PDA

View Full Version : How you wearing your hair for Xmas??

emsahib
December 23rd, 2010, 10:39 AM
Don't if there's a smiliar post already.

How are you planning on wearing your hair this xmas? Do you usually go for the same style every xmas or for other special occasions. Any pics of the hairstyle your doing?

I'll most probably have it down as its at APL now but I'd like to try something more adventurous maybe with part of it up or braided somehow. Anyone got any ideas?

MandaMom2Three
December 23rd, 2010, 10:42 AM
I'm thinking of having it down, with braid waves, and two little twists at the temple tied at the back. We go to a fancy-pants restaurant for Christmas dinner otherwise I'd just wear my hair in a bun as usual :p

09robiha
December 23rd, 2010, 10:53 AM
Big and wild and curly and out there!!!!

Madora
December 23rd, 2010, 10:57 AM
It will be an English lace crown braid for me. I love the look!

sophiamarie
December 23rd, 2010, 11:09 AM
Planning on going extra curly, half-up with a few loose pieces pulled out. I will use hair spray to hold it. I can go all day & night with this style and hair spray to hold it!

emsahib
December 23rd, 2010, 11:12 AM
I'm thinking of having it down, with braid waves, and two little twists at the temple tied at the back. We go to a fancy-pants restaurant for Christmas dinner otherwise I'd just wear my hair in a bun as usual :p

oo Braid waves I should really try this. Although sometimes my hairs gets the odd unplanned few kinks in it from sleeping which is half there I guess. And the little twists at the temples is about one of the only hair styles I can do! lol its been working well as I've been growing out my fringe

pepperminttea
December 23rd, 2010, 11:28 AM
I was thinking twin French braids into a single braid, bunned, with some ribbon if I can find it. But I am getting a couple of pairs of hairsticks for Christmas, so I may leave my hair in its sleep braid until after the presents have been opened, and then experiment! :D

ETA: Family arrived early, hair was still in sleep braid. Ended up taking it down and putting it in a Spidermom bun without combing. It actually looked quite reasonable. :)

pelicano
December 23rd, 2010, 11:29 AM
With a santa hat upon my head! :D :cheese:

LadyG
December 23rd, 2010, 11:32 AM
On Christmas Eve, I'll have it up in a bun, but it will be down on the big day.

Ishje
December 23rd, 2010, 11:33 AM
I bougth a flexi8 that arrived last week and it fitted with my dress perfectly!
so I am doing a half up with a flexi :)

akuamoonmaui
December 23rd, 2010, 11:53 AM
I'm gonna be a bad girl and use a 2" inch curling iron....

emsahib
December 23rd, 2010, 11:57 AM
I'm gonna be a bad girl and use a 2" inch curling iron....

I used to have a useless curling iron that didn't make my hair curly at all but still damaged it. I'm sure its fine to be bad once in a while :)

Mirsha
December 23rd, 2010, 12:00 PM
Swooping Dutch lace braid till ear, coiled and pinned, accent with a cute mini hat after being curled with rags. :D

spidermom
December 23rd, 2010, 12:32 PM
I usually start out with it down, it gets in the way so I bun it, then it starts pulling so I take it down, then bun it, then take it down .............

In other words, same ol' same ol'.

I'm thinking about making 9 small braids, then french-braiding them together down my back (there's a picture in my tame the web album). But that depends on time. I'm also making Christmas dinner.

KatKeRo
December 23rd, 2010, 12:43 PM
I'm working so it has to be up. Probably a cinnamonbun with flowers or beads because it's going to be real cold and it looks like I'm going to have to go to work on foot. So my hair has to be under my hat and my Buff.

Becky Safari
December 23rd, 2010, 12:50 PM
Maybe an embellished sock bun, I think those look really nice. I also might do one of the Rapunzel braid depictions...

Kristin
December 23rd, 2010, 02:11 PM
I usually start out with it down, it gets in the way so I bun it, then it starts pulling so I take it down, then bun it, then take it down .............

