PDA

View Full Version : 9 years!

Igor
December 23rd, 2010, 03:54 AM
On this day, 9 years ago I shaved my head. Happy hairniversary to my hair! :cheer:

Today I’m at “Can I call it knee length yet? How about now? Now?!”:lol:

http://22757575.dk//ida/photo/images/23rd%20december%202010A.jpg
Silly hubby took this picture when I was combing my hair before the shot

http://22757575.dk//ida/photo/images/23rd%20december%202010B.jpg
The LHC pose. Unfortunately I got a bit of an elastic-dent from a quick ponytail I did when I made a sandwich (Ugh, I left it down for 6 hours or so after a WO wash, but the ponytail I did for less than 6 minutes to not get hair in my food left a dent. No fair!) Leave in-conditioner applied to the full length like always and ends lightly oiled

http://22757575.dk//ida/photo/images/23rd%20december%202010C.jpg
Close-up of the ends. I’m very happy with their thickness and quality after the trim

http://22757575.dk//ida/photo/images/23rd%20december%202010D.jpg
Attempted pose of La Naissance de Venus by Eugène-Emmanuel Amaury-Duval

Deimos
December 23rd, 2010, 03:56 AM
Wow, your hair is beautiful! Happy anniversery :D

Phalaenopsis
December 23rd, 2010, 03:57 AM
Happy anniversary! I hope you already start planning a big party for the big 10 :D

Olyve
December 23rd, 2010, 04:02 AM
:thud: Soooo beautiful. Happy anniversary!

Toadstool
December 23rd, 2010, 04:10 AM
Happy Anniversary Igor's hair! I hope she buys you a new toy to celebrate :-)

Monsterkitti
December 23rd, 2010, 04:10 AM
Congratulations :) As always your hair makes me go wow :)

cindy58
December 23rd, 2010, 04:14 AM
Happy Anniversary to you and your super, incredible hair!

Lianna
December 23rd, 2010, 04:26 AM
What a gorgeous hair, congratulations! :flower:

Dragon
December 23rd, 2010, 04:29 AM
Happy Anniversary, your hair looks amazing.

Octave
Wow Igor congratulations on having such awesome hair! You look like a goddess :D

Dragon
Congrats :)

Cupofmilk
December 23rd, 2010, 04:30 AM
Well done. You don't have year by year pics do you ? I was thinking for those of us on the journey to long hair - it would be lovely to see what growth is attained in a year!
Your fair is fab, the ends are great.

Cupofmilk
December 23rd, 2010, 04:31 AM
PS - I want your comb

Igor
December 23rd, 2010, 04:49 AM
Thank you for the compliments everyone! :inlove:

Happy Anniversary Igor's hair! I hope she buys you a new toy to celebrate :-)
I’m considering buying a custom made XXL Flexi 8 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1394196&postcount=16511) to mark the occasion :gabigrin:

Well done. You don't have year by year pics do you ? I was thinking for those of us on the journey to long hair - it would be lovely to see what growth is attained in a year!
I have a lot of pictures in my blog and even a Dedicated length progress album (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5406)

PS - I want your comb
That’s a long handled Chechen comb from Ric the Combmaker (http://www.combmaker.com/LongHandledCombs/Chechen.html). I don’t use it a lot though since I rarely handle my hair dry

sami
December 23rd, 2010, 04:54 AM
Congrats on your 9th anniversary. Beautiful hair. Its guys like you that have inspired me to try and grow my hair.

nereida
December 23rd, 2010, 04:55 AM
Ohhhhh I am so happy right now. You are a good example for me - that I can achieve my hair goal. Congratulations!

Melisande
December 23rd, 2010, 04:57 AM
Dear Igor, I recognized the Venus at once and you really look like her - only better. You are a real beauty, and every length of hair looks amazing. But with your gorgeous, healthy long hair you are really special. I'm sure people turn their heads when you pass ;-)

Enjoy your hairthday, hairniversary, and hairstival. You are an inspiration! And WOW for the party we're going to have next year!

