PDA

View Full Version : Hair Toy Help

Kaya
December 26th, 2010, 02:38 PM
So, I was checking out the lovely Ficcare hair toys that everyone talks about, and I was curious. How do you know which clip to use? It seems like there are several styles and then a couple of different sizes within in each style to choose from.

I would like to get one or two, but I don't want to get the wrong size. Could anyone offer some guidance? Tips and/or recommendations are welcome!
I have pretty thick hair when twisted up/bunned, so a lot of normal hair toys tend to fall down in defeat. :(

tigr
December 31st, 2010, 06:12 PM
So, I was checking out the lovely Ficcare hair toys that everyone talks about, and I was curious. How do you know which clip to use? It seems like there are several styles and then a couple of different sizes within in each style to choose from.

I would like to get one or two, but I don't want to get the wrong size. Could anyone offer some guidance? Tips and/or recommendations are welcome!
I have pretty thick hair when twisted up/bunned, so a lot of normal hair toys tend to fall down in defeat. :(
I can't believe no one has answered this. If you post in the Conventional Products forum ande use the word Ficcare in the thread title, you'll probably get a faster response. :)

Bast
December 31st, 2010, 06:44 PM
It all depends on your hair thickness, and what exactly you want to use the Ficcare for. On my hair (roughly below APL, fine, i/ii thickness) I use a medium for french twists and a large for a cinnabun.

Their website http://www.ficcare.com/ has more sizing information. Also, if you have a Nordstroms near you, they sell the Maximas style and have a range of sizes that you can physically pick up and look at (and the employee at my local one offered to let me try 'em out, too)

Another option is to also go to the swap board, and see if anybody is selling a used Ficcare and experimenting!

With your description of your hair, I'd suspect you would want a large, at the very minimum, if not an extra-large.

patienceneeded
December 31st, 2010, 08:02 PM
I had actually asked this question over in the conventional products and accessories thread, glad to see I'm not the only one who is confused by the wealth of information and new products (at least, new to me). I was also told a large would be best, now I'm trying to figure out what version of the ficcare I should get.