PDA

View Full Version : Does this Gorgeous Hairstyle have a name?

Áine
March 7th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I was just wondering about this particular up-do. It is very pretty, and I want to try it out on my own hair.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3739/bridehairstylecf8.jpg

Does anyone know if it's got a name already? If it doesn't have a well-know name, what would you call it?

Curlsgirl
March 7th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Oh that IS beautiful! I am anxious to know as well! It looks like some kind of flower! Gorgeous!

CaraLynn
March 7th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Gorgeous! I love it! Do you know how it's done?

florenonite
March 7th, 2008, 08:34 PM
ooh, pretty! I want to learn how to do it, too, though I have no idea as to how it's done :(

Poolsoflaughter
March 7th, 2008, 08:56 PM
It is a beautiful updo. It appears that it requires a fat curling iron, tons of hairspray, and bobby pins. I wish that I could help more with a name..

Delila
March 7th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I'd also say that there's some fake hair in the top of that updo, since it doesn't match the rest.

LaMusette
March 7th, 2008, 09:40 PM
I agree, Delilah. I think it is a French twist with a curled hairpiece attached, somewhat hidden by the attaching of the veil.

Isn't it beautiful!!

royalscorpio
March 7th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Oooh. I want to do that. We don't need any fake hair, we got plenty!!

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 10:44 PM
It appears to be a french twist with a cinnabun on top.

Kuchen
March 8th, 2008, 01:52 AM
It looks like a cottage loaf to me. Very pretty with it!

Kuchen
March 8th, 2008, 01:55 AM
I think it's fake hair too, but if I had an infinite amount of hair, I'd try:

French twist with ends left loose poking out the top. Push ends through a doughnut/sock that's on top of head, "cover" the doughnut and then leave enough hair in the middle of the doughnut to loop over. All ends tucked in under doughtnut.

CaraLynn
March 8th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Well, I obviously don't have that much hair!!! Maybe that'll be my goal hairstyle or something. :)

FrannyG
March 8th, 2008, 07:11 AM
That is a really beautiful style. I don't think it's necessarily a hairpiece, because I know that a lot of us have ends which differ in colour from the top of the head.

I would just love to know how that's done, so I can begin practising now for when my hair is long enough in 2 years or so. :)

Sherri
March 8th, 2008, 08:29 AM
It looks t me as though she might have parted the front and put it up into a pony tail. then divided the pony doing pin curls. rolling some forward and backward. I'm not sure but it is a very pretty style.

Áine
March 8th, 2008, 09:43 AM
I'd try:

French twist with ends left loose poking out the top. Push ends through a doughnut/sock that's on top of head, "cover" the doughnut and then leave enough hair in the middle of the doughnut to loop over. All ends tucked in under doughtnut.

Yes, that looks to be a very plausible method for acheiving this. I have a very poor hand with elaborate updos, but lemme just give it a shot. Thanks Kuchen!

Magdalene
March 8th, 2008, 11:31 AM
It looks like a french twist with the ends curled and pinned into a faux-bun.

Stagecoach
March 8th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Humm, it's a totaly gorgeous style, but I think anything past waist would be to long to do it.

From what I can tell, I'd guess that her hair was first put in a high pony tail, then sectioned by taking the middle part of the pony tail leaving an outer circle. The inner section was folded over and secured. The outer section was folded over, smoothed and pinned. I watched a hairstylest do something very similiar to this once, and she used the method I described.

alkaliberry
March 8th, 2008, 03:59 PM
It's beautiful, one for me to aspire to.

jel
March 9th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I have a very poor hand with elaborate updos, but lemme just give it a shot.

Please post a picture of your version, Aine!

Pegasus
March 21st, 2008, 11:01 PM
It looks like a cottage loaf to me. Very pretty with it!
What is a cottage loaf, Kuchen?

Kuchen
March 23rd, 2008, 03:50 AM
Here's a picture (http://www.robertprice.co.uk/recipes/images/cottage_loaf.jpg).

Red Jezebel
March 23rd, 2008, 04:14 AM
That is a really beautiful style. I don't think it's necessarily a hairpiece, because I know that a lot of us have ends which differ in colour from the top of the head.Agreed. My ends are a fair bit lighter than the top, and mine is all my natural colour.

As for the hairdo model in question the texture looks the same as the rest of her head, so I'd say it's her hair, although the size of the do suggests there may be something in there propping it up :D

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
It's pretty I don't know the name.