PDA

View Full Version : What hair things were you given for Christmas?

sparkle'n'bling
December 25th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I got a gorgeous green 'jewelled' hairclip which looks stunning in my hair. Also (in a bag of makeup) a small bottle of nail polish, with which I will paint a hairstick. :cheese:

What did you get?

Druid of Alba
December 25th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Nothing :(
Lol nobody knows what to give me, so everyone just gave me money, so I'll buy some organic shampoo and conditioner.

RedStripe
December 25th, 2010, 05:07 PM
I got a shampoo bar. It's from a company I haven't heard of, called Basin. Looks like they sell different kinds of bath things and skin care products; I couldn't get a fix on what kind of ingredients they use, though. Anybody have any experience with them?
http://www.basin.com/default.php

pepperminttea
December 25th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Two pairs of ketylos - I ordered them back during the sale, and my parents paid and hid them while I obligingly "forgot" about them. :p But I did also get some lovely turquoise earrings from my eldest brother which were a lovely surprise, and for me an updo isn't complete without earrings. :)

Kaeita
December 25th, 2010, 05:55 PM
My sweet 6yo son gave me a purple octopus claw clip, because he knows I love purple, and he's seen me clip my hair up recently. It's too big for my hair at its current length, but I'm hoping I'll be able to wear it in a few months.

maus
December 25th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I got a Mason Pearson hair brush from DH - whohoooo! It's awesome, I love it!

Karala
December 25th, 2010, 06:10 PM
A gorgeous wooden hair stick hand-made by my boyfriend! I'll have to take pictures and share :]

Wanderer09
December 25th, 2010, 06:12 PM
My sister got me a great detangling comb :)

myria
December 25th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Kinda like money but dbf says if I get two pairs of hairsticks he'll pay for them. Ooh, my first pair of customs! :D

nellreno
December 25th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Actually, I got conditioner lol. My dad made a basket of shower and body stuff for me and got all the kind of organic stuff I can use. The conditioner is Hugo Naturals Red Tea & Ylang Ylang for dry hair. I've never heard of the brand before, but I'm eager to try it. It has a very spicy scent, there's chicory in it.

Vani1902
December 25th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Nothing :(
Lol nobody knows what to give me, so everyone just gave me money, so I'll buy some organic shampoo and conditioner.
Lol, I got money too. So I will do the same.

Rennire
December 25th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I got three jumbo packages of hair ties with the metal bits. Yikes! What will I do with them all? I also got a box of those bump it things and a bottle of defrizz conditioner. =P I give them lots of points for trying!

Browniegirl
December 25th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Some bobby pins....barrettes , and some pretty pins just for buns.Thank's Mum!:D

allurose
December 25th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I got three lovely hairsticks from my GF. They're handmade and so pretty!

kattygf
December 25th, 2010, 07:57 PM
I got a bike!

PrincessBob
December 25th, 2010, 08:06 PM
From the gift swap you can see: I got a XL Flexi-8 in emerald green and a pair of oaken hair sticks. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1373050#post1373050)

I also got a pewter leaf on a necklace, which happens to fit rather nicely on a goody spin pin for a four inch accent piece to stick into my hair. I will amend this with a picture later.

MClass
December 25th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I BOUGHT a caruso hair roller set :) for someone

Smile4Kiki
December 25th, 2010, 08:51 PM
my DBF got me the caruso hair roller set!! I'm so excited to use it!!

Becky Safari
December 25th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I got two wooden hair forks, one with a gecko carved on top and the other with a swooshy swirly carved on top. Both are 2 prong. I also received a hairstick with a beautiful purple orchid flower (artificial) on top, and I then got a pair of hair (chop) sticks

Quixotica
December 25th, 2010, 09:08 PM
A gorgeous wooden hair stick hand-made by my boyfriend! I'll have to take pictures and share :]

Awww, how lovely :) Can't wait to see the pics!

UltraBella
December 26th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I got a bike!

Heehee, this cracked me up. I didn't get anything hair related either...........

Avvoltoio
December 26th, 2010, 12:31 PM
silicon oil

Tia2010
December 26th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I got a solano hairdryer from my boys. :) They told me "don't worry mom , it has a cool setting " :)

aberbeth
December 26th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I got some money that I will order a Morrocco Method extra large boar bristle brush.
Is Morrocco a good brand?