Roscata
December 23rd, 2010, 05:00 AM
Your hair is truly inspiring. Happy hairniversary! :)

Little_Bird
December 23rd, 2010, 05:04 AM
And once again... Congratulations :D You have amazing hair :flowers:

DecafJane
December 23rd, 2010, 05:05 AM
Congratulations, Igor. I am in awe and completely inspired. :D

janeytilllie
December 23rd, 2010, 05:23 AM
Congratulations!
Your hair is absolutely beautiful. You're such an inspiration :)

09robiha
December 23rd, 2010, 05:34 AM
Oh Igor! You make me sick...such stunning hair!

LocustSpawning
December 23rd, 2010, 05:42 AM
Gorgeous, I especially love the last photo.

mrs_coffee
December 23rd, 2010, 05:45 AM
Oh. My. Goodness. Your hair is incredible!

lesbia
December 23rd, 2010, 05:53 AM
wow, that's amazing, congratulations!! :)

Kome
December 23rd, 2010, 06:04 AM
WOW! Happy hairversarry! Your hair is a gorgeous color and length and I TOTALLY think you can just squeek by at calling it knee. Nice work! :D

Robbi Dehlinger
December 23rd, 2010, 06:07 AM
I call it LOVELY, please don ebver shave ur head again?? :)

DavidN
December 23rd, 2010, 06:08 AM
Happy hair growing anniversary to you, Igor, and thank you for sharing such inspirational photos with us! Your hair is outstanding in every way.

Pixna
December 23rd, 2010, 06:20 AM
So VERY beautiful, Igor!!! You are a goddess!!! :redgrin:

DuckyDot
December 23rd, 2010, 06:23 AM
Well done Igor! Your hair looks lovely! I'm VERY jealous! :)

Purdy Bear
December 23rd, 2010, 06:24 AM
Igor you are a true inspiration to us super shorties. I love your hair!

Capybara
December 23rd, 2010, 06:26 AM
Congratulations Igor!

smileycat
December 23rd, 2010, 06:29 AM
Holy smoke! Your hair is awe-inspiring!

EmiliaF
December 23rd, 2010, 06:30 AM
Wooooooow! :shocked:
:thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile:

Vorvolaka
December 23rd, 2010, 06:35 AM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous! And it makes me determined to get back to my natural colour.

RachieBaby
December 23rd, 2010, 06:35 AM
Beautiful! :D Congrats :)

joiekimochi
December 23rd, 2010, 06:36 AM
We are not worthy! We are not worthy! :bowtome:

Chibbylick
December 23rd, 2010, 06:41 AM
Wow!
Gorgeous, and very inspiring...

sophiamarie
December 23rd, 2010, 06:52 AM
Wow, wow, wow!!!! Igor your hair is stunning!

halo_tightens
December 23rd, 2010, 06:54 AM
Wow, Igor... Nine years now??

It's hard to believe, looking at you, that your head was once shaved! :D

Your hair is so very lovely. I can't say any more-- it speaks for itself! :flowers:

castano
December 23rd, 2010, 07:01 AM
Your hair is gorgeous indeed! Congratulations, keep it growing!

Loreley
December 23rd, 2010, 07:01 AM
Awesome hair! Happy anniversary! :D

yvsa
December 23rd, 2010, 07:05 AM
Happy anniversary, Igor. :cheese:

hippiechick1976
December 23rd, 2010, 07:07 AM
Ok now I know what i want when i grow up....DROOL...Your hair is awesome!!! the drool is over hair:)

ericthegreat
December 23rd, 2010, 07:11 AM
To think that you once had a shaved head would be inconceivable if you did not show those old archived photos of you with that recent buzz cut. Wow...........................you really show everyone else here that with patience and dedication, you really can achieve the hair of your dreams. Congratulations on your 9 year anniversary!!!!!!!!!

EdG
December 23rd, 2010, 07:16 AM
You are a hair goddess. :)

Congratulations, Igor!
Ed

Night_Kitten
December 23rd, 2010, 07:28 AM
Happy anniversary! :D
Your hair is absolutely amazing!!!

