PDA

View Full Version : Goal Modification

see_turtle
December 25th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I've changed my goal length! I blame all the exposure tp awesome long hair on here.
I was originally aiming for waist (31"on me) the I started thinking maybe hip (34") now as of the last few days I've decided tailbone might be nice (38") So that's my current goal. I am at 26" currently (which is about an inch from bottom of BSL) so I have a ways to go. I long to be able to do all the awesome buns I see on here and to feel like my hair is long when it's braided. I want to be one of those people with LONG hair ...Anyone else recently change their goal?

pepperminttea
December 25th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Definitely. My original goal when I came to LHC was tailbone (40" on me), and then it became classic (47") shortly after, and now I'm thinking fingertip would be nice, or perhaps even knee... It's the LHC effect! :D

Avvoltoio
December 25th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I m always happy when i hear that type of modifications :)
When i started to grow my hair, i not thinked to get longer hair than waist, but now i would not stop until i reach at least knee :)

ScarlettAdelle
December 25th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Originally my goal was tailbone... Then it changed to tailbone and virgin... then it changed to classic and virgin... then it changed to fingertip and virgin, where it still sits. I can only imagine what my goal will be like when I finally reach virgin and fingertip length...

SheaLynne
December 25th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Until LHC, I honestly had never considered 'really long' hair for myself. I never knew how to have healthy, natural hair that would look good at anything really long...enter LHC!!!!

Now I know that really long hair that is happy and healthy and cared for *without* all the things "they" make you think you need to do to your hair is BEAUTIFUL and exactly what I want!!

I came to LHC with no real goal length, and I was not quite waist length. After seeing pics here, I immediately knew I wanted tb length, and then it became classic, and now I know that knee length would not be unreasonable for me. I haven't begun to think of anything beyond that, but it may depend on if my ends look good to those extreme lengths.

Definitely a result of seeing beautiful, healthy long hair! Thanks to all you longhairs!!!

Bene
December 25th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I've changed my goal length a few times. As my hair grew, the final goal at the time just didn't seem long enough anymore. I'm just about hitting my initial goal, within the month I should be there, and I look back and think, wow that's NOTHING :laugh:

naereid
December 25th, 2010, 02:10 PM
When I came here I wanted waist, then I jumped to tailbone, but in the end (well, it's never "the end") I decided on hip. :p So I modified my goals in both directions!

Fairlight63
December 25th, 2010, 02:23 PM
When I first came here I was thinking that I would maintain at BSL but the longer that it gets it just doesn't feel very long. I am at waist now & it still doesn't feel that long to me. Then I see others with hair at hip & longer & how good it looks, so I don't know.

kattygf
December 25th, 2010, 02:27 PM
i only wanted bsl, but i am craving waist!

triumphator!
December 25th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Haha I did this too. I originally wanted waist length too, but changed mine to hip as well. I think hip would provide a nice frame for my butt ;)

LissaJane
December 25th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Mine was inbetween waist and tailbone, now it's tailbone... if I manage to reach tailbone (The thought of terminal length prevents me from saying 'when', oh I hope I never manage to discover my terminal length!) I'll probably go for classic :)

DARKMARTIAN
December 25th, 2010, 03:07 PM
At this point, every consecutive inch is my goal.....which obviously means that I perpetuate and extend that goal with every consecutive inch...:p

Becky Safari
December 25th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Before I joined my goal was waist length, however now that has changed to tailbone length. I'm sure it will change again, it never seems long enough...

DuckyDot
December 25th, 2010, 04:27 PM
BSL to MBL to Waist. I want hip but i'm waiting for waist before changing my goal thing over there <------ in the sidebar!

SpinDance
December 25th, 2010, 04:43 PM
When I got here I had been "maintaining" around waist/hip for a number of years. I decided to set a goal of healthy hair with a thicker hemline, since I always had thinned out around BSL and by the time it was past hip it was just very thin. I've since changed to a goal of hip to BCL and now I'm hoping to get to TB at some point, if I can keep a good hemline. I even have hope of reaching classic, if things continue to go well.

Roscata
December 25th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Yep, I keep changing my goal length. At first it was waist, then it became tail-bone length and then classic. Now I'm back to TBL as a solid goal, but the other day I read through the beyond knee thread now I'm considering ankle length. Ah! LHC has has quite an effect on my goal length. I'm still not sure where I will stop. :confused:

castano
December 25th, 2010, 05:08 PM
I guess the best thing to do is not to have a goal length but just to let hair grow as healthy as possible. And the longest possible of course!

deko
December 25th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I think I could maintain hip or tailbone lenght, and I would love to grow my hair virgin at some pont. But not yet :) I do love my hennared and I have mild layers at midback so I still have long way to grow. I plan to grow to waist, then maintain and get rid of the layers and then try to grow at least hip lenght. If I reach hip I will consider growing my hair virgin. Then I will either maintain hip or try terminal.

liagibba
December 25th, 2010, 05:22 PM
My original goal was waist length, but now I want to grow it to the small of my back, right above tailbone, I think. :)

Avital88
December 25th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Yes! I went from hip to tailbone as my goal and might go classic if i like my lenght:) Now i'm an inch shy of hip..

