PDA

View Full Version : How did you find LHC?

JuneBride
December 27th, 2010, 12:58 PM
We all talk about what we did or how our hair looked "Pre-LHC"...so I was wondering how you found LHC?

I love LHC and it has rescued me from my bad habits of things like shampooing day after day and using [too much] heat etc. The idea for this thread came from being a part of the threads like "show us your hair Pre-LHC" and "do you ever break the LHC rules."

So please share your "how I found LHC" story here!

Here is mine:

Night after night for months I would research how to revive my very-damaged-by-bleach hair, one night I googled "how to repair damaged hair" and an amazing article entitled "Damaged Hair" by Nightshade popped up...from that I was linked to an article by Teacherbear. From there I realized the articles were on this site called "The Long Hair Community" - I was instantaneously curious and interested to learn more, more more!!! I poked around a little more, joined the next day and have been in heaven since!!! I have learned how to treat my hair well, and many other invaluable things about hair!!!

So, please share your story - Thank you!!!

Avvoltoio
December 27th, 2010, 01:05 PM
i found it on google too in 2006
i searched hair care, and hair grow tips, i found it, so i registered and readed some topic.
But i started to be active member only from this year October.
I don't know why i not started to write comments, and be active member when i registered, maybe i have not seen how wonderful place is this. But now i am here and comment every day, also i uploaded pictures about myself etc. for example today i spent almost 10 hours there :D

Nastasia
December 27th, 2010, 02:00 PM
If I recall correctly, I was watching hair tutorials on Youtube, and found Torrin Paige. After watching a few of her videos, I decided to check out this "long hair community" she referred to. And here I am!

Ishje
December 27th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I did a google search about length's :)

Juneii
December 27th, 2010, 02:21 PM
When I was googling long hair care and tips to help hair grow faster. I saw the LHC a few times but overlooked it because I wasn't very interested in joining a forum. My past experiences with forums weren't so great. But I keep seeing the link and several long hairs making references to it. I finally decided to join after being inspired by photos from the flicker account of another member. After that I've been drawn in by the warm wonderful community and the great people in it :)

Lianna
December 27th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Also another one trying to grow hair faster. :D

ooo
December 27th, 2010, 02:27 PM
I already explained it once on a similar thread. On the German langhaarnetzwerk trollkjerring told me about this forum. That's why I joined.
I knew it before, because people on other boards sometimes refer to information from TLHC.

Olyve
December 27th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I was googling about growing HEALTHY hair and ways to help repair the damage I have done from chemical dyes. I lurked on here for a good 4-5 months before joining.

Madora
December 27th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Probably Googling. I was having withdrawal pangs after Frank Plonisen's Long Hair Site closed down. Great to find another site that had such a wide variety of experience -- and gorgeous photos!

Snow White
December 27th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Well, way back in about 2000, I was searching for how to take care of hair or something like that... I found some information and I found the old LHC. When they moved to this website in 2003, I followed. I have been active on and off throughout the years (having children kind of gets in the way of spending time on the internet :) )

utdesertrunner
December 27th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Another googler here! Probably looking for advice on how to grow hair faster. What I found was a wealth of knowledge on proper hair care and how to grow it healthier! And I also found lots and lots of inspiration!

Anje
December 27th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Google... But I was looking for alternative menstrual cup folds, and discovered the rather massive thread on menstrual cups. Decided to stick around and grow my hair longer by discovering this site, rather than the other way around.

Angeletti
I was searching around the internet for why my ends looked so thin, at the time I didn't realize that not cutting for several years would do that, so I came across LHC and decided to ask if anyone else had gone through that when growing out long hair. I'm so glad that I found out about this place : )

redwoman
I googled long hair and this site popped up. I lurked, then joined. I've learned a lot about hair since.

JuneBride
December 27th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Google... But I was looking for alternative menstrual cup folds, and discovered the rather massive thread on menstrual cups. Decided to stick around and grow my hair longer by discovering this site, rather than the other way around.