Mírien
December 23rd, 2010, 07:30 AM
Your hair is amazing. :D It inspires me so much. :eek: If you managed to achieve this incredible amount of hair in 9 years - so then I may also reach my goal length. ;)

lapushka
December 23rd, 2010, 07:35 AM
Well done! :applause
Do treat yourself to that mega flexi! :D :thumbsup:

CastaDiva
December 23rd, 2010, 07:35 AM
Wow, amazingly gorgeous hair:applauseCongratulations, Igor!!

pepperminttea
December 23rd, 2010, 07:42 AM
Stunning hair as always Igor, you really are an inspiration - happy anniversary!

Jessikinz
December 23rd, 2010, 07:51 AM
Happy hairniversary!! :D

Darkhorse1
December 23rd, 2010, 07:52 AM
Lovely!! A true inspiration :)

dropinthebucket
December 23rd, 2010, 08:06 AM
It's so healthy, right down to the ends! Fabulous! Happy anniversary. :)

longhairkitten
December 23rd, 2010, 08:14 AM
Gorgeous, you are an inspiration!

Neoma
December 23rd, 2010, 08:18 AM
Igor, when I first joined LHC, I saw your "before and after" pics, and you became one of my first hair idols.

I will never forget climbing the stairs to the NY public library and seeing the most immense blond bun that I have ever seen. It was stunning. When you turned around, I learned that it was you. :flower:

Madora
December 23rd, 2010, 08:27 AM
Bravissimo, Igor! Your hair is fantastic!

Snow White
December 23rd, 2010, 08:30 AM
I remember the shaved head...then the other day I ran across one of your posts and thought "I know her! Wow!"

spidermom
December 23rd, 2010, 08:46 AM
You look beautiful, and your hair is nice, too.

bluesnowflake
December 23rd, 2010, 08:59 AM
Wow, your hair is beautiful! And very shiny. Congrats!

babybabycat
December 23rd, 2010, 09:02 AM
wow, 9 years!
Thanks so much for being such wonderful hair-inspiration. Your info about hair have really helped me. And, of course, your hair is just gorgeous!

Happy Hair-anniversary to you!

Rini
December 23rd, 2010, 09:12 AM
Igor, I've always been a BIG fan of your hair, it's just amazing. Congratulations on your incredible growth from nought to looooong :D

Henrietta
December 23rd, 2010, 09:21 AM
Congratulations and happy anniversary:) :flower: Your hair journey is stunning!

cmnt831
December 23rd, 2010, 09:23 AM
Happy anniversary! Beautiful hair. :)

Tressie
December 23rd, 2010, 09:23 AM
Happy Anniversary!!! You have awesome, thudworthy, hair!! So beautiful!! (o:

Bene
December 23rd, 2010, 09:24 AM
Happy Birthday, Igor's hair! :)

Intransigentia
December 23rd, 2010, 09:27 AM
Wow, that's just plain impressive. Happy hairniversary indeed!

spoonshine
December 23rd, 2010, 09:32 AM
Congratulations on your gorgeous hairniversary. Your comb looks like you just pulled it out of a holster in the LHC pose picture. Combs at 20 paces!

LaurelSpring
December 23rd, 2010, 09:32 AM
Happy Anniversary!! Your hair is amazing. Thank you for posting the great pictures. They are so encouraging! I was on the verge of beginning to have a notion of thinking about cutting some but now your great pictures have inspired me. :eek:

Tia2010
December 23rd, 2010, 09:34 AM
Your hair is amazing ! :D

yellowchariot
December 23rd, 2010, 10:53 AM
On this day, 9 years ago I shaved my head. Happy hairniversary to my hair! :cheer:

Today I’m at “Can I call it knee length yet? How about now? Now?!”:lol:

Silly hubby took this picture when I was combing my hair before the shot

http://22757575.dk//ida/photo/images/23rd%20december%202010B.jpg
The LHC pose. Unfortunately I got a bit of an elastic-dent from a quick ponytail I did when I made a sandwich (Ugh, I left it down for 6 hours or so after a WO wash, but the ponytail I did for less than 6 minutes to not get hair in my food left a dent. No fair!) Leave in-conditioner applied to the full length like always and ends lightly oiled

