PDA

View Full Version : Need interview hairstyle

Yedda
December 25th, 2010, 12:40 AM
I have a job interview and want to show up with a professional updo. I currently usually wear my hair down and ponytails, so I need something fairly quick and easy.

I have 1A hair, pretty thin, armpit length. I have ficcares I can use to secure (size large.)

TIA!:)

myria
December 25th, 2010, 03:19 AM
I'd recommend a braided bun or a figure 8 bun if you have hair long enough. Both look neat and polished. :)

Melisande
December 25th, 2010, 04:52 AM
I always think the French twist is the most polished, understated and beautiful updo there is. It makes every woman look more beautiful, I feel, more competent and more elegant.

luxepiggy
December 25th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Another vote for the French twist - secure with spin pins for a really polished look!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6020&pictureid=84532

You won't need the little wraparound bit - I just needed to do something with the extra hair that didn't fit in the twist, but yours should be a great length for the traditional style (^(oo)^)

TiaKitty
December 25th, 2010, 04:56 AM
I agree with the French twist!

Yedda
December 25th, 2010, 11:24 AM

Yedda
December 25th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Another vote for the French twist - secure with spin pins for a really polished look!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6020&pictureid=84532

You won't need the little wraparound bit - I just needed to do something with the extra hair that didn't fit in the twist, but yours should be a great length for the traditional style (^(oo)^)

Thanks for including the pic. I really like it.:)

TrudieCat
December 25th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I second the vote for spin pins! It's worth it to use more than you might otherwise use to keep the updo from falling at all. I wouldn't use a visible hair toy, even a ficcare, for an interview. You don't want to focus to be on anything novel that you're wearing - you want the focus to be on how professional and fabulous an employee you would be!

I am French twist stupid, so I wore a regular cinnabun held with spin pins at the nape of my neck, pulled back from a side part at my forehead to my last interview. I felt very polished. But I think French twist is an excellent suggestion if you are good at those. :)

heidi w.
December 25th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Whatever you decide, practice your updo before the day of dressing for the interview because whatever can go wrong will go wrong, especially when you're under pressure.

I would not wear a ficcare or other hair ornament to an interview, even if it's holding the hair in place. Certainly no plastic claw clip. Don't create any focus on the hair whatsoever.

I would pin the hair up, with tucked in and hidden hair pins. In my universe, job interviews require dressing very conservatively and little provocation for them to wonder overly.

Do everything possible to create the focus on your skills, your ability to move in a kind of corporate social circle, and that you get along with everyone.

Job interviewing is harder than ever now. More often than not it's being conducted by younger people and when faced with people outside their social understanding, they have a tendency to judge a bit harshly and unfairly. I definitely notice this problem in my job hunt. These young people are interviewing and asking questions, frequently, that are irrelevant to the job, and using information culled say, by appearance as points of judgment.

heidi w.