COOL!!! :cheese:

Cowgirl16
December 27th, 2010, 02:58 PM
I was on AOL and there was a story about longhaired women who sit around discussing their long hair. I thought holy cow I've found my kindreds :cheese:
I feel right at home here:D

Panth
December 27th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I think I came via the long hair communities on LiveJournal which I've never joined but have used as an occasional reference. I believe I was looking for more info on Feye's trimming method and got hooked by the articles on hairstyles, previously being only able to do an English plait and a nape-of-the-neck ponytail.

I've lurked for a few months, though, since my laptop has Chrome and it wouldn't let me register using that...

1953Diygal
December 27th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Actually, I found it when I first read somewhere online about "THE DANGERS OF CONES!!!" :D:p I did a Google search and found TLHC. That was in my first year of teaching and I've been teaching now for....7 years! Yow! Almost a decade!
ETA: I lurked for quite some time before becoming an official member.

pepperminttea
December 27th, 2010, 03:11 PM
It was actually as I was buying my first GTS fork. Kimi messaged me to ask if I was an LHC member since that would get me free shipping at the time, and I replied yes since I thought she meant the longhair LJ community, and then googled to check, and found this place. :) Signed up, and been hanging around like a bad wig ever since. :p I had seen Torrin's vids before, at the LJ community, and had already decided to actively grow my hair. I'd also been playing around with washing techniques for a while, but I never really got good at it until I came here. :D

GoddesJourney
December 27th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I was googling long hair care and found some weird sites and some dead sites. This one seemed both available and actually helpful, so I stuck around. I like the forums and I've since decided to stay. I've been meaning to grow out to waist length or so for many years, but it wasn't practical at the time. Just when I finally meant to do it, I ended up in a place where my hair got fried by the chlorine content of the water. I ended up having to systematically chop it off as it grew out. I still have a little damage left, but almost nothing. I would love to have anywhere between waist and tailbone healthy hair.

Hana
December 27th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Ah! I am on livejournal, and I used to belong to a vintage hair community. One day, a link was provided.... this link, in fact.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=82

So I clicked.... and joined.... and never looked back! Ta da!

kattygf
December 27th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I was googling waist length hair pics for inspiration and found it. Needless to say it nutures my hair obsession.

jojo
December 27th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I found LHC when my hair was neck length in 2006 I was looking for tips for growing healthy hair, I didnt actually join until 2007 though and the rest is history!

Carrie Ingalls
December 27th, 2010, 03:54 PM
From time to time I would google things having to do with long hair, but I never really found anything good until I stumbled upon the archived board and thought "just my luck I find something great and it is a dead board." Thankfully I happened to click somewhere that brought me to the active board, I was SO ecstatic! I proceeded to lurk from January 2009 until I May 2009 when I had an email address Icould join with. That is how I found the LHC. :)

Tia2010
December 27th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I was searching for articles on haircare and argan oil and after visiting a few sites I found LHC. :)

little_cherry
December 27th, 2010, 04:00 PM
I think it may have been through the Henna Sooq blog spot....I can't remember!

Wish
December 27th, 2010, 04:00 PM
I was google-ing hot oil treatments and I came across the LHC archive, where there was a thread. I remembered seeing this site a lot when looking up various hair endeavors, and so one day, I finally joined :)

triumphator!
December 27th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I was googling "does the Wen haircare system really work"

Then I learned here that it's just a glorified CO :) and I lurked and lurked until I finally joined the day before my birthday!

Kaijah
December 27th, 2010, 04:43 PM
I was browsing a fashion/lifestyle forum on Gaia Online, and someone had a banner for LHC in their signature. I clicked, was addicted immediately, but took a while to make an account here.

I really wish I could remember the user so I could thank them. xD My hair wouldn't be nearly as nice if it weren't for that one little picture link.

aberbeth
December 27th, 2010, 04:50 PM
I Google searched hair dos for long hair and found this site. I wanted to grow my hair long but wanted to know how to take care of it.

