PDA

View Full Version : Hair Toy Sadness

Kaya
December 24th, 2010, 10:42 AM
I swear, this place is so addictive! I don't know if I could last a day without popping in and checking out the latest threads! :gabigrin:

I ordered some new hair toys (which are addictive in themselves) and I was so excited to try out this lovely chignon cap. (France Luxe design) I went to fix my hair and realized my hair was too thick! :( I couldn't get the cap all the way down over my bun to say nothing of the hair stick that you weave though it to secure the whole style.
Now, I've known that my hair is thick, but I didn't think it was that thick. I'm both sad and happy. Sad that I spend the money to get this beautiful hair toy that I can't use in the way I wanted, and happy that my hair is truly thick and healthy.

I may decide to give it to my close friend who is growing her hair out, who doesn't have hair as thick as mine, or I may keep it and just use it with half-up and half-down styles. I don't know.

I guess certain hair toys and styles might have to be sacrificed as my hair gets longer. Well, I better go practice my braiding skills! ;)

luxepiggy
December 24th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Everyone wants what they don't have (^(oo)~) Enjoy your beautiful thick hair!

naushin83
December 24th, 2010, 11:10 AM
wow !!

wish my hair thickens lil bit:(

pepperminttea
December 24th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I feel your pain; my hair eats some toys, and mine's only an amateur compared to some round these parts. Some members' hair is strong and thick enough to give things like dymondwood a run for its money! :bigeyes:

If all else fails, there's always the Swap Board? :)

Madora
December 24th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Could you bun part of your hair and then use the hairtoy?

ravenreed
December 24th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I have had to pass along a few hairtoys to friends on the basis that my hair was either too thick or too long. In addition, there has been more than one frustrating hairstyle that I would LOVE to do but I am either too long, too short, too thick or too thin to pull it off. You might have to play around a bit to see what works. I recommend the Swap Board because you can get things a little cheaper there usually, and so if something doesn't work for you, it isn't such a ding to the pocketbook. Happy hunting!

heidi w.
December 24th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I swear, this place is so addictive! I don't know if I could last a day without popping in and checking out the latest threads! :gabigrin:

I ordered some new hair toys (which are addictive in themselves) and I was so excited to try out this lovely chignon cap. (France Luxe design) I went to fix my hair and realized my hair was too thick! :( I couldn't get the cap all the way down over my bun to say nothing of the hair stick that you weave though it to secure the whole style.
Now, I've known that my hair is thick, but I didn't think it was that thick. I'm both sad and happy. Sad that I spend the money to get this beautiful hair toy that I can't use in the way I wanted, and happy that my hair is truly thick and healthy.

I may decide to give it to my close friend who is growing her hair out, who doesn't have hair as thick as mine, or I may keep it and just use it with half-up and half-down styles. I don't know.

I guess certain hair toys and styles might have to be sacrificed as my hair gets longer. Well, I better go practice my braiding skills! ;)

Absolutely. At different lengths, what worked before, with more length may not work at the new length. Some ornaments will not work.

Um, one more thing, I think after you post 100 times you may then be able to see the swap board of hair related items, and if your friend doesn't want the stick, you might find a good trade there.

And if you want even Moooore temptation, hee hee, visit long hair loom -- another free long hair website, mostly women, also. They have a styling station as one of the boards there.

heidi w.