PDA

View Full Version : Help with a bun cover that is still too big?

PrincessTieflin
December 24th, 2010, 11:25 AM
MIL made me some .. and I kinda feel like I should wear them to Christmas tonight (I think it offends her that I dont wear them....so want to make her happy :)) and well they are to big, I tried them on now and it looks lke a poof on my head :/

I am wondering, so you think I can put a sock bun underneath it and just have the ends poking out? I haven't mastered rolling the ends into the sock yet.

Could I possibly just pin it down to my head.. (not sure how that would look tho)

Help.. anyone?

PrincessTieflin
December 24th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Maybe I can use sticks to hold it on.. again not sure how that would look either I am so lost lol

Lianna
December 24th, 2010, 12:26 PM
You can tuck the ends inside the bun cover I think.

Another idea is to secure/tighten the cover with bobby pins around your regular bun.

PrincessTieflin
December 24th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Ok I am trying to post a pic from my album.. so if it don't work you can see them there!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/photo.php?albumid=6888&pictureid=91468

Anyways it still feels kinda loose:cheese: but I tied it tight and pinned it down :) Hoping it holds till tonight :D

jaine
December 24th, 2010, 01:50 PM
The link didn't work for me but I saw the picture in your album ... it looks like you figured it out!
That's nice of you to want to make your mother-in-law happy. My mom gave me some snowman socks and I might cut them up for sock buns ... haha!

ravenreed
December 24th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Does it have elastic along the first row? If not, you might get some of the really thin elastic used for beading and run it along there. It would pull it into the crease between your bun and your hair more. Then pin like mad to make it stay.

Deborah
December 24th, 2010, 03:40 PM
If the bun cover is fabric, it should have either an elastic or a drawstring around the perimeter. You just pin the bun up however you like to do it, then pop the covering over it, not using any pins on the outside.

Good luck! I hope it looks great.

vanity_acefake
December 24th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Oh your bum cover is gorgeous. And it looks great in your hair.

PrincessTieflin
December 24th, 2010, 04:06 PM
It does have a draw string I pulled it as tight as I could.. my hair is so thin :rolleyes:

what I did. was did a regular pinned cinna bun, and just bobby pined it a lot. Then I put the cover on and puled it as tight as I could.. it was still loose.. again thin hair.
Then i just pinned the coover to the bun.. still holding even with all the movin my head is doing today :)

Oh your bum cover is gorgeous. And it looks great in your hair.

Thanks... Im still getting used to the coppery henna :) But I am liking it more and more everyday!

Lianna
December 25th, 2010, 12:11 AM
I'm glad you figured it out, but that cover is really huge. o.O I think only really thick long hair would fill that out easily. My sock buns can turn out really big now and I still would have problems fitting in that.

PrincessTieflin
December 25th, 2010, 10:17 AM
She gave me a whole bunch f bun covers last night for christmas.. lol they are alot smaller.. she got it when I told her my hair is not that thick or that long ;)

Some of them are made out of .. what do you call it... embroidery thread? You know for needle point? and are smaller and really cute.. thanks all for your help yall are awesome!! :)

tigr
December 25th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Wonderful! She sounds really sweet.