PDA

View Full Version : Any long hair friendly hairstylists in Los Angeles, CA? (And a little update)

Mrs_Zombie
December 26th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Hi all,

I've been away for a loooong time, busy with the happenings of life as it were, but I have recently made a move to Los Angeles, CA and my now waist length hair :cheese:, is in dire need of a trim. So, I thought to myself "Who better to ask than all the lovely members of LHC?". I have been following along with posts from afar. A little update, Optimus Prime, AKA Prime, is still trying to rule the world, except now he has Oni to contend with. I'm going to be attending some courses in February and we'll see how that turns out. Aside from that, as I said my hair is now waist length, last time I was actively posting here, it wasn't even BSL, I'm pretty sure it was barely APL. And, that's pretty much it.

Please, please, PLEASE, if you know of a good, long hair friendly, isn't going to cost me the price of a new car, hairstylist/dresser in Los Angeles, let me know :).

Thank you all and I can honestly say, I missed being here!! :grouphug:

tigr
December 26th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Congratulations on your growth, and good luck with your trim!

Madora
December 26th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Jessie Funk (a proponent of the George Michael method of hair care), is associated with:

Maxine Lyon Hair Salon
9865 Santa Monica Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA

While I've never had a treatment at this address, I did have a treatment when she was in Westwood, back in the 70s.

The George Michael treatment for hair is the ultimate in hair pampering. Expensive..but oh, so worth it!

Mrs_Zombie
December 27th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Jessie Funk (a proponent of the George Michael method of hair care), is associated with:

Maxine Lyon Hair Salon
9865 Santa Monica Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA

While I've never had a treatment at this address, I did have a treatment when she was in Westwood, back in the 70s.

The George Michael treatment for hair is the ultimate in hair pampering. Expensive..but oh, so worth it!
Thank you Madora :),

I will definitely keep them in mind on my hunt for a trim :D ::cheese::

CherrySilver
December 27th, 2010, 02:52 PM

Maxine Lyon Hair Salon
9865 Santa Monica Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA

Don't you mean Jessie Martinez (formerly of the NYC GM salon)? I've known her, too, since the 70's and didn't know that she may be going by a different name these days...