PDA

View Full Version : Update - Haven't posted in a while

Aelith
June 5th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Hi, everyone!

I haven't posted in a while because, well, I didn't have anything to post. I've been plodding along trying to grow healthy hair - and having a lot of issues. But finally! Something to report!

I am on day 3 of no heat styling whatsoever. No hairdryer. No (!) flat iron! My hair was FRIED. The last straw came Monday when I went into the bathroom at work and the hair on the back of my head was sticking out in some weird straw/frizz/static formation. Tuesday, I pinned up my wet hair. Wednesday and today, same thing. It looks passable and I'm not damaging it anymore. So just wanted to say yay me!

Oh - I've been COing for a few weeks, but this is the added boost I think I needed. Plus months of pinning up hair = growth I didn't realize I had, right?

Curlsgirl
June 5th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Right! Before you know it you won't have any desire to use heat again. It takes some time to get totally used to it so hang in there! It was a very tough transition for me but then I was used to blowing it dry straight ALL the time like in my siggy and ironing it too (sometimes every DAY going over the length again and again :shudder: ) when I found LHC and quit that shortly after over 2 years ago.

Fillette
June 5th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Woohoo Aelith!

Congratulations on doing the right things for your hair. It will grow stronger and healthier.
You have all my support! Happy growing!

Lova
June 5th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I suppose I'm one of the few people that never uses a blowdryer and straightener, no matter what. And I never will because it seems like such a hassle!

I hope eveyrthing turns out okay with the hair.

Aelith
June 15th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Hmmm, noticed something very interesting.

When I was blow frying and/or straightening every day, I'd wake up with very greasy hair, which basically necessitated washing (or COing) every morning in order for it to look decent for work.

I've not blow fried in somewhere around 2 weeks. The last few days when I woke up, I thought a few times, wow, my hair seems dry (as in bad dry). Until this morning and I figured it out: my hair isn't OVERPRODUCING sebum now. It's not dry, it's normal. :cheese:

I even was able to go without COing at all today! Just put it up and it looks good. Wow. I'm having an epiphany today.

Poolsoflaughter
June 15th, 2008, 12:13 PM
That's really cool that you're taking steps in the right direction! Putting your hair up and COing are hairsavers. ;)

busnutmedic
June 15th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Alright :D It's always nice to find things that work for your hair. And stay away from that heat ;)

Bonnie

Carina
June 15th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Welcome back:grouphug:and good luck to you on your way to healthy long hair:thumbsup:

JessTheMess
June 15th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I had a hard time leaving the flat iron and blow dryer alone too. My hair is now starting to thank me for it....all thanks to TLHC