PDA

View Full Version : Box braid

WaitingSoLong
December 24th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Ok, I really really like the box braid but I cannot do it on my self. I get down to where I have to pull it forward because of the length and then I lose my fingering or cannot figureout how to reverse it for it being in front. :mad: I found a VERY awesome video for the best way I have ever seen to do the fingering http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQxtV7BAxtg but it is a girl braiding another gals hair. Any tips? Also, the hair strands get tangled with each other at the bottom and I end up with a knot. Is my hair just too long to do this on myself? :confused:

Madora
December 24th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Well, from experience, I can tell that keeping all the strands clean and untangled is a big plus when doing multi-strand braiding.

As for completing a four strand braid, could you just bend at the waist, hang your head down, and continue braiding the 4 strands in that position (as opposed to bringing the braid forward, over your shoulder)?

enfys
December 24th, 2010, 01:49 PM
It's the pulling over the shoulder part that gets me too! I just have to go much slower then, but it is possible.

With the tangling at the ends I just try and hold the strands with one hand (usually I can hold three and drop one easily) and untangle with the other.

It's not too long to do on ourselves, just almost too challenging :)

misstwist
December 24th, 2010, 04:25 PM
It's not too long to do on ourselves, just almost too challenging :)

Word. My life would be so much easier if I could convince husband to learn all those fancy braids.