Fadedbluedreams
December 27th, 2010, 05:18 PM
I found LHC by googling hair care and stuff. I was obsessed with it and I kept ending up here over and over again so I joined :)

Annushka
December 27th, 2010, 05:20 PM
After a "friend" said I should cut my hair because "women our age shouldn't have long hair" I decided to grow it much longer. I did a google search for ways to grow hair faster, specifically something called "Formula 37" which I had seen on Amazon I think, and up came a link for LHC. I ended up never trying Formula 37 and am instead trying to be patient and enjoy the journey.

turquoisebud
December 27th, 2010, 05:54 PM
If I recall correctly, I was watching hair tutorials on Youtube, and found Torrin Paige. After watching a few of her videos, I decided to check out this "long hair community" she referred to. And here I am!

I also found LHC from watching Torrin's videos on Youtube! I heard her say so much about LHC "what is that" :confused: Now I know! :cheer:

Mountaingrrl
December 27th, 2010, 07:20 PM
I found out about LHC a few years ago on the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (fragrance oils) discussion board. Recently I decided to grow my hair long again, and came here for hair-care advice and mutual support with the patience.

Elenna
December 27th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I was looking for natural recipes for hair care and regrowing it long. And stumbled on this site.

Previously, I had decided to grow my hair without hair dye, and told my hair dresser. Bad mistake since she kept it at shoulder length and wasn't supportative, duh!

PrincessTieflin
December 27th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I was researching "what to do with long hair" back when I had my hip length extensions LOL.. and a great article popped up about how to use sticks and forks..

I don't remember who wrote the article tho.. sorry :o

gossamer
December 27th, 2010, 07:37 PM
A member on Ravelry whose projects I had long admired noticed my braid and asked if I might be a member. When I responded in confusion, she sent me the link and thereby kicked off my daily visits to this site. Thanks, Isa-belle!

sedonia
December 27th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I heard LHC mentioned on bhuz.com, a belly dance forum that I have been a member of for a very long time. I think the topic was henna as hair dye or something. I had recently made the decision to grow my hair out.

Roscata
December 27th, 2010, 08:41 PM
A friend of mine told me about this site, she's not on it; she is trying to grow out natural dreads but her website refers to this forum a lot, so she knew about it and she thought it would help me with my henna lightening which I was considering at the time. I read a few articles, then a few more, etc. Now here I am. :D

Becky Safari
December 27th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I had googled long hair care and had been reading this site for years, then forgetting about it, then googling, then forgetting...haha but I finally got an account and got myself to do more research in the articles and such

patienceneeded
December 27th, 2010, 09:41 PM
I was looking through Google-recommended sites for long hair, how to grow long hair, care for long hair, etc. From there I stumbled onto a mention of this site and hopped on over! I lurked for about a day, then joined up and started taking better care of my hair and setting length goals. As I type my hair is air-drying after my very first SMT!

eezepeeze
December 27th, 2010, 10:08 PM
I was encouraged to check out this site by TorrinPaige after communicating to her on youtube how inspirational I found her tutorials.

I had been planning on cutting my hair, having bangs cut in (with my curly hair? the horror!), and having it chemically straightened once again.

After checking out this site, I decided to stick it out a little longer before cutting, and then decided that I wanted to see what my hair and its curls could really do, so I joined and have been addicted ever since.

Really, though, it was Torrin's recommendation that led me here.

Maggie May
December 27th, 2010, 10:13 PM
I was looking for long hair experts to tell me how often to trim for growing long, healthy hair. This site is super awesome! Can't wait to have full access to be able to share more pictures with everyone!

Cheeks1206
December 27th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I found this site through naturallycurly.com. I love my curls, but this site suits my needs better.

adiapalic
December 27th, 2010, 11:04 PM
I googled "long hair" or course! :bluebiggr

dragonmyst
December 28th, 2010, 12:34 AM
I first found this site by googling an ingrediant for bath bombs and it brought up a post here. Since it was on my phone I didn't get the actual site info bookmarked (haven't figured out how to do that on my phone yet) and I forgot about it... only to stumble across it in another google search on henna. I forgot to bookmark it on the computer and kinda forgot about it... until in another search on youtube for belly dancing I somehow stumbled on JJJ's hair vids. I was stunned. There was my childhood dream hair! I watched all JJJ's vid then went to another gals vids on hair styles and one of the vids had ANOTHER link to here.

I finally took the time to skim through this site (stayed up WAY too late) and decided I was going to re-grow my hair. I love this site and I love how nice my hair is now that I am really taking care of it.

Honestly I think 'something' wanted me to know about this site. :D

Dragon
December 28th, 2010, 12:45 AM
I was on Google looking up natural hair recipes, hair care and if trimming is necessary. I kept landing in posts from this site so one day I decided to check it out and soon after I decided to join up.

serious
December 28th, 2010, 12:57 AM
While discussing henna on Serbian Lush forum, someone mentioned Henna for hair site and the LHC. I lurked for a couple of months and was so impressed with all the beautiful hairstyles and hairtoys (and people, of course!) here, so I decided to join :)

christine1989
December 28th, 2010, 12:58 AM
I had been using coconut oil on my hair for a few years and stumbled across LHC when researching new oils to use on my hair. I was really impressed at the great wealth of information on the forums and lurked around for about 6 months before finally joining.

skaempfer
December 28th, 2010, 01:10 AM
After I turned 40 I decided it was time to grow my hair down to my butt, which was something I had always wanted to do. Everything I googled; oils, henna, long hair past 40, TLHC kept popping up and was far and away the best source of intelligent, well-presented information (not just untested, crackpot theories such as "cutting your hair will make it grow faster" and "flatirons seal in moisture").

I'm afraid you all are stuck with me now. :D

leslissocool
December 28th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Researching baking soda for clarifying hair! I ran into Heidi W's methods, and I found it so informative I had to join! Plus all of their articles were just amazing... and I saw people's length pictures in threads and just fell in love with the hair! I didn't know I wanted classic length hair until I came here... I wanted waist... Now that I am at waist I want to just keep on adding inches!

Teilani
December 28th, 2010, 01:31 AM
I wanted hair sticks one night after I got fed up with claws and then ordered several from LongLocks. While browsing that site I found mention of this one. Fairly simple really.

Mírien
December 28th, 2010, 01:45 AM
This autumn I decided to continue growing and I googled for some good advice. When I found LHC I immediately knew that it is something for me. :cheese:

Night_Kitten
December 28th, 2010, 02:53 AM
I found LHC through the Long Hair Loom - In August 2009, after an exam at the Uni, I started searching for long hair care on google, just to de-stess... I cmae across the Loom, and found there a link to the LHC... It took me till May 2010 to officially join though... :o

Loreley
December 28th, 2010, 02:54 AM
I found LHC in July 2009. My hair was almost at classic length, with very thin ends and it was terribly demaged. I was looking for information about proper haircare, how to prevent demage when I came across this site. :)

rosek
December 28th, 2010, 03:11 AM
I was Googling new hairstyles/hairdos. I was thinking of getting my hair cut, because I thought it was abit boring. I'm so glad I found TLHC instead!

naturegirl321
December 28th, 2010, 03:40 AM
From Longhairlovers.com they used to have a forum years and years ago.

Dolly
December 28th, 2010, 04:56 AM
I was on the QVC forum, because I had been using WEN......it got to where I couldn't afford it anymore, and I was looking for alternate (cheaper) methods. Someone mentioned CO washing and LHC.......and here I am!

smileycat
December 28th, 2010, 05:31 AM
I quit getting highlights in my hair in early 2009, and a year later started struggling with my darkened blonde. I started looking for alternatives to lightening my hair a bit and found Ktani's honey thread. Around the same time, I also started experimenting with Chagrin Valley shampoo bars and found mention again of that LHC place! LHC started cropping up in a lot of my searches, so I figured I should check it out more thoroughly.

mrs_coffee
December 28th, 2010, 05:37 AM
I was looking for info on henna. I'd been coloring my hair chemically for a few years and wanted to get away from that. I'd also been contemplating growing my hair long so when I found this place it was very exciting because it seemed to have all of the info I needed, and everyone here is really cool and helpful and very knowledgeable.