Speckla
December 26th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I got nearly 1" of growth this December. Does that count? :)

spidermom
December 26th, 2010, 03:53 PM
DH gave me a pair of very delicate-looking cocobolo hair sticks. I'm almost afraid to use them!

vanity_acefake
December 26th, 2010, 03:57 PM
My boyfriend gave me a hairdryer! But he's ok with me returning it and swapping it for something else.

OrangeStripe
December 26th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I got a Kent BBB from my mother, because she'd noticed the BBB I currently use, and thought I could do with a bigger one. :D So thoughtful.

adiapalic
December 26th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I was given some jojoba oil and a detangling bakelite comb!

ETA:
I got some money that I will order a Morrocco Method extra large boar bristle brush.
Is Morrocco a good brand?

It's the exact kind I have, and it has survived for the past 3 or so years. I clean it as well--so it puts up with a lot. :)

Anywhere
December 26th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Pantene hair detangler and mousse, biolage conditioner x2, "Big sexy hair" Hairspray, and Paul Mitchell super skinny shampoo and serum. Kind of expensive hair stuff (to me but, to others probably not). I feel bad because my hair hates cones and all the things have cones in them I think. I kept the super skinny serum and the hairspray and mousse (for rare occasions), I gave my mom everything else. At least someone can use it.

ETA: I also got money, but my mom steals it and hides it in my savings account so I won't spend it, because she knows I hate going to the bank to withdraw money. Guess I won't be buying any hairtoys... :rolleyes:

Torrin Paige
December 26th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Well, Santa thought I had too many hair toys already, so he got me a garbage can (which I love!). However, I went ahead and favorited some shops over on Etsy. Once the holiday tide of stuff is over and everything is back to normal...I plan on getting a few pretty things for myself. :)

ladycaladium
December 26th, 2010, 06:58 PM
I got a cute head band and a flower clip.

IvySchex
December 26th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Well, I got my first Flexi-8! Yay!!!

I got a lovely barrette from my brother. It has a beautiful butterfly on it.

A rose ponytail hook: http://www.hairtwisters.com/hair-hook-rose--silver.html

And my friend got me my first set of hairsticks! Yay!

Have a great new year!

Ivy

IvySchex
December 26th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Here is what it looks like in someone's hair: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-29494747452761_2137_6687841

Ivy

Rin4Christ
December 26th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Nothing yet, but I suspect my sister is sending me some from overseas. she wasn't able to mail until after Christmas, so it will be a couple of weeks before I know for sure. She bought me some beautiful black hair sticks with dangling beads last year along with a couple of black clips with small jewels.

indiana
December 26th, 2010, 07:36 PM
What amazing gifts you all received. Sounds like people definitely know your tastes!

Shany
December 26th, 2010, 07:55 PM
My DBF filled a giant christmas sock with hairtoys, hairclips, hair elastics, comb (I recieved my detangling ''bone'' comb just before christmas though) , brushes (one to get dandruff out and one to stimulate dry scalp or something like that). Not really hair friendly but I think I can safely use them once my hair is tangle free.

lacefrost
December 26th, 2010, 08:03 PM
I got these floral hairpins: http://www.etsy.com/listing/59446069/set-of-6-bridal-ivory-small-petite-roses

and this butterly hair comb: http://www.etsy.com/listing/64782837/cocoon-butterfly-hair-comb

My boyfriend is perfect :)

shawty
December 26th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Dollhouse on DVD (from parents)
A pair of socks (family friend)
A scarf (cousin)
A hat (parents)
Speakers (brother)

I wanted the DVD and a Hufflepuff tie, nothing else. As always, I got stuff I didn't want and only some of what I wanted. Such is the problem with Chrsitmas.

Oh well. At least I got the DVD! *jiggity jig!* :D

shawty
December 26th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Oops, I just realized you asked about hair stuff specifically.
In answer to that: The only thing I want and don't already have is a hair fork, which will not be of use to me for at least another year. So I'm very happy in that department.

Now, if people could magically give me length for Christmas, that would be awesome!

prosperina
December 26th, 2010, 09:08 PM
With Christmas money I bought myself a lovely crystal mood lignum vitae hair fork. It will probably be a tad short for me, but that's what reinforcement is for!

