PDA

View Full Version : learning to braid... garage sale find :)

susiemw
June 5th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Hi all,

My fingers seem to have trouble learning to do braids on
myself if I haven't learned to do the moves on someone else first.....and I don't have a someone else to learn on.

I decided I'd look for one of those toy heads for hairstyling and I went out garage saleing today and found a barbie (I hate Barbie but what the heck) hair styling head for 50 cents!
Maybe I can master a few new braids this way.

Susan

vidgrl007
June 5th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Thats awsome,you can even make little tiny braids all over Barbies head lol.Have you tried to braid your hair while damp?Thats the only way I can braid my hair.

burns_erin
June 5th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Thats awesome, I'll have to try that myself. I think my sister still has one of those packed away. Of course I think it is the generic one, my mom hated barbie too, and there was a bald spot in the middle, but I bet that would not make too much of a difference anyway.

Curlsgirl
June 5th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I love Barbie! That's a really good idea! Will have to look for one of those cheap. I can do french, dutch and English but seem to get mixed up doing any more complicated.

Phalaenopsis
June 5th, 2008, 11:28 PM
That's a smart way of doing it.
But don't forget that braiding on yourself is a bit different than braiding on someone else. But now you can master the technique though :)

julya
June 6th, 2008, 01:04 AM
For learning how to braid, the best for me was to pull it into a ponytail first, then braid it. I am proficient at a regular braid now, but no french braiding skills.

Saranne772
June 6th, 2008, 01:06 AM
I have been doing a regular braid since I was about 7 so Im good that them. But the others pass me by!! I would like a proper hair styling head to try these things on. :D