PDA

View Full Version : Grapefruit for Hair

Kivamaki
December 23rd, 2010, 10:11 PM
I'm wondering how well Grapefruit would work on hair. Sort of in the same style as in making your own natural hair spray with Lemons (Cut lemons, put water in pan and simmer), anyone know the effects of Grapefruit? I'm tempted to cut the Grapefruit up and simmer it and water and see the effects of it on hair. Maybe as a hair spray, or a conditioner.

Anyone know anything?

McFearless
December 23rd, 2010, 11:09 PM
I've never heard of using grapefruit but I don't see why it would be much different from using lemon in water as a rinse.

angelthadiva
December 23rd, 2010, 11:38 PM
I'm tempted to say the same, but be very careful and do some research first. Even lemon can be drying and also has bleaching effect.

Uni&Corn
December 24th, 2010, 12:08 AM
I've never heard of lemon hairsprays. What is it supposed to do for your hair?

angelthadiva
December 24th, 2010, 12:22 AM
I've never heard of lemon hairsprays. What is it supposed to do for your hair?

It is a little before your time, but a product called Sun-In was used to lighten hair "naturally" using among other things the juice of lemon. I had the same results by mixing lemon juice with water and peroxide. It lightened, but it is also very drying to the hair...Like straw. Well, I did a fast and dirty search and apparently the stuff is still sold in the U.S.

Uni&Corn
December 24th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Ahh. Thanks for explaining. Since I have dark brown (almost black) hair, it probably wouldn't work on me. I always wished I could lighten my hair naturally, though...