Adiva
December 27th, 2010, 03:59 AM
I didn't get anything hair related myself, but, my daughter got a lovely set of butterfly clips from her trendy aunt... I've told her she better keep a close eye on them!

daaisychains
December 27th, 2010, 05:31 AM
I got a tangle teezer and the tangle teezer spray leave in conditioner, and the 10minute repair mask. Unfortunately the products are -coney which my hair disagrees with so.. i may just give them back to my mum!

Also, my brother has quite thick hair so he's been using the tangle teezer for his own hair so the tugs don't hurt and i've been sticking to my wooden wide tooth comb, oh my.

Cupofmilk
December 27th, 2010, 05:53 AM
My grandmother who is over 90 - bought me a tangle teezer - I simply couldn't believe it - what a wonderful gift - I hav eonly met her 3 times in my life and I couldn't believe how thoughtful that was of her. I don't have one and I am so pleased with it.

lupiae
December 27th, 2010, 06:50 AM
A microfibers towel to dry deeper my wife hair

Lilacs
December 27th, 2010, 02:17 PM
I received a celtic knot Flexi8, a carved wood hairstick, and a pearl and crystal pin!!! My mother is AWESOME! And I bought some shampoo with some money I got :D

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/FairyDustPrincess/Hair%20Pictures/Allthree.jpg

ooo
December 27th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I did not expect to get anything hairy for christmas, but I was wrong.
I got a fakecarre, two clip in roses and a set of bobby pins. Also a hair band, which I can't use. I get a head ache from it and it does not really fit my style. Still I'm happy :)

Snow White
December 27th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I didn't get anything hair related (I also got a bike :) ). However, before Christmas I placed an order on etsy for some sticks and a fork. Merry Christmas to me!

sibiryachka
December 27th, 2010, 07:01 PM
I didn't expect her to, but my sister gave me a beautiful carved peachwood comb - the combing kind, not the hairtoy kind. It's a little fine-toothed to be ideal for detangling, but oooh, it's sooooo smooth; I'm in love with the way it feels going through my hair!

ooo
December 28th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Oohh, let's not talk about the stuff I bought from christmas money and hairy gifts I got for myself :o

milagro
December 28th, 2010, 02:11 AM
You people are so lucky, I love all these pins! Looking forward to see pics of them in your hair :)

Why I never get hair things, I have to buy them myself :( Maybe I should drop a hint, and anyway the Orthodoxal Christmas is yet to come (it's Jan 7th) as well as New Year so there's a hope! :D

julliams
December 28th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Nothing - absolutely nothing!

dajanchen
December 28th, 2010, 03:26 AM
I got lots of hairtoys. A Nightblooming fork which I wore yesterday. Sorry for the frizz but I enjoyed the snow. :rolleyes: Twice.
http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx42/dajanchen/CIMG0010-1.jpg

And two sets of Nightblooming sticks. One copper rose stick with matching pins and emerald green draped sticks which I ´ll wear for this new years eve party. :D

milagro
December 28th, 2010, 03:53 AM
^ wow, that's some seriously stunning hair fork! I think it can be a handy defense weapon, too :D
Love your hair color, and what frizz are you talking of? :???:

dajanchen
December 28th, 2010, 04:04 AM
Thanks! :D It is a handy weapon. :D I meant the stand-away hair of my bun. I should start taking the pics before going out... I don´t like the messy look on me. :o

milagro
December 28th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Thanks! :D It is a handy weapon. :D I meant stand-away hair of my bun. I should start taking the pics before going out... I don´t like the messy look on me. :o
Those stray hair are noticeable to you only, you should've seen mine :sigh:

Purdy Bear
December 28th, 2010, 04:27 AM
I regularly get money from the men in the family, cause they never know what to buy me, so I got the following:

2 Pearl flower large hair grip/two prong forks
2 Ornimental two prong forks
200 small fabric hair bands
1 set of blue hair sticks with danglie crystals in deep blue

09robiha
December 28th, 2010, 05:26 AM
errmm...Curl Junkie Curling Creme, Hairveda Moist PRO conditoner, Darcys Bontanicals Punmpkin Seed Conditoner, Curl Junkie Repair Me! Protein Treatment and Curl Junkie Aloe Fix light gel.