DB
December 28th, 2010, 06:25 AM
I was on bodybuilding.com reading a thread about "gym hair care". I was on a weight loss journey at the time and excercising six days per week. Almost daily washing was starting to take a toll on my hair. One of the ladies posted a link to this forum, about co-washing, I think. I read for hours, but ultimately decided to have "the chop" and focus on my goal of losing weight. I was, however, impressed at how friendly and polite the members of this forum are, so I bookmarked it. So cut to now... 18mths later and 45 kg lighter...I'm on a new journey now :)

growing2shine
December 28th, 2010, 08:04 AM
I was searching for unconventional hair care, for chemically damaged, long hair. And then I found this amazing forum. All my "strange" questions have been answered, and I have already found a routine that works amazing for me. My hair is not only so much healthier, but I have also gained a lot of length, and my hair is now longer than ever before! :D When I joined, my hair was a dry, damaged mess and I desperately wanted to grow the dye out.

thatjengirl1
December 28th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Well I joined in 2007. I was a Junior in High School. I was on the school computer at school and I looked up "Long hair forum" because I had just got my hair cut from BSL to shoulder and i wanted to grow it back.

Of course "long hair community" popped right up!
I looked around and joined that a couple days later :)

aggie_deirde
December 28th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Just like me!

arc691
December 28th, 2010, 09:27 PM
My hair is too long to wear it down, and I was tired of only ever piling it on top of my head in a bun. I googled "hair styles for super long hair" and discovered this wonderful forum! :) I also found the Dressy Tresses website, which has a lot of great ideas, too! Now I take time every morning to fix my hair in a pretty style, and am having so much fun trying out new things. :happydance:

AJoifulNoise
December 28th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I was browsing an Apostolic forum (I was one at the time). They pointed to this site, saying that the people had good hair advice. BUT, we shouldn't talk to them because they were heathens. I came here, stayed. I left them and their religion. :twisted:

DorothyAtForty
December 28th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I am trying to grow out my tri-colored hair and wanted to find an interesting way to keep it out of the way while it grew out. I was searching the internet for different ways to create an updo for my hair and I found this forum. The hairstyles were (still are) so pretty. I joined right there and then.

DorothyAtForty
December 28th, 2010, 09:55 PM
I was browsing an Apostolic forum (I was one at the time). They pointed to this site, saying that the people had good hair advice. BUT, we shouldn't talk to them because they were heathens. I came here, stayed. I left them and their religion. :twisted:

That's an interesting way to have found LHC! :)

SpinDance
December 30th, 2010, 08:36 AM
I was searching for new up-do's and kept ending up here. After a few months of lurking randomly I joined up. Best thing ever did for my hair!

lupiae
December 30th, 2010, 08:45 AM
I was searching for some advice or suggestion for my wife's hair (she has long blond hair) and I found this community. Unfortunately I cannot often partecipate for work problems, bit i like this community very much

sally_neuf
December 30th, 2010, 08:46 AM
I had been pretty much obsessed with knitting and crocheting, and I thought "Hey! Braiding is like crocheting.. but with hair!! how cool!" And started looking for some nice braids and updos...
Found LHC and now I want to grow until waist and beyond!

breezefaerie
December 30th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I was looking for info on hair loss as I was having some issues related to a medication I was taking. I haven't left since and my hair has never looked better!

Avital88
December 30th, 2010, 09:15 AM
I googled : how to grow longer hair faster in 2008 and found LHC, i subcribed after some weeks of lurking,then after a while not being online and not being an active member i lost/forgot my account info/changed emailadress.
So this year i finally subscribed again!
Now i need to get rid of all the flat iron damage,,:(

MAO
December 30th, 2010, 09:17 AM
I actually came across this site by following a link from another site, which took me to the OCM thread. :)

sami
December 30th, 2010, 09:25 AM
I was reading about the use of Lush henna as an alternative to conventional chemical dyes on the MSE forum and LHC was mentioned there. I must've clicked on the link and read a few posts here on Lush and that was about it. I apparently joined up, but made no further visits until late Nov this year. I was looking into the usual of henna as a hair dye and reactions with chemical dyes. I did visit a few henna places too but settled on LHC after looking around the rest of that sub-forum and then the rest of the forum. Oh man, why didn't I find this place at least 5 years ago?? I have been using the internet for about 10 years now and have searched for anything and everything, yet till recently I have never bothered to look at haircare!!

