PDA

View Full Version : Would a silk scarf in hair at work be gentle enough for hair?

shikara
December 27th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I realize that silk/satin is great for resting your head on when you sleep but we HAVE TO rest our heads, so that is the best option. I've been wearing my hair in buns at the nape (they hold the best there) but sometimes at work the bun may droop a little and a gentle tug or two occurs. I can adjust the pin of course, but I'd rather have my hair be a non-issue while at work. I found that by tying the narrow silk scarf across the top my head and finishing off below the bun, it can give it just the tiniest bit of lift needed to stop the tug - plus there some beautiful scarves out there!! I think any rubbing would be extremely minimal. What is your opinion on how this would affect the hair?

myria
December 27th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I don't think it would do any harm, silk and satin are pretty gentle on hair. Someone else might know for certain though.

pepperminttea
December 27th, 2010, 04:51 PM
In terms of securing hair, a silk scarf is probably the least damaging thing I can think of. :)

spidermom
December 27th, 2010, 05:09 PM
In terms of securing hair, a silk scarf is probably the least damaging thing I can think of. :)

Agreed (too bad my message was too short).

Kallenie
December 27th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I've used silk scarves before as a means to keep my buns up and I haven't noticed any damage at all.

McFearless
December 27th, 2010, 07:30 PM
They are very gentle on the hair and if they keep your bun from being too heavy thats a plus.