Lol my family know me so well, I love hair products :)
I got two thick wooly headbands as well to keep my ears warm on the way to college and some new hair bands :)

Yeesha
December 28th, 2010, 05:42 AM
I got a really nice barrette from my DBF's mother and some (Weleda) calendula-oil (for skin, but I really want to try it for my hair^^) from my SIL. :)

I wanted that oil for AGES, I really don't know how SIL knew this, because I never told anyone and normally we live 600km apart. So I'm really happy with my gifts. *g*

ETA: Ah, I almost forgot: Got a beautiful hairstick from my best friend. ^^

Chamomile betty
December 28th, 2010, 06:50 AM
I got a gift certificate for Sally's Beauty Supply from Mom and Dad. I buy hair products and other beauty things there. It will be nice when I want to restock my stash or want to try a new product.

ChayahSaahene
December 28th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Heat protectant, leave-in conditioners, hot oil treatments, protein treatments, and a hair shine product. Did I mention I was my own Santa?

rosek
December 28th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Lotus Jewel Ficcare in Sapphire :D

(Well, I bought it, but my boyfriend gave it to me :p )

Prettychild
December 29th, 2010, 04:32 AM
I got some Priorin capsules (which are supposed to be good for hair loss). My poor hubby nearly fainted when he saw the price tag but nevertheless he showed up with a bottle for me. He thinks washing your hair with Fairy dishwashing liquid is more than enough, so for him to buy a hair supplement is a huge deal. :D

2peasinapod
December 29th, 2010, 06:50 AM
That's really sweet of him, Prettychild!

rosek, I did the same thing. I bought a really cute seahorse hairfork from the swap board, and my mom gave it to me. I also got a really pretty pair of pink nightblooming hairsticks from the holiday gift swap.

From the non LHC world, I got a knock-off bumpit. I'll try it out, but I'm definately not doing any of the teasing and backcombing!

RadiantNeedle
December 29th, 2010, 07:00 AM
I got some money, with which I bought some Avalon Organics shampoo and some Castor Oil. I hope to get some Jojoba Oil and maybe a comb and brush. I've been eyeing off a Quecraft comb for months.... Hmmm.

shrimp
December 29th, 2010, 09:24 AM
My parents suprised me with a 1904 hair fork from an antique jewellers. It was a huge suprise as my mum has always thought that spending anything more than about £2 on hair things is ridiculous. I think the fact that it was in a jewellers somehow legitimised it :lol:
They did good!

It isn't very practical in general but my cousin was married yesterday and it worked perfectly with my dress and shoes.

Picture!
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t282/shrimp_026/Picture469.jpg

Apologes for ginmormous picture - photobucket is being pants!

milagro
December 29th, 2010, 09:28 AM
What a beautiful present! So nice of your parents :)

RedStripe
December 29th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Oh my gawd, that is gorgeous!

Purdy Bear
December 29th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I agree with the other, its is totally gorgious. What a beautful thing, its definately a new family hairloom (excuse the pun)!

Prettychild
December 29th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Thank you! DH is a sweetie. I forgot to add I bought myself some Perma Plus shampoo to get rid of buildup from desalinated water from the Gulf.

firefly42
December 29th, 2010, 01:31 PM
i got money, which i used to buy myself a barreis comb, some other stuff from etsy, and stretchy headbands.

HannahDelicious
December 29th, 2010, 02:15 PM
No hair stuff. Probably for the best since most things bug me (sensitive). I did get money, so I will use that once I find hair stuff that I actually like.

dawnandxavier
December 29th, 2010, 04:46 PM
nadda, nothing hair related for me

enfys
December 29th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I didn't get anything, and in a way I'm glad. Anyone other than DH would have been unlikely to get something able to hold my hair up (he knows the engineering needed) or products that I would use. Everyone knows me too well to get involved with my hair! As for why DH didn't get me anything, we kept Christmas small because we bought a house and gave up work this year. Fancy sticks are too low down in my priority list!