In other words, same ol' same ol'.

Yep. Me, too. I may try to curl it with my Caruso rollers, but it will likely get in my way and be up by the early afternoon. Good thing I have lots of pretty hair sticks. ;)

Olyve
December 23rd, 2010, 02:53 PM
Curls via sponge rollers then half up half down...if hair cooperates!
If it doesn't since it's between APL & BSL - Just down...air dried. Nothing fancy lol

DuckyDot
December 23rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
Half Up. The 'Up' part in a Cinnamon Bun with tinsel pinned and wrapped around it like a ribbon! :)

lapushka
December 23rd, 2010, 04:02 PM
Updo or curling iron? :hmm: Not sure. We'll see how much my hair's willing to cooperate tomorrow. Usually updos miserably fail when they need to be juuust right. :?

Arctic_Mama
December 23rd, 2010, 04:07 PM
Probably a French braid for me, or I might teach myself a new bun.

BunnyBee
December 23rd, 2010, 04:09 PM
Probably in my new Ficcare which is under the christmas tree... hehehe

lajsa
December 23rd, 2010, 04:17 PM
Something braided and bunned, I'm hoping. I'll improvise, I suppose. I washed my hair just moments ago so it'll be clean and nice to handle when I start putting it up :D

jojo
December 23rd, 2010, 04:47 PM
A scrunchie bun for me, I am working all over Christmas so same old same old for me!

But new year and :magic: then where talking :disco::disco::disco::beerchug::beerchug: rose bun.........mmm bit of a dramatic build up.......it might not even work!:eyebrows:

Kaijah
December 23rd, 2010, 05:57 PM
I'm thinking the romantic Ficcare updo (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=187). Buuuut, I also think I'd like the look of a ribbon-tied braid (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=60), with some sort of holiday themed ribbon.

I guess it just depends on how I'm feeling Christmas morning!

fairy_ends_girl
December 23rd, 2010, 06:43 PM
lace braid updo for me :)

Pifkin
December 23rd, 2010, 07:15 PM
Probably just down, nothing fancy. I like how my hair looks down and I've been keeping it up a lot lately.

Tapioca
December 23rd, 2010, 07:32 PM
Mwahahaha!!! I found some necklaces at the grocery store that have flashing christmas lights. (Don't worry, they're LED's, so no heat.) I put my hair in a pinless braided bun, then wrapped the necklace aound it. Flashy hair! Then I had to get another one for Cricket. There will be pictures!

CaityBear
December 23rd, 2010, 08:40 PM
I try to do something with it down to show off the length since most of my family I only see once a year. I was talking to my mom about my hair and I said I was planning on wearing it up for Christmas but she told me I have to wear it down even if only for a short while since my one aunt and uncle haven't seen me since last Christmas so I was thinking of braiding the top half and letting the rest loose...but have a hair pin with me to put it into a bun while eating. We also have a 6-7 hour drive to get to Christmas so I want something comfy to wear as well.

Don't know what I'm doing for Christmas on my dad's side though...

Lilacs
December 23rd, 2010, 08:50 PM
I think I'm going to wear it down with rag curled ends on Christmas Eve (tomorrow!!!) but I'm still not sure what I'm doing for Christmas Day. I'm hoping to receive some sort of hair toy as a gift (:D) so I think I would try to wear it on Christmas Day. If all else fails I will have do some neat braided something :D.

eezepeeze
December 23rd, 2010, 09:30 PM
It will be an English lace crown braid for me. I love the look!

Please post pics!?! I love your updo's and would love to see this one :)

Braidy
December 24th, 2010, 01:14 AM
I love all these styles but my hair's too short to try any of it... :(

rosek
December 24th, 2010, 01:22 AM
I just washed it tonight, and its supposed to be unseasonably cold (for the summer!) so I'm considering wearing it down. Of course I will have a Ficcare in my bag to throw it up quickly :D

Avital88
December 24th, 2010, 01:43 AM
I will probably just brush it:) haha so i were it down

TiaKitty
December 24th, 2010, 01:43 AM
I just oiled it, bed braids, and I don't know where I'll go from there. I have so much to do that sometimes my hair has to take a backseat!!! Two little girlies and lots of family get-togethers.

