PDA

View Full Version : How do you, how often do you, why do you?

MoldyCake
June 5th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Deep condition. :hmm:

I'm doing in now so I am curious!

My answers -

I deep condition with a color care conditioner, once a week for one hour because my hair is damaged from bleach and I'm being good to it. :D

Islandgrrl
June 5th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I love to SMT and have recently started doing it about once a week or every 10 days as time permits. If I do it in the morning, it's for between 45 minutes and an hour, sitting in the sauna or steam room at the gym. If I do it on the weekend during the day, it's likely to hang around on my head for at least a couple of hours while I do chores. And I do it because my hair really, really loves it.

Forever_Sophie
June 5th, 2008, 06:05 PM
At least once a week with L'oreal Nutri Gloss/Mega Moisture/Regis Olive Oil/Aussie 3 min. miracle/(too many to list!) for 10 min. or so b/c my hair is highlighted/lowlighted and could use some moisture :)

wintersun99
June 5th, 2008, 06:08 PM

girlcat36
June 5th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I use SMT, but I am lazy--so not often enough! Once every couple of months at the most. I really should make time once a week, but I'm not a 'girly' girl, so I tend not to make time for hair and beauty maintenance.
Why deep condition? Because I have dry frizzy hair!

Haith
June 5th, 2008, 06:20 PM
I do it every few weeks, whenever my hair is starting to feel dry, frizzy or tangly. I dampen it with rosewater and then use a conditioner/honey mixture on it. It makes it so soft!

DotDotDot
June 5th, 2008, 06:20 PM
I coconut oil/SMT overnight once a week because if I don't, my hair is dry and crunchy.

mommy101405
June 5th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I like Redken Deep Fuel. Usually every other week just b/c I can't seem to find the time more often.

The other day I got up in the morning and put some olive oil on. Not drenching but enough that I wasn't going to want to go out. I put it up and then washed it out in the afternoon. My hair felt awesome.

RavennaNight
June 5th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I like to deep condition at least once a week, and oil my ends every couple of nights (I have to plan for getting the hair wet in the morning.) I tried the SMT a week and a half or so ago and was pleased with the result. I like a really odd deep conditioner that nobodys heard of: Prann Relaxing Lavendar & Eucalyptus. Their hair mud conditioner is good too. Its been on sale lately so I've been happy.:D And it really smells relaxing and herby.

I like the Prann because since I started using it, my hair has become exceedingly shiny, but without too much weight. I've been CO'ing with cheapie stuff lately. I think I'm going back to the Prann.

MoldyCake
June 5th, 2008, 07:28 PM
You guys are going to think I am a complete dork, but what does SMT stand for?

It is really interesting to hear about what other people use, and what works best for different kinds of hair, you guys rock.

[quote=mommy101405;136099]I like Redken Deep Fuel. Usually every other week just b/c I can't seem to find the time more often. quote]

Oh my god! I love that stuff, used a lot of it when my hair was freshly damaged. Good choice. :D

RavennaNight
June 5th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Snowymoon's MoistureTreatment : 1 part honey 1 part aloe vera gel, 4 parts conditioner. Check out the whole post under the henna 'n' herbal haircare section. It will tell you which conditioners, honeys, and aloes are good and bad. Quite interesting. It took me a while to get over the honey giving me and my black hair the heebie jeebies. (nuke the mix and the honey won't bleach)

FrannyG
June 5th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I deep treat with a moisturizing treatment, usually an SMT, once a week. I do deep oilings twice a week and protein treatments once a month or so. I enjoy my deep treatment time very much.

Teacherbear
June 5th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I never deep condition. My hair hasn't found anything it likes. I just CWCC or WCC. :shrug: I dont' oil either.

Curlsgirl
June 5th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I used to SMT or DT a lot when I first found LHC but I found after I started oiling and using leave-in regularly I don't need it as much. In fact I can't remember the last time I did one. I keep meaning to. I know it can't hurt. I did it then because my hair was SO abused and craved the moisture. Now it is not so bad off hence the not doing it as much. I think I'll treat it this weekend though because I am staying home to clean the house on Saturday. I usually do the SMT without the honey, just Suave coconut and aloe gel then use a microwave heat cap or wool cap over a plastic cap while doing stuff around the house.

Cantabile
June 6th, 2008, 12:02 AM
I've never deep conditioned either. I used to use conditioner with every washing but now I don't even do that. I just use shampoo bars and ACV. :shrug:

jojo
June 6th, 2008, 04:30 AM
I do a DC once a week normally an overnight coconut oil followed by a SMT which I keep on for as long as possible, depending on how busy I am. My hair is in pretty good condition and I do a DC because im worth it!

toodramatik
June 6th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Everyday with amla oil. I know, i know, but i have to shampoo everyday too, so it works out.

Tap Dancer
June 6th, 2008, 04:42 AM
How often?
I deep condition once or twice a week after I CO.
(I like to CO on my days off. I use shampoo and conditioner the other days.)

How?
After I CO, I rinse the length and apply a deep conditioner for 5-10 minutes.