Mírien
December 30th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Nothing hair related, but it is all right. :) I am the only longhair in the family and being outsiders to my hair-obsession they could hardly know what I wanted for my hair. No problem, I still have some spare money and will soon buy a hair fork to try some new updos. :cool:

maria_asa
December 30th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Santa was good to me as I was given one 60th Street fork, a pair of twisted copper sticks from DreamingDragonDesigns (http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.203146085.jpg) and there's also a stick from Chevelure that didn't arrive in time for Christmas but should be on it's way.

skaempfer
December 31st, 2010, 04:18 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6931&pictureid=91972
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6507&pictureid=91976
Look! My Girlies made me hairsticks! How cool is that? A cup of tea and a donut! :cheese:

(sorry about my rotten photography skills; doesn't really do them justice...)

Aredhel77
December 31st, 2010, 09:51 AM
[quote=skaempfer;1405993]

Look! My Girlies made me hairsticks! How cool is that? A cup of tea and a donut! :cheese:/quote]

They are really cute, skaempfer!!

I received some hairsticks from Emerald88 as part of the 2010 Giftswap (:cheese:) but otherwise didn't get any hair toys for Christmas - I did however get 3 tubs of conditioning treatments (by Naked Bodycare) and the Rainforest Moisture shampoo, conditioner and treatment set from the Body Shop. :)

schweedie
December 31st, 2010, 12:07 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/FairyDustPrincess/Hair%20Pictures/Allthree.jpg
Ooh, the phoenix hairstick! I've been dying to get that one! Looks gorgeous.

I got some lovely decorative - well, sort of miniature hairscrews with snowflakes and stars on them. Maybe half an inch long, just to pretty up a bun or plait. :D

pennyroyal
December 31st, 2010, 12:13 PM
DH got me henndigo which he also applied to my crazy-thick hair for me. :) Which makes him something of a saint. :p

Crackaleen
December 31st, 2010, 12:24 PM
I had lots of hair stuff on my Christmas list: a ficcare, flexi8s, various forks and sticks. I only got the Amish hair pins I asked for. I've very pleased with them though, they're so comfortable and they hold like super glue.

GrowingGlory
December 31st, 2010, 02:10 PM
Well, let's see...this year, I received:
1) a Mason Pearson Large Extra BBB
I am completely satisfied with this hair brush. It performs exactly as expected. It is wonderful to be able to brush out my hair and have well moisturized, but not limp, ends instead of dry, crispy ones. My scalp feels great and my hair has much more volume. It is now easy to stretch shampoos for a week without even trying. Will save wear and tear on my hair, stimulate healthy growth, keep my follicles clear of debris, eliminate the appearance of dandruff, keep my hair shiny and smooth, and save me a small fortune on conditioner, hair salve, hair oil, and trims to remove damaged ends. A worthy, though considerable, investment.
2) a bottle of Morrocco Agave Mist Styling Spray
I haven't tried this yet because I want to evaluate the effects of my new BBB independent of other factors, but am looking forward to trying it.
3) a package of Scunci Hair Safe Panty Hose type Pony Tail Holders (not their real name, of course)
They seem soft and elastic enough, but not snappy or likely to lose their zing.
4) a pot of Night Blooming's Winter Panacea
Love this. It smells divine: like snow in the woodlands. It's a mild scent that doesn't overpower the nose or linger in an unpleasant way. It absorbs into the ends of my hair and leaves them well moisturized and soft but matte in texture and not at all oily.
5) a bottle of Night Blooming's Triple Moon Annointing Oil
Also love this. It smells refreshing and deodorizes my hair well. It encourages healthy hair growth without exhausting the follicles. My hair is left shiny, soft and smooth. It also encourages spiral curls and, surprise...volume. Makes a great preshampoo, leave in, or overnight DT.
6) a The North Face Flash Beanie
It's so nice for my head and hair to be protected from the elements and kept extra warm. I like being able to bun my hair and cover it with a hat for quick trips here or there. It serves as a thermal cap and I find that the sebum has all but disappeared by the time that I arrive at my destination, and my bun waves tumble down attractively, giving my hair some volume and root lift as well. It's win-win-win.
7) Goody Spin Pins and a Goody Modern Updo Pin
Okay, so I bought them for myself a few weeks before the holiday. But they're a gift to myself, right? They do hold my hair effortlessly and, most importantly, painlessly. I've been actually bunning before putting a hood or hat on and that's progress in the protective updo department. Since I've made a No Trims in 2011 promise to myself, I"m going to see how much difference wearing protective styles makes by assessing the health of my ends periodically. These tools are a great foundation for a simple collection.

