PDA

View Full Version : Short hair, CO washing? Regular washing?

Inane Romance
December 28th, 2010, 09:43 PM
So, here's the deal... I'm about to get rid of all my hair. (Against my mother's wishes, hah.) I just want a new start and, well, a lot of different reasons. My hair has never been past APL, and right now it's barely brushing my shoulders. BUT I am getting it ALL CHOPPED OFF. I'm telling the hair-dresser to cut until only my roots are left and all my dyed hair is on the floor. C:

But I've never had such short hair before... How the heck do you wash it?! With my length hair, of course, I've always shampooed the scalp and conditioned the length. But when I get the cut, I MIGHT have 1 inch left (and that's stretching it). So how are you supposed to wash that sort of hair? (UHM, do you wash it at all?! I'm so confused.) Do you JUST shampoo it? Do you JUST condition it? Do you do both? And on that note, would this be an ideal time to start condition-only washing? I mean, I won't have as much hair to look greasy.

Help? :confused:

christi.adell
December 28th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Well with short hair it's harder to CWC (which is what I like when it's longer) so I just wash and condition.
And I suppose if you want to CO that's up to you. I don't like it myself so I don't do it.

But other than not really being able to CWC you just treat it like you normally would. You just have a lot less to have to wash!

AJoifulNoise
December 28th, 2010, 09:56 PM
I cut my hair really, really short this past summer (and I've maintained it that short). When I can wash it frequently, I can get away with CO for several days before shampooing. But, since I am in a weird water situation, I can only shower every 4 days or so. So, when I do shower (or wash my hair in a basin) I shampoo/condition because (a) my hair is oily and (b) I use hair paste to spike it up... That stuff makes my hair rather stiff after a couple days. I still condition my short hair both to keep my hair happy (it feels really dry if I don't) and because it actually keeps my scalp from drying out.

... But, this is from the weirdo who has oily dry scalp...

Roseate
December 28th, 2010, 10:06 PM
And on that note, would this be an ideal time to start condition-only washing?

Could be. CO worked a lot better for me when my hair was shorter. With long hair I find it difficult to rinse, and it takes so much conditioner! With short hair, it was easy. So if you're thinking of it, it's probably a good time to give it a try.

naturegirl321
December 29th, 2010, 04:17 AM
My hair is short. I've just started the CWC. I've always oiled and now I'm trying to wash every other day. Maybe just do a scalp wash for the front of my hair since I'm always pushing it out of my eyes.

ravenreed
December 29th, 2010, 04:24 AM
My mom has really, really short hair and she does the normal shampoo and conditioner routine. She also has really fine hair so for a bit of styling, she uses aloe vera gel when it is still damp.

Inane Romance
December 29th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Thanks everyone! I tried googling this stuff, lol, but I was having trouble, and I don't have any short-haired friend I'd feel comfortable asking. Ya'll helped a lot, thank you.

2peasinapod
December 29th, 2010, 07:00 AM
When my hair was short, I had a really hard time doing Co or stretching washes. My hair got so greasy so fast, and nothing worked except to shampoo and condition every day.