Like Spidermom, it usually goes down, bunned, down, bunned, and then if I can sneak away, maybe a braid or two...

Druid of Alba
December 24th, 2010, 01:54 AM
I'm going to part my hair on the right, which is where I part it when I wear a part, (sometimes I just kind of push it back and let it fall however, so it's not really parted) and use a flat iron (I'm sorry) to add some very loose, natural curls (yes, you can curl with a flat iron). Yeah! I'm excited! My hair's starting to look and feel longish again, it makes me feel great :)

Amelia
December 24th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I was wondering what to do with 'ze monster'.
I've already tried to make a bun from the Article section (thanks to Spidermom!) but my hair is having none of it... as usual. I'm rather frustrated. I finally have the length, but my iii hair is rebelling against me..again.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I guess I'm going to go with a Dutch braid and them bun it around a nice fork.

Carolyn
December 24th, 2010, 12:10 PM
I'll probably have it up in a bun. I might go with a red Ficcare for my hair toy of the day. Christmas here will be very laid back and casual. It will be breakfast at Waffle House and then the rest of the day with family. I'll be cooking so I'll want my hair up and out of the way.

Anywhere
December 24th, 2010, 12:47 PM
My hair is going to be au de natural and curly tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to wrap up the curls and pin them to my head to make some sort of curly type bun that will hopefully be larger than my typical puny turd buns.

LoversLullaby
December 24th, 2010, 12:57 PM
My hair today is in a half up with a flower bun and tomorrow, who knows!

WaitingSoLong
December 24th, 2010, 01:28 PM
I would love to do a fancy up-do but I have never been able to do one that looks right, it is always uneven. I am trying to learn a box braid, thought it would be cool to work some ribbon in but I cannot pull the braid over my shoulder and continue it. I cannot get the fingering right.

I like the idea of double french's bunned and decorated but my double french's are always crooked. Grr.

Maybe I will do high douhle cinnabons (like micky mouse ears). I am NOT wearing it down.

My hair looks best with little work, but it IS fun to play. I really planned just to do an American braid.

I don't have any hair ornaments at all. <<<eyes ornaments hanging on tree>>>. Hmm.

I know I am washing tonight. I always wash before an event. I know that makes it sound like I never wash but I try to only wash about once a week. I washed it last Saturday I think. Maybe? That is why I write it down. (yes, I really do). I have a hair log, I write all my ACV's, DCT's and whetever else's in there. My middle name is @n@L.

enfys
December 24th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I don't know; I want to wear it loose for a change, but I have a poinsettia Flexi8 that I want to wear...maybe I'll wear it loose, put it up to eat then take it down. I'm toying with the idea of a lace braid.

My MIL and MILGF never had long hair, so I think they like to see mine because it's a bit of a novelty. Granny-in-law likes it too because we look alike (weirdly...) so I suppose she gets to see what she'd have looked like with long hair in the 1950s, instead of her curly bob (I get to see in photos that it would be a great look for me!).

MandaMom2Three
December 24th, 2010, 02:05 PM
For our christmas eve service I decided on a french twist with a horn fork accent.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/mandamom2many/60313681.jpg

RachieBaby
December 24th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Im thinking just a plain old bun tbh but im gonna jazz it up with some sparkly flower pin thingys :) Merry Christmas everyone! :D

Henrietta
December 24th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I decided to work on texture instead of on an updo, as I have left 98&#37; of my toys at home. So, I made a braid at the top of my head. The plan was to have nice romantic waves. The effect- Lion King. But still, I like it:D

Kallenie
December 24th, 2010, 02:15 PM
:-( I was bad and curled it today. By tomorrow the curls will have loosened up quite a bit so I can wear it down tomorrow, I just love the look of soft curls so much and I don't want to have to do rag curls overnight since tonight is going to be just as busy as Christmas Morning.

jaine
December 24th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Mine will be wurly/curly like my avatar pic! I'm setting loose my natural texture for a while because it covers up how badly I need a haircut! :)

girlthursday
December 24th, 2010, 02:21 PM
I'm going to try a sock bun at the nape of my neck. Not sure if my hair is long enough, but if not I'll just do the sock bun up top.