T.L.T.
December 30th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I came across it a few week ago. I googled hair care, or growing hair out, or something... eventually I came across this site. Since I am trying to grow my hair and was looking for advice and support, it is perfect

midnightwolf
December 30th, 2010, 10:14 AM
The other night i was looking for tips for looking after long hair and pictures of hair lengths and found this site. Then decided to join as i love long hair :)

meishkamooshka
December 30th, 2010, 10:38 AM

Same here! :D

CastaDiva
December 30th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I just stumbled across it, didn`t search for it or anything:)

CrisDee
December 30th, 2010, 10:56 AM
My daughter turned me on to H4H at the beginning of 2009. When my henna came out too dark, someone on the H4H board suggested coming over here to find lightening methods. I didn't do it for quite some time, as I'd chopped off all my hair to pixie and thought this board was only for people who already had long hair. Finally caved in November 2009 - so glad I did! :flower:

svehex
December 30th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I watched a video by AutumnsMagic on YoyTubeand she recommended LHC

daaisychains
December 30th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Oh i found it after references to this site on the longhair community on livejournal.

Mamakash
December 30th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I was researching Wen products after seeing the infomercial . . . which led me to co washing . . . which led me here! I lurked for a while and then joined. I come here first whenever I hop on the net!

Anywhere
December 30th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Well, I'm not 100% sure. I believe I was looking up "how to grow long hair fast" because I had been wanting to grow it long for years, and had just had a horrible haircut (the one with layers from 2 years ago that I'm still growing out :mad:)

At first I stumbled upon this one site, longhairloom I believe? Then I found the ethnic hair site "for women of color", which I am not. Eventually my search led me here. I lurked for a few months, then decided Hey. Why don't I make an account?

And a wonderful decision it was.:cheese::disco::cheese:

ETA: Actually, thinking about it, I remember the day I signed up. I was looking at a thread here about the mousy brown/dishwasher blonde color, (thinking my natural hair color was the same, I hadn't seen it since 5th grade) I couldn't see the pictures and I wanted to, so then I joined and posted some.

dereksurfs
December 30th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Well, I'm sort of a research nut and decided to research hair care products. Initially I ended up on sites like Amazon and MakeupAlley. But then I found LHC and started reading some of the posts which I found it much more informative and interesting. I also must admit seeing the results ppl are achieving really helps lend credibility to reviews. This world wide forum offers a wealth of information. It's pretty amazing.

Since I'm also a father and husband I have been researching these things for the girls in my life as well. Just recently someone suggested I try a tangle teazer for my two daughters who suffer daily from regular combings. Well today after applying some conditioner mixed with water (another recommendtion) and combing their hair they were beaming! No crying and beautifully shinny hair. ;)

Thanks all,

Derek

looniac
December 30th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I was doing some research on oil treatments, which led me to LHC, and I liked the topics so much I wanted to join in! I am also growing my hair out from a pixie to hopefully waist or beyond, and it is great to have a supportive group of people who answer questions and so I don't have to bug people who don't care about my hair obsessions!

sanfen
December 30th, 2010, 03:55 PM
From my best friend - Google. :-)

Nago
December 30th, 2010, 04:48 PM
I was looking for hair tips.

OperaTeacherMom
December 30th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I found it through naturallycurly.com. I posted (and still occasionally post) some there for hair care tips and such after reading the book Curly Girl, which I had found on Amazon while searching for something else I think.

funnybunny668
December 30th, 2010, 06:04 PM
A friend of mine directed me to the naturallycurly website some years back, and someone there mentioned LHC, so I came to see it. I've been a member here for sevral years, but my posting is rather off-and-on. Actually, I do a lot more reading than posting.

MilknHoney
December 30th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I had damage and needed to try something new... in the back of my mind was the desire to grow it another six inches or so, and wear more up-dos to work.

