PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Flystrip in my hair!

lippleyluv
December 26th, 2010, 12:39 PM
So, yesterday about an hour before we were to leave to go to the in-laws house for Christmas dinner, I went out to the wood shed to get some wood. Dropped a piece of wood, reached over a crate to pick it up and I brushed against a flystrip with my hair. Somehow I dislodged the flystrip from the nail it was hanging on and it fell down over my hair!!!!!!!!!! AAAHHHH!!!!!!!:blueeek:

Ran into the house and pulled it out. Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck!!! What now!!??? We have to leave in an hour! OMG!!!

I thought about the fact that you can get sticky labels off with oil, but I didnt have time to oil it and then re-wash it. I was also afraid that if I put it into an updo that it would be hopelessly glued togeather when I took it down.

So I sorted out the sticky hairs, coated them with conditioner, wrapped them in toilet paper and let them sit for 30 minutes.

I pinned up the clean, dry hair bent over the tub and rinsed the sticky areas. Then I coated them with leave-in and old silicone serum. It looked wierd but wasn't too sticky.

I wound up doing a half-up rather than the fancy new up-do I had planned on but at least my hair wasn't ruined!!!!! I was still worried about left over sticky goop.

Wow, talk about silly hair drama! My hubby could only hysterically laugh until tears streamed down his cheeks.:rollin: No. Help. At. ALL. chuckle.

shockinglength
December 26th, 2010, 01:34 PM
O.o Oh My!!!!

Speckla
December 26th, 2010, 01:58 PM
What a tangled web we weave.... :)

eezepeeze
December 26th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Ewww!!! Fly carcasses stuck in your hair!! You poor thing!!

littlenvy
December 26th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Ewww!!! Fly carcasses stuck in your hair!! You poor thing!!
OH NO!! The image!! :eek:

Poor you! Glad you were able to think fast.
And I get the same from my DH every time I run into problems with my hair.

lippleyluv
December 26th, 2010, 02:52 PM
luckily it was basically clean because it's only been there for a week or two and it has been COLD here (thank goodness!):o

myria
December 26th, 2010, 03:29 PM
:agape:Poor you! I would be so freaked out!

Balenciaga
December 26th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Oh dear! Next time try some acetone like nail polish remover. It's remarkably good at de-sticking sticky stuff. Might take you a good 15 minutes of soaking though.

lippleyluv
December 26th, 2010, 03:50 PM
That is actually the first thing I thought of but I figured it would fry my hair. My hair is bleached so it might have cooked it with my luck! Lol.

ButterflyKissx
December 26th, 2010, 06:55 PM
My two and half year old got flypaper in her hair last summer. I caked full fat mayo in her hair and washed it out with conditioner. I was so afraid that it wouldn't work but it did. :)

nytquill
December 26th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Rubbing alcohol is supposed to be good at getting sticky gunk off...dunno what it would do to hair though :confused: