PDA

View Full Version : Bangs/fringe suggestions

LadyGoddess
December 28th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I've got a round face with a super high forehead and need your help picking out bangs! Below is a photo of the way I wrap my super-overgrown bangs around my forehead to try to disguise it but as you can see, it looks super flat:

I'll also be getting my master's degree this spring, so I need to know how to cut my bangs to look professional. I'm also feeling a bit tired of having very long hair, so I'm hoping that new bangs will stay my urge to chop off the rest of my hair.

Thanks!

HintOfMint
December 28th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Congratulations on getting your master's!

As for your bangs, long side swept ones are the best for round faces. (I have a super round face) Try messing around with the parting so that all of them aren't on one side. I usually have a piece or two of my bangs on the other side of my head and it helps balance them out. As far as them being flat you may need to style them a bit to get volume, especially with your hair type. A blowdryer and round brush helps and maybe a bit of styling wax. No, it's not particularly hairsafe, but if it's just on your bangs and you plan to keep them, any damage you get is going to be trimmed away.

LadyGoddess
December 28th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Thank you!

I sorta like the blonde Olsen twin's bangs in this photo:

http://d2eosjbgw49cu5.cloudfront.net/celebrities-weblog.com/imgname--olsen_twins_on_the_loose---50226711--olsentwins.jpg

Is that what you mean?

monsterna
December 28th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Christina Ricci has a high forhead and round/heart-shaped face. Her bangs look really good on her here.

http://s3.daemonsmovies.com/mov/up/2009/04/christina-ricci.jpg

I have a cowlick in the front, but I have managed bangs like that before. Just wanted to throw that in there if you do have a cowlick. You just have to train your hair down, it doens't take much though. That might look really nice on you, I think.

Shicurls
December 28th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Jennifer Love Hewitt also has a high forehead and looks great with side swept bangs. I definitely think you can pull off any of these looks and you will feel more professional!

Shicurls
December 28th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Oh and Robin Tunney has great bangs right now. She too has a high forehead and BSL hair! She's on the "Mentalist" and has to look professional on that show!

LadyGoddess
December 28th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I'm now jealous of Robin Tunney's superb cheek bones!

LadyGoddess
December 28th, 2010, 10:37 PM
@monsterna: I completely forgot that I do have a cowlick right at the front of my hairline which is why I can't manage a straight line of bangs.

Thanks, everyone! ^_^