling and all about what you are used to.

myria
December 30th, 2010, 01:49 PM
No! It doesn't feel long to me. Maybe when I reach tb it will start feeling long.
I had an inch trim though and now it feels really short, when I run my hands through it I keep expecting that inch to be there!

meggykins
December 30th, 2010, 01:50 PM
My hair is currently at waist...and i dont think it will feel long until i get to at least hip, but probably tailbone length.

Mau Meow
December 30th, 2010, 02:05 PM
My hair is at APL now and some peolpe are telling me it is long. But I definately don`t feel like this now.
I`m looking forward to the day when I feel like it`s long.
Hopefully when I reached my goal lenght.

NorthernDancer
December 30th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I'd been hovering right above waist for a year (it felt like I wasn't growing at all!), but it's only since I actually reached waist in the past month or so have I really started to feel like it's long. I now go to brush it and sometimes I run out of arm before I run out of hair!

I don't think I'll truly feel that it's at my waist-length goal until I reach waist when it's pulled in front, or when my braid reaches waist length, whichever comes first. I'm assuming that will be hip/tailbone when loose. So that's my next goal.

looniac
December 30th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Definitely not! For most of my life (until I was 19 or so) I had BSL or waist-length hair. Then I donated it, bringing it up to shoulder, grew it out again to APL, donated again with a pixie, grew it out again to shoulder, chopped again with a pixie, and now here I am growing it out from a pixie. It feels "longer" because I can put it in a ponytail and comb my fingers through it, but definitely not "long". Long will be when I've got at least BSL ringlets once more... and then I'll probably still be growing because I have my eyes on waist-length ringlets!

Fufu
December 31st, 2010, 01:41 AM
Not yet, once my hair is at mid back, this will consider long to me.

Another year to go...

hanne jensen
December 31st, 2010, 02:46 AM
No. Although I've never had hair this long, I feel it's microscopic by LHC standards.

silversnow
December 31st, 2010, 02:56 AM
Although mine is nearly classic, it just doesn't feel long enough to me yet. Maybe once I get past classic.

rhosyn_du
December 31st, 2010, 04:00 AM
I feel like my hair is just starting to get long. For some reason, I have this idea in the back of my mind that in order for hair to be "long," it has to reach hip length when braided, and my braid only barely reaches waist. Of course, I see other people with hair between waist and hip loose, and think "wow, that's long."

caadam
December 31st, 2010, 04:15 AM
My hair doesn't feel like it's long yet, either. </3
When it hits my waist, then it'll feel long. ♥

Braidy
December 31st, 2010, 06:41 AM
I'm now just past shoulder so that doesn't feel long at all, especially not when I look at all the pictures around here! I think I'll start to feel that my hair is "long" when I reach waist so let's say... in a year or two? :p

sedonia
December 31st, 2010, 07:00 AM
My hair is technically to waist, but only the very back of the deeply v'ed hemline. The sides are barely BSL. So, it doesn't seem long to me because I never see that one lock in the back.

curlylocks85
December 31st, 2010, 07:05 AM
Sometimes I do. I know my hair is getting longer and I can feel it as well. Sometimes I look in the mirror and think wow my hair has grown so much since last September. Other times, I feel my hair is really short.

midnightwolf
December 31st, 2010, 07:18 AM
i know my hair is long, but it really doesn't feel it any more. i think because it seems to be stuck at this almost tail bone stage :(

bytheocean
December 31st, 2010, 08:41 PM
My hair felt long when I reached waist because next to nobody around this area has waist length hair. Then I found this site, and I suddenly did not feel like my hair was long at all. Now that I've reached tbl, I feel like it is long again.

Gilly
December 31st, 2010, 10:08 PM
I don't think mine is long but its certainly getting longer:cheese:
If I twist my arm up my back I can just grab a tendril of it!!:D

SR
December 31st, 2010, 10:28 PM
Some days mine feels long, but mostly it doesn't. I will say because I wear it up in a bun just about everyday there are times the length surprises me.

ykmunroe
December 31st, 2010, 10:33 PM
No not until I am waist length

lindaton
December 31st, 2010, 10:53 PM
Ditto to Oz's reply!!!

nucleardelusion
December 31st, 2010, 11:20 PM
After it's as long as the longest it's been, it'll start to feel long. I once had it just longer waist. So, I'm hoping around July it'll start to "feel" long to me. :cheese:

Elenna
December 31st, 2010, 11:28 PM
My hair is MBL, but still feels short. My perception of long hair has been totally deranged. Maybe, it's just me. Being deranged that is! :-)

EtherealOde
December 31st, 2010, 11:28 PM
It is beginning to feel like I have some length, and I like that feeling. Even so, I do not really feel like my hair is long yet. I understand that many see my hair as long, but to me it seems short still as there are many updos I would love to try and I can't because my hair just isn't long enough to do them yet.

I saw a woman in Whole foods earlier today (I guess technically it was yesterday since it is after midnight :P ) who was bagging groceries. I had to compliment her on her gorgeous hair, which was very thick, with lovely waves, and somewhere around hip to tailbone in length. Her activity while bagging our groceries made it hard to see exactly how long her hair was, and it looked like it would have a wrist thick braid! She said she had been growing it out for 4 years, so I suppose when my hair is that long I will feel like it's long. Maybe not long enough, but certainly long, to be sure.

KBG
January 1st, 2011, 02:16 AM
Not even. It still feels horrifically short even when I flat iron and bun it(which I couldn't do with my ill-conceived Rihanna haircut last year). I'm now just past SL(straightened) and trying not to think about the years until WL.

I suppose it's kinda short-to-medium. Shmedium length? :D

I think it'll feel 'long' past waist length? I have kinky hair and major shrinkage so I'm sure that then it'll shrink to a huge shoulderish Esperanza Spalding/Chaka Khan afro unless I stretch it out with braids or heat.

Huge will definitely work for me. Huge=long.

aimison
January 1st, 2011, 02:37 AM
It depends on the day--the very bottom of my hair is hitting waist but the rest is lagging behind..most of the world would consider it very long I guess, but my time on LHC made me feel like my hair is so short!

MaggieMae
January 1st, 2011, 03:19 AM
LHC made me feel like my hair is so short!

Indeed! My hair definitely "feels" longer compared to last year, it has some weight to it now and it is beginning to get in the way often. But compared to LHC, no, it's very short!

esmay
January 1st, 2011, 08:01 AM
I would say that yes, mine feels long to me. Sometime around June or July it hit BSL, and suddenly other people started noticing the length...and then I did too ;)
Plus this is the longest it's been in 40 years (yikes! did I just say that?!) :D