So I found LHC on Google and lurked, and it spoke to me, the alternatives to more-and-pricier products, etc. A little oil, better. CO, better still. So this is why protein didn't ever work for my hair... so this is why and when we clarify. I see. :)

Just a few weeks into it, and my hair is like silk, the happiest I've ever seen it. Love. And you all like hair toys too! No one I know IRL wears hair sticks except me, and you found all the cool ones so now I have a new hobby as well as new hair :)

Steinkauz
December 30th, 2010, 06:11 PM
I was desperate to help my hair grow in a healthy way- and after some google searches I found this site!

Noula
December 31st, 2010, 04:56 AM
Saw a reference to it on another forum, decided to check it out and after a week of lurking decided to join since I've just decided to grow my hair out again.

I used to have between waist- and hip-length hair but cut it off to just above shoulder a month or two ago and want it long again. I've grown it out several times before but it was always more of a 'can't be bothered to have it cut' thing, now I've finally decided I like my hair long and want to keep it that way once it grows out again. Not quite sure how long I want it yet, would be interesting to see how long it can get but I do want to keep it manageable. Lots of good information here.

caadam
December 31st, 2010, 05:02 AM
I found LHC through doing a search on natural hair care. I
clicked on a link and realized I was in a forum specifically for
hair. lol I was pretty excited to have found such a place, and I
plan on staying around for a long time. :D I really love this
place, and everyone here is very lovely.

I've learned a lot already, more than I thought my mind could
process! But it was worth it. I had a lot of misconceptions
about hair products and such, but realized that I was doing
myself a disservice with my routine when I first came here. I've
only been here for two weeks, though, so I'm still a noob. I
like spelling it that way. :P

silversnow
December 31st, 2010, 05:15 AM
Someone had posted videos on another site of extremely long hair, so I did a search on hair lengths, came across the Long Tresses group on Yahoo, which led me here.

kschr2004
December 31st, 2010, 05:26 AM
I honestly can't remember what I was searching on, but it was something about caring for long hair. I actually found LHC somewhere in 2007, before the old site went down. Though I didn't register until a few months after the new site came up. Even as a lurker, I was devastated when I couldn't get to the site for a while!

OrangeStripe
December 31st, 2010, 05:57 AM
I was bored and ill, and I decided to finally learn how to a french plait on myself. But then I got sidetracked by the othere hairstyles and did a crown braid instead. Now one of my favourite styles!

anitacs9101
March 11th, 2013, 11:43 PM
I was watching random hair tutorials when I clicked on this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLoi4odyFkc). I had never ever seen hair that long before! o.O So I just kept watching the related videos on the side and I noticed consistencies in styles and tools (like hairsticks and other things I'd never heard of) that all these random youtubers were using so my flaming curiosity wanted to know who these people were. Then I found this forum linked in a bunch of videos. At first I just read the site again out of curiosity and then I decided to join! :)

catasa
March 11th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Through a local/national site dedicated to (mostly) the conditioner-only method. I can´t remember how I found that, probably searching for cures for dry and frizzy hair. When the CO method didn´t work out so well in the end for me (though I used it for several years and it was much better than SLS shampoo and cone conditioner every day...) I finally found LHC through posts recommending things that had been recommended here.

And am I ever happy about that :cheer: this is a great site!

kelly20364
March 12th, 2013, 12:28 AM
It all started with Pinterest. I saw the pin to Loepsie's video about sock bun curls, then watched her hair care videos...googled long hair care and found this place! and the rest is history...

ghost
March 12th, 2013, 12:42 AM
I found it via the long hair community at livejournal.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 12th, 2013, 12:49 AM
I was Googling something to do with hair care and came across LHC. I lurked for a while and drooled over such gorgeous hair, then decided I had to be part of this fabulous community.

SnowWhite
March 12th, 2013, 01:03 AM
I was googling 'how to grow your hair', then I stumbled upon this fabulous website!

Natalia
March 12th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Hmmm im pretty sure i came across it on a google search, likely for hair styles its been so long i cant remember. I was on here pre-crash of 08 but i kind of dabbled so when it went down i got busy with school and forgot about it for a while. Then I came across it again after i got really sick (spend several months in bed you do alot of browsing) and been active every since :).

jacqueline101
March 12th, 2013, 02:59 AM
I was googling and typed in long hair forum this one came up.

melusine963
March 12th, 2013, 06:38 AM
I found it via the long hair community at livejournal.