Avvoltoio
December 24th, 2010, 02:25 PM
down as always :)

In2wishin
December 24th, 2010, 02:26 PM
I will be doing a "Frida Kahlo" using a Christmas scarf with cute snowmen all over it.

chloeishere
December 24th, 2010, 02:29 PM
On the day, probably down. I've been wearing it down on big event days lately because it looks pretty nice. I may put it up if it gets in my way or if I get too many loud comments on how long it is (shouldn't be a problem with my family, but I may end up having to go 3 places... either two or three locals total).

I have trouble keeping my buns from coming down if I'm wearing my winter coat, due to the hood; I do not like the look of half ups on me; I always play with braids and end up undoing and redoing them 1000 times a day, so down it is.
I'll even bring a comb to maintain!

aimison
December 24th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I needed something that would withstand a 2 hour drive to my parent's house for dinner and decided to try hair taping for the first time (thanks to Torrin Paige's tutorial)! I used a sparkly silver ribbon then wrapped the excess ribbon in front of the braids.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/NorthStar21/hair&#37;20progress%20pics/taping.jpg

Naphthylamine
December 24th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Oh I want to wear it up so much, so I can be more creative. But DBF prefers it loose and always undoes my hair when we see each other. (I don't have the right to complain, cause I do the same thing to him :D) So... I will probably wear it down too, maybe with a few little braids.

Toothe
December 24th, 2010, 08:57 PM
For our Christmas Eve service at church I wore a flipped cinnabun, my favorite "elegant" style, and poked in little sprigs of (fake) pinecones and holly berries. It turned out very well--if I do say so myself!

Bonkers57
December 24th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Unfortunately since I'm still sick, my hair sorta looks like a rat's nest. :disgust:

christine1989
December 24th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I did a pathetic little braid which my cousin later fixed into a nice one. I never knew how good my hair could look braided until someone else did it :).

nellreno
December 24th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Down and freshly CO washed. We don't do anything fancy for Christmas day so down and combed is probably best.

thatjengirl1
December 25th, 2010, 12:40 AM
I'm just wearing my hair down tomorrow for xmas.
Next xmas when my hair is alot longer, i will probably do something nice with it. :)

sparkle'n'bling
December 25th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I wore a Chinese bun decorated with a gorgeous jewelled clip that I got given. Looked stunning and got a bunch of compliments.

Angeletti
December 25th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I was a bit lazy today and wanted something simple and easy so decided to go the sock bun route, I figured the ribbon would be appropriate for the holidays.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/genazollner/as.jpg

Beatrix_Kiddo
December 25th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I did my first sock bun! Yeiiii!!!!

It looked lovely, but I forgot to take pics.
x(

yellowchariot
December 25th, 2010, 05:41 PM
For our christmas eve service I decided on a french twist with a horn fork accent.

MM2Three, That is one of the coolest french twists I've seen in a long time! Your roll is super smooth shiny, and well defined! Rock it! :thumbsup:

I was a bit lazy today and wanted something simple and easy so decided to go the sock bun route, I figured the ribbon would be appropriate for the holidays.

Angeletti, everytime I turn around, you are making some the most killer cool looking bun-do's and braids that I've seen! Keep it up! The Force is strong with you :D

lilravendark
December 25th, 2010, 05:45 PM
I wore a 5 strand with a frangipani hair tie just right for sydneys northern beaches hehe

may1em
December 25th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Last night for church, I wore it down. Today, it's been down, braided, and in a scrunchy bun. Christmas day is always a very casual affair here.

smrider
December 25th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Damp dutch braid, it was wash day :).