AspenSong
December 31st, 2010, 02:15 PM
I got just a couple things from my MIL - that it grieves me to say I probably can't/won't use (but she tried!!!) - she got me a package of hair elastics that have the metal on them connecting the ends. Which have always ripped my hair apart sadly - I might see if I can get some silk though and fashion a wrapping for them and make them more "scrunchii" like.
And I got a very pretty hair clip with a Butterfly on it. That again, with my fine hair seems to get so wrapped up and broken in those metal clips....So I'm thinking of trying to use it by putting a small section of cut up nylons over the hair and clipping the metal part over that so it's not ON my hair. Anywho - that was the extent of my hair stuff!

aimison
December 31st, 2010, 02:46 PM
My parents gave me 4 enamel topped metal hairsticks that are really pretty -- they're a little thin for daily use but I'll add them as decorations to styles supported not totally by the sticks =)

Kelli Kat
December 31st, 2010, 03:00 PM
I got a porcelain barrette

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/mynails/Picture539.jpg

bellawave
December 31st, 2010, 03:07 PM
The only hair-related gift I got was a sample bottle of Kiehl's Amino Acid shampoo, but I've since tried it and OMG I love it. Pity it's so expensive; for that reason I'm unlikely to buy more once the sample bottle is gone. But I might put it on my wish list for future gifts. ;)

PeaceLoveHair
December 31st, 2010, 08:37 PM
A new camera ( was much needed, yay!!)
Three Felxi 8s ( very first ones)
A really neat makeup bag
$$$

patienceneeded
December 31st, 2010, 08:42 PM
DH let me order some new stuff off of Etsy. I got some new hair sticks, 2 decorative hair combs, one hair fork, and a couple halfcap headbands. I like the halfcap headband for when my hair seems greasy, or if I stretch my wash 3 or more days.

christine1989
December 31st, 2010, 08:48 PM
No hair ornaments this Christmas but I ordered a new purple ficcare for my birthday in a few weeks :).

Juneii
December 31st, 2010, 09:23 PM
I gifted myself a second pair of goody spin pins <3 my hair is getting thicker and slipperier so just two spin pins are not enough :) and a roll of satin ribbon for pretty hair bows

Darkhorse1
January 1st, 2011, 01:12 PM
Lilac--I'm in love with the metal silver/pearl fork--where'd you get that from? And the one someone got from their parents from a jewelry store--just gorgeous.

Let's face it, all hair stuff is awesome :)

EtherealOde
January 1st, 2011, 03:48 PM
I don't have them yet, but I did order a pair of custom hairsticks from Nightblooming's etsy shop.

lundmir
January 1st, 2011, 04:13 PM
Nothing was specifically given to me, but I did buy some stuff. A boar bristle brush, a bottle of my favorite shampoo, a couple of ponytail clips, scrunchis, and conditioner I can't get back home.

I wish I had found hairsticks or other hairtoys, but no such luck :C

Artenystea
January 1st, 2011, 07:13 PM
DBF got me two acrylic ketylos, and his parents got me a set of MairzyDozy copper sticks and a fantastic grey knit beret (which, sadly, I may be allergic to.) They were such great gifts - I don't have many hairtoys, so they were all greatly appreciated. :D

Rin4Christ
January 12th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Nothing yet, but I suspect my sister is sending me some from overseas. she wasn't able to mail until after Christmas, so it will be a couple of weeks before I know for sure. She bought me some beautiful black hair sticks with dangling beads last year along with a couple of black clips with small jewels.

Finally got the package from my sister (turns out its been sitting at the post office, but we missed/didn't get the notice).

I got 2 pretty hair sticks from my sister, My guess is that she bought them during her trip to China, but she might have also gotten them in Korea.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4/Rin4Christ/0112112058-00.jpg

BlueMuse
January 13th, 2011, 01:38 AM
My husband got me two handmade glass beads for hair stick toppers (he knows I like making my own) and I used some of my Christmas money to buy a pair of sticks from rparish woodworks on etsy and also some stone flower beads for yet more self made stickness.

lundmir
January 13th, 2011, 02:07 AM
A little belated, but my boyfriend gave me a couple of hairsticks when we finally saw each other a few days ago. He's awesome.