Same here. I also kept hearing it mentioned in Torrin's Youtube videos, and that gave me the final push to join.

neko_kawaii
March 12th, 2013, 08:52 AM
A coincidence of discovering my hair was long after ignoring it for three years and neck pain. A Google search for those terms brought me here and an interest in different updo styles and bemusement with natural hair care kept my attention.

imaroo
March 12th, 2013, 09:02 AM
I found it several years ago in a Google search about long hair care. Lurked for a few years before finally starting my own account.

rowie
March 12th, 2013, 09:02 AM
I'm another Googler! I wanted to find sites that had information on how to grow long hair the "right" way. I've stumbled upon this and many others, but I've settled mostly here in LHC because the people here seem to be more knowledgeable when it comes to hair care and products.

Naiadryade
March 12th, 2013, 12:01 PM
For a few years, every time I had a question about my hair and Googled it... whether it was about ACV, WO (didn't know that acronym back then), natural hair care, dandruff, painful cowlicks, various other things... I would read around a few places, but the best, most comprehensive and helpful answers always came from threads on LHC. This happened multiple times over the course of a few years, and when I was finally fed up with my hair not getting any longer, I decided to join. Thank goodness I did! Now I find myself with much healthier hair that's getting longer, and the ability to give that advice back to others.

Rainbow2911
March 12th, 2013, 12:26 PM
I was pointed here from a discussion on herbal hair washing on a babywearing site in 2006. Lurked on and off ever since! My hair always appreciates it when I do lots of reading here.

Soltimus
March 12th, 2013, 12:55 PM
I was talking hair stuff with a friend of mine who's also growing her hair long, and she sent me some links to youtube videos and told me about LHC as well. I snooped around for a bit and then just decided to join since I wanted to really commit to growing my hair long. Sooo glad I found this place!

ilandree
March 12th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Nothing too exciting, was Googling "long hair care", nearly 4 years ago :)
I don't post much, but I do love LHC

MasCat
March 12th, 2013, 05:22 PM
A friend of mine posted a link to here on a Polish bellydancing forum. She said it had lots of info on henna and hair care in general.

I clicked the link and discovered that I might NOT be terminal at an inch below waist... and now I'm TB and growing :D

floralgem
March 12th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Last year, I had seen pictures on the internet of extremely long hair (like knee+) and being a former TBL, I was thinking about growing my hair back out. I then searched on wiki how with "how to grow your hair long," and this site fell in with the references. I lurked for a little, then finally made an account.

bobaerose
March 13th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Searching for anyone or info on going back to "virgin" natural god given hair :o It's amazing how little info is out there about being natural .... it's nearly impossible to find a true head of hair!

TheLuckyLurker
March 13th, 2013, 10:21 PM
After keeping my hair in a pixie cut for a couple years I missed being able to braid it and decided to grow it out. I thought there might be a "correct" way to do it so my ends wouldn't be jacked up like they were when I just stopped trimming and ignored it like I had every other time I'd cut it, so I googled 'long hair websites'. LHC had a very large, very active message board, so I checked it out. After a month or so of lurking, I joined in December of '09, and haven't looked back.

RavennaNight
March 13th, 2013, 10:25 PM
I was looking for ways to make my hair grow faster. (oh, silly, silly me) LHC came up when I googled. :shrug: And then I lurked. And lurked. And lurked some more, until I decided to go ahead and register after reading some of the threads.

~honeyflower~
March 23rd, 2013, 11:15 PM
I was looking on Yahoo answers for hair care and someone referenced LHC. After that, I began lurking for nine months before signing up.

Bagginslover
March 24th, 2013, 11:08 AM
I was on a money saving forum, and asked for methods to cut my own hair. Someone there linked me to Feyes self trim method in a thread here. I didn't use it at the time, I did something else that put a ton of layers in my hair, layers I'm now growing out after coming back here a few months later to look at all the lovely photos again. I was inspired to grow, much to my boyfriends delight, as I'd been threatening a bob, which he would have hated