PDA

View Full Version : Progress Bars in Signature

girlthursday
December 24th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this. I've googled and searched LHC for the answer and can't find it.

How do you put a cute progress bar in your signature? The kind that moves from APL to BL and such and shows how close you are getting to your goal.

I've seen some people who just write it in and bold where they are, but I'd like one of the actual bars.

Any help please?

Druid of Alba
December 24th, 2010, 04:00 PM
They're from TickerFactory.com
I'm not sure how you design them, once you're on that site, though. I've tried, and I can't figure out what to do. So I'd like to know as well!

luxepiggy
December 24th, 2010, 04:47 PM
This is the page you need: http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=14

Pick your PIN (remember this as you'll need it to update the ticker).
In the objects/actions/stuff box, type something like Inches or Centimeters.
Fill in your current and goal lengths in the appropriate boxes, and a message, if you want (you don't have to put a message)
Once you've done all of that, click "Next"
Select a ticker bar (click on the hyperlinked numbers at the bottom to see more ticker bar designs) and click "Next" once you've selected the bar you want
Select a slider using the same process and click "Next" again
Your finished ticker should be displayed. Choose the size you want, copy everything in the bbcode box, and paste it into your siggy
To edit your ticker as your hair grows, just click on the ticker in your siggy; once you enter your PIN on the page that opens, you'll be able to edit the tickerPiggy Technical Support (^(oo)^)v

PrincessTieflin
December 24th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Hmm may have to add one to my siggy too :D

girlthursday
December 25th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Thank you so much, luxepiggy!!!

Quixotica
December 25th, 2010, 09:11 PM
This is the page you need: http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=14
Pick your PIN (remember this as you'll need it to update the ticker).
In the objects/actions/stuff box, type something like Inches or Centimeters.
Fill in your current and goal lengths in the appropriate boxes, and a message, if you want (you don't have to put a message)
Once you've done all of that, click "Next"
Select a ticker bar (click on the hyperlinked numbers at the bottom to see more ticker bar designs) and click "Next" once you've selected the bar you want
Select a slider using the same process and click "Next" again
Your finished ticker should be displayed. Choose the size you want, copy everything in the bbcode box, and paste it into your siggy
To edit your ticker as your hair grows, just click on the ticker in your siggy; once you enter your PIN on the page that opens, you'll be able to edit the tickerPiggy Technical Support (^(oo)^)v

Piggy, you're so handy :)

Tabitha
December 26th, 2010, 06:19 AM
You may find what Flaxen wrote in the Signature Help thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=728436&postcount=299) useful:

Since tickers are hosted at the ticker site, they don't work in signatures anymore. All signature images are now hosted on TLHC's server. You may put a ticker in your signature, but it won't count down automatically, and you'll have put up a new ticker every few days or pounds or whatever your ticker is counting. If you still want to do it, just replace the image you have now with the ticker by going to "Edit Signature."

Tickers will work as the main picture in your blog, however.