Karala
December 25th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I did rag curls for christmas eve but they didn't really turn out right...
Because of my evil taper, the ends turned out way too curly, actually rather frizzy and I ended up with shoulder-lenght half-straight half-frizzy hair :rolleyes: Also the ends were very dry and tangled and just not pretty. I ended up wearing it down anyway but not really feeling pretty. Oh well, I guess this isn't all what Christmas is about. ^^

Today I did my usual wrapped bun with my tiger-eye Quattro fork. Thanks to the frizzy ends from the rag curls, my bun actually turned out to have some thickness to it for a change, which was nice :] (so it wasn't a complete failure after all ^^)

Rennire
December 25th, 2010, 07:50 PM
I wore mine down with my bangs in a dutch accent braid. By the end of the day it was in a ponytail with multi coloured "silly bands" tied all the way down the length. I really need to learn how to be more assertive around little children! Those things took forever to get out! =P

kattygf
December 25th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I am wearing it down and free!

yellowchariot
December 25th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I wore a 5 strand with a frangipani hair tie just right for sydneys northern beaches hehe

^ pics or it didn't happen! lol lilravendark, j/k, you can make a mean 5 strand, and on hair shorter than mine! It isn't fair :confused:

ArienEllariel
December 25th, 2010, 08:32 PM
A halfup with my new x-small Flexi-8. :) I LOVE it.

lilravendark
December 25th, 2010, 10:31 PM
^ pics or it didn't happen! lol lilravendark, j/k, you can make a mean 5 strand, and on hair shorter than mine! It isn't fair :confused:

haha I learned during those lazy school holidays many moons ago so much time and so much hair back then lol 5 strands are easy now just start with a normal french then add a strand either side under like a dutch well I am pretty bad at explaining these things but dream weaver braiding is where I learned it from. I'll tell you what's not fair your hair looks better down than mine does :p

Sagi1982
December 26th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I did Torrins darling do:
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5255/user31359pic91388129312.th.jpg (http://img264.imageshack.us/i/user31359pic91388129312.jpg/)
Sticks are just decoration.

Octave
December 26th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Had my hair in a half up French Classic. Looked really well with my facial features, almost looked like an elf. However, I need to learn to do it by myself (mum did it). :)

firefly42
December 26th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I did a single dutch braid and then twisted the remain into a bun which i held with bobby clips. I'm SUPER excited i was able to do that since last time i tried my hair was too short...

ancilla
December 26th, 2010, 02:59 PM
For Christmas Eve I tried to do some french lace braids on the sides of my head for a half-up, but my hair is so oddly fine there that they wouldn't stay, and for some reason, they didn't even look like braids! I think I might need to invest in some Amish hair pins or something because my hair won't hold anything *sigh*

For New Year's Eve, I might try again with my Goody Hair screws, but I'm not sure if it will work.

Mirsha
December 26th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Swooping Dutch lace braid till ear, coiled and pinned, accent with a cute mini hat after being curled with rags. :D

Well, I washed it in the morning so no time for rag curlers. I had it in a pinned curlsbun but the curls didn't even try to form. This (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/No-Eyes/kerst-068b.jpg) is after a whole day of uncombed hair :rolleyes:

squintinschool
December 26th, 2010, 03:58 PM
I did this for Christmas dinner:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6883&pictureid=91564

It was my attempt at a Rose bun... with hair that is too short for its thickness to form one decent rope braid. So I made to rope braids and wound the first around my hair tie, pinned it with U pins, and did the second rope braid and pinned it in the other direction.

chloeishere
December 29th, 2010, 09:48 AM
I did wear it down, and blew-dry it straight (from Torrin Paige's tutorial, ha ha!). I got the blow dryer for Christmas, and yes, I asked for it!

Nicoliee
January 12th, 2011, 03:10 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6302894&l=19a15d294e&id=538796231