PrincessTieflin
December 25th, 2010, 07:41 PM
I was the same, when I started I wanted waist that seemed still short, then hip,still kinda meh.. now I teeter between fingertip and terminal... I still think terminal, just because it would be awesome to see how long may hair can grow :)

Angeletti
December 25th, 2010, 08:35 PM
If I can get my ends to thicken up after maintaining for a while then I will be going for mid-thigh even though classic was my original goal. The tip of my V is classic at the moment and I've decided it's just not long enough : )

patienceneeded
December 25th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I originally set my goal at waist, but after spending more and more time here and seeing so many people with such long beautiful hair, I think I'll be extending my goal length! I may just see what my terminal point is...I've never had hair longer than BSL, so BSL is my first goal and then we'll proceed from there!

Arctic_Mama
December 26th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Oh yes, my goal creeped downward as well. I went from hip or tailbone as a basic visual preference to thigh or knee. I'd never seen hair that long in real life, especially healthy hair, so I didn't know I preferred that length and look.

rosek
December 26th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Yeah I've changed mine too! I like to keep them conservative though, so I added an extra six inches, which will take me to fingertip. Hopefully in around 8 months!

Juneii
December 26th, 2010, 02:08 AM
before LHC I was at around APL wanted BSL, I looked around for long hair inspiration and changed to waist length. I then saw some beautiful hip/tailbone length pictures. I joined LHC and was set on tailbone for quite a while until I surpassed midback length. Then I got inspired by others here on LHC to get to classic. Now that I am trimming my layers away around tailbone length (my initial LHC goal) I am starting to want knee length. We shall see, I am not sure how flattering lengths past thigh will look on my body shape :)

Xan
December 26th, 2010, 07:11 AM
My original goal was waist but it went from knee to ankle.

GeeLove
December 26th, 2010, 10:33 AM
I guess the best thing to do is not to have a goal length but just to let hair grow as healthy as possible. And the longest possible of course!

that's where i am now. i had an original goal of waist length and now i just wanna let it keep growing healthy and strong til it reaches terminal length, wherever that is.

Hiriel
December 26th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I went very rapidly from waist to hip to tailbone as my goal, my hair is about an inch or so past hip now, and doesn't feel long at all.
I think I've given up on a real goal, I'm just growing until I decide I've had enough. I use the next landmark as a temporary goal. The number of inches in my goal under my avatar here might just as well have been chosen by a RNG now :p

RocketDog
December 26th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I never set a goal length for myself when I first started growing out my hair, and I still don't have one. I'm just growing until I tire of it... or more specifically, until I tire of the daily rituals surrounding caring for a headful of long, uncooperative hair :P

RitaPG
December 26th, 2010, 05:14 PM
My original goal was hip, but now I want to to be able to sit on my hair.
LHC does that to you :p

Pifkin
December 26th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I was originally going for waist, but recently decided to change it to hip. I don't want a blunt hemline anymore either. I want layers and v-hemline.

LaurelSpring
December 26th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I started out wanting to at least get to waist, now Im almost tb and all I can think about is making classic. Its weird how it doesnt seem as long as you think it will feel once you have it.

owlathena
December 26th, 2010, 10:09 PM
My goal is to have "long" hair. I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I know I havn't reached it yet.

McFearless
December 26th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Lol it always happens. You keep extending your goal out of curiosity. We all want to know how far we can push it, how long we can grow our hair until it drives us nuts.

Cirafly24
December 26th, 2010, 11:25 PM
My original goal was 42", which will be solid TBL. I have since extended my goal to 47", which will be classic on me. I should reach my goal within a year and a half...so, by June 2012. I will reach my 42" goal within 8 months...so, by August 2011

christine1989
December 27th, 2010, 12:10 AM
My goal is still waist but after seeing all of the amazing long hair on LHC I'm thinking I may want to go to hip or longer. I don't have a concrete "goal length" yet though. I plan to just keep growing and evaluate how my hair looks every step of the way. If it starts to look ratty or thin then I will call it quits.

AnnaMarie
December 27th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Yip I sure have. When I first started here I think my length was about 28'', I wanted to grow to waist. Once I got to waist it didn't feel long enough so I kept growing, I'm now at tailbone and really can't go any further due to my curves, but still have to plans to cut soon...:rolleyes:

Henrietta
December 27th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Yes, but I went up instead of down at one moment. First I wanted waist, then TBL, then knee and I moved my goal up to classic because I think that handling hair longer than my hands would be difficult. But we'll see. There is a chance that I will end up with hair longer than me:D

Lianna
December 27th, 2010, 02:06 AM
My first was hip, now is tailbone, but I always wonder around TB and classic. My hair is wavy so when I reach TB will probably be classic straight.