PDA

View Full Version : How to do fun ponytails...

Speckla
December 27th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Do you bling it up? match toys to your clothes?

http://images112.fotki.com/v494/photos/7/1199357/8345517/000_0013-vi.jpg

Madora
December 27th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Sorry, but I avoid ponytails if at all possible.

Rennire
December 27th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Wonderful matching holders!

When I do pony tails I usually do some tiny braids throughout
it to make it more interesting. If I'm feeling really enthusiastic I might curl the ends with a sock bun first and wear a sparklely headband =)

LovelyL
December 27th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Admittedly this suggestion is a braid rather than a ponytail, but maybe try braiding a ribbon that matches your outfit? I try and match my hair elastics to what I'm wearing too, but sadly have a slightly limited selection. Need more purple hair elastics... huzzah for purple-tasticness :eyebrows:

simplewaves
December 27th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Definitely not into colored hair accessories. I prefer something more natural-colored and more age appropriate - I don't want to share my daughters' hair accessories!

enfys
December 27th, 2010, 07:42 PM
I make sure my toys and clothes don't clash rather than checking they match, but I tend to stay away from ponytails. Not worth blinging them up if you are just putting it back to apply a face mask!

Your coloured hairbands look fun though; it's a good contrast in your hair too.

redneckprincess
December 27th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Sometimes I wrap a small section of hair arount the pony holder to cover/hide it. If I let the holder show, it usually matches my shirt.
I don't usually wear pony tails as a style though. Usually just as a way to keep my hair out of my way.

MotherConfessor
December 27th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Dont generally do ponytails these days, but the idea of glamming one up is interesting, it would be an excellent way to insert a colored hair extension, some falls, or a few braids...

sahiba
December 28th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I would often do a half up with a pretty barrette and then use a cloth band or a catch clips

ravenreed
December 28th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I do the occasional high pony. I find they get less tangled than the low ones. When I do, I try to do something pretty, like a Flexi-8, or flower, or a braid around the band or something. I also like odango buns because they eat up a lot of my length, and I still get to use my awesome hair sticks.

redneckprincess
December 28th, 2010, 12:04 PM
I also like odango buns.

whats that?

cataphract
December 28th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Spekla, I love your hair!!!

I usually add to my pony tails by flipping them, topsy tail style. Sometimes I'll tie it up with a leather lace instead of an elastic. Or cover a latex band with some ribbon. Unfortunately the fancier things usually just end up catching and knotting my hair.

ravenreed
December 28th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Like Sailor Moon hair. Here is a thread with some great ones. Sailor Moon Hair? (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=55059&highlight=odango)

And here is a Youtube howto with one version. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-y9fkJiQ3U)

I do mine a bit differently, but those are some great starting places.

whats that?

lajsa
December 28th, 2010, 03:34 PM
My ponytails are all boring and dull, haha :p But I don't do them much, since I feel like they always tug on my scalp, and I get paranoid about the protection of my ends.

christine1989
December 28th, 2010, 03:37 PM
If I do a ponytail (which is rare) I usually do a boring low pony with a cute clip rather than an elastic. I guess that isn't really a ponytail but I think it looks a bit fancier.