Why?
Because it makes my hair look and feel so good. Longer hair needs to be conditioned, IMO.

rymorg2
June 6th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I dc once or twice a week depending on how my hair is behaving and what I use differs EVERY time. :rollin:

eadwine
June 6th, 2008, 05:49 AM
I deep condition twice a week, for an hour.

Once that week I also deep condition using coconut oil (stays in overnight).

jel
June 6th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Maybe once a week I use an intensive conditioner as the second C in my CWC. It stays in about 5-10 mins. But I don't count that as a deep treatment!

Once or twice monthly I do a heavy oiling the night before a morning wash. I usually do a scalp massage with jojoba oil to which I've added some EOs, and then apply about a tablespoon of olive or coconut oil on my dampened braid.

I occasionally do SMTs, as and when I notice my hair needs moisture, and sometimes I replace the honey with molasses. Those usually last half an hour to an hour.

Katurday
June 6th, 2008, 02:11 PM
NEVER, EVER, EVER.
But do deep oilings count?
I deep coconut oil once a week overnight, and I'm gonna try EVOO.

Sana
June 6th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I use joico k-pak for deep condition usually once or twice a month. I leave it on for about an hour or two as first C of a CWC.

ladystar
June 6th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I use coconut oil and leave it in my hair all week till my next wash. I add some every other day or so.

Medvssa
June 6th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Often, (I am not a regular person) because my hair NEEDS it. I used to just add shea butter, other oils and honey to my favorite conditioner. Okay maybe once a week or so.

Now I am going completely cone-free to see what happens. I have to be patient, my hair feels very soft in a fluffy way, not in a slippery way. It is a bit frizzy. I still have to figure out a new cone-free deep condition. My hair needs GREASE :D

I finally found a conditioner that doesn't curdle with SMT, but it doesn't seem to do much for my hair :?

MoldyCake
June 6th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Thank you Ravenna! You're quickly becoming my LHC lingo translator.

Does anyone have any deep conditioning treatment products they know of that would help with some stubborn rough hair?

lovingmyhair
June 6th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I usually deep condition once a week with any rich creamy conditioner that I have around the house. I tend to do this weekly because my hair is on the dry side, so the weekly treatments help to keep my hair soft and moisturized.

Stagecoach
June 6th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I DC probably every 4-6 weeks. For that usually means applying coconut oil till my hair is a stringly oily mess and letting that sit over night, then applying a good cone free conditioner in the morning and letting it sit about 20 minutes before washing.

I really don't need anything to drastic because shampoo rarely sits on my length... I only scalp wash so my gentle SLS free shampoo just rinses through my length. I clarify rarely now.

Eden Iris
June 6th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Never. My hair does not do well with heavy conditioning. Instead, I use coconut or olive oil as a leave-in twice a week or so.

Tapioca
June 9th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I do a modified SMT with no honey (my hair hates honey) and a few drops of glycerin. I used to do them weekly, then I got lazy, and I'm noticing that I need to go back to them. I'll occasionally sleep with a ton of coconut oil in my hair and wash it out in the morning. (You should see my pillowcase!)

Deborah
June 10th, 2008, 01:20 AM
I never deep condition. My hair is not at all porous, so I don't think it would do anything.

EvaSimone
June 10th, 2008, 01:27 AM
I deep condition in the shower and leave it on for about ten minutes a few times a week but I am lazy with deep treatments.. I do those probably once every two months.

LynnM
June 10th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I do, when I remember. I put unrefined shea butter (:inlove:) in my hair after I CO wash, and then again in the evening before bed. Does that count?

I've never tried the SMT, but I think I will, soon! Hmm... :)

I've heard that coconut oil can do wonders for hair...

Delenn
June 10th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I use coconut oil for deep treatments and that's on an as-needed basis. Since using henna I really haven't needed to do them with any regularity at all. I still use SIAS leave-in once a week on wash day.

Anje
June 10th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Every few months, I'll do an SMT. The rest of the time, I CO wash, maybe oil the ends or smear in some of Fox's Shea butter cream and call it good enough. My hair doesn't seem to object.

Buddaphlyy
June 10th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Often. Probably 2-3 times a week. Since the weather has been so warm, I've been doing it without the heat cap, but usually I sit under it for 30-45 minutes.

whitesnake
June 10th, 2008, 09:44 PM
i rotate 4 treatments...henna/olive oil with ayurvedic herbs that i have infused/ egg castor honey lime/ mayo coconut milk and eo's.... love it all

whitesnake
June 10th, 2008, 09:45 PM
oh and i do either one everytime i wash my hair :p

Carina
June 10th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I deep condition twice a week.Sometimes I use oils and sometimes a deep conditioner from the store,anything goes:cheese:.My hair is crazy about coconut oil and camellia mixed together.

1nuitblanche
June 10th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I don't deep condition. Or at least, I don't think I do--I don't buy a special product or set a time for it. I oil my hair every day though, and I wait however many days it takes until it's all visibly coated and saturated with oil before washing again. Even then, I just scalp wash and let rinsing water and conditioner get the oil off the ends.