PDA

View Full Version : newbie n facin a hurdle

naushin83
December 23rd, 2010, 06:43 AM
Hi m a newbie here and this is my first post here.i am plannin to grow my hair till waist. Right now i hav bsl hair. but since past one month i am havin ample hairfall.....plz help

Purdy Bear
December 23rd, 2010, 07:28 AM
Welcome to the forum.

The average shed is 50 - 100 hairs so if its in that range its quite normal.

There are lots of reasons why the hair sheds or falls out:

Bad diet
Stress
Trauma
Shock to the root
etc

Then there are illness which the Dr can check for:

Anaemia
Alopecia
Thyroid problems
Vitamin B12 deficinecy
Hormonal imbalances
Dermatitus
Immune diseases
Allergies
etc

Even certain updos can cause what is called Traction Alopecia which is usually around the ears, or where tight updos/braids/pony tails are used, and more often in Afro type hair.

I would keep an eye on it, if you feel its above average then go see your Dr and discuss it with them. A lot of hair problems can easily be rectified and it is best to get them sorted sooner then later.

PS: You might want to check out threads on MSM, DE, Onions, and massage.

naushin83
December 23rd, 2010, 09:38 AM
yeah consulted a doc
thnx for the threads :)

McFearless
December 23rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
Purdy Bear pretty much covered it. Do you think you might have a reason for the shedding? Good luck and let us know :)

Avital88
December 24th, 2010, 01:59 AM
I used to take garlic pills when shedding and it actually stopped, also silica is a good one for new hairgrowth!
Happy growing and welcome ,
xx

naushin83
December 24th, 2010, 05:05 AM
i think its for dandruff plus my hair is pretty thin !!

nytquill
December 24th, 2010, 05:43 AM
It's also normal to have times of the year that you shed more than others. A lot of people talk about having a "fall shed" that happens every year during the fall (autumn). For some people it's during another season. But many people have one big shed every year.

This may or may not help you, but for me when I start worrying about my hair feeling thin or I feel like I've been shedding a lot, I measure my ponytail again. Put your hair in a ponytail like you normally would and wrap a measuring tape around your hair just above the elastic (make sure you're not measuring the elastic itself!). For me it always comes out to about the same distance around, which means my hair isn't really getting thinner and I stop worrying so much. Of course if your hair really IS getting thinner it might make you feel worse so you have to use your own judgment for this method.

2peasinapod
December 24th, 2010, 06:45 AM
I definitely agree with the seasonal shedding idea. I think most people have theirs in the fall, but mine is definitely in the winter! My hair has been shedding like crazy this month. I haven't made any changes to my diet or routine (except more conditioning) Every time I detangle or run my fingers through my hair, it falls out. It will probably replenish itself in the summer when it's hot. :rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread a bit, but I just wanted you to know that you shouldn't panic. Look at your diet and see a doctor if you're worried, but it might just be a seasonal thing.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes for you! :)

naushin83
December 24th, 2010, 09:54 AM
@2peasinapod- not an issue

yeah will consult a good doc after christmas ! :)

naushin83
December 24th, 2010, 10:19 AM
guess its a winter shed....
atleast hope so :(
thnx for the advices :)