Close-up of the ends. I’m very happy with their thickness and quality after the trim

Attempted pose of La Naissance de Venus by Eugène-Emmanuel Amaury-Duval

^ Now. . . how dare you post 9 years of Stunning Spectacular Astonishing Awesome'ness, just all at one time, and force the rest of us "Unfortunate" members to look at it! Shame on you! LOL :p :D J/K

As soon as I saw your "LHC Pose" I thought to myself. . . "Whoa?! Is that a knife in her hand, and she is assuming the 'stealth-throwing-position' ?! haha" :hatchet: The "hilt" of your comb looks very unique to that.

YES, GO AHEAD and call it knee-length! It appears to actually go past where your knees bend.

CONGRATULATIONS, IGOR!!!

Ludde
December 23rd, 2010, 11:20 AM
Happy Hairniversary, Igor! :cheese::cheese:

Avital88
December 23rd, 2010, 11:23 AM
Wow!! I think this is really the most beautiful hair ever seen by me:)

Ishje
December 23rd, 2010, 11:25 AM
wow, that is awesome! your hair looks great. and you too!
I hope this is not a rude question, but may I ask why you shaved your head?

BeccaAngel
December 23rd, 2010, 11:48 AM
Love it! that must be a lot to take care of. Congratz! a :blossom: for you

Shellby
December 23rd, 2010, 11:55 AM
Congrats! Amazing hair. Healthy and gorgeous.

bunzfan
December 23rd, 2010, 11:56 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary i have always thought your hair looked amazingly thick and healthy it just shows you can keep growing hair to your goal if you take care of it.

SpeakingEZ
December 23rd, 2010, 12:02 PM
I'm saying happy birthday to your hair instead of happy anniversary, since it was 9 years ago that it was reborn, for lack of a better word.

It's mighty thud-worthy! You're one of my hair-idols here, Congrats!!

Clarisse
December 23rd, 2010, 12:10 PM
Tusind gange tillykke! (danish for thank you very much)
What an impressive mane you have.
I love to read your blog :)

What comb do you use regularly in wet hair?

christine1989
December 23rd, 2010, 12:12 PM
Wow! Its spectacular all the way down to the ends! :)

LadyG
December 23rd, 2010, 12:13 PM
Congratulations, and thank you for the inspiration to continue on my journey.

boomtownrat
December 23rd, 2010, 12:23 PM
It's gorgeous! Happy "hairniversary!" :D

DreadfulWoman
December 23rd, 2010, 12:25 PM
:thudpile:

Happy birthday to your hair! I just realized our hair is the same age. Too funny! Um, I think you totally win.

Congratulations on 9 years of growing amazing, drool-worthy hair. :toast: And here's to many more to come!

Yozhik
December 23rd, 2010, 12:27 PM
Igor, your hair is absolutely amazing! It bowls me over to look through all of your progress photos.

You are a hair inspiration to us all. :)

You seem to be quite tall, so the body markers for longer lengths are further apart, so your 9th hair anniversary is made even more spectacular. :flower:

Igor
December 23rd, 2010, 01:55 PM
Thank you for the kind words everyone! :cheer:

Do treat yourself to that mega flexi! :D :thumbsup:
You shouldn’t encourage me! Evil enabler!

I will never forget climbing the stairs to the NY public library and seeing the most immense blond bun that I have ever seen. It was stunning. When you turned around, I learned that it was you.
That was a good day indeed! I really wish we could do that again, but it really didn’t work out with the American boyfriend I had then :rolleyes: The first one I recognised was Alba-NY, when I was heading for the stairs myself :)

wow, 9 years!
Thanks so much for being such wonderful hair-inspiration. Your info about hair have really helped me. And, of course, your hair is just gorgeous!
Ah, this one deserves a special thank you :flower: It really warms my ego when people find my time and effort useful

Congratulations on your gorgeous hairniversary. Your comb looks like you just pulled it out of a holster in the LHC pose picture. Combs at 20 paces!
So, not “quick on the draw” but “gentle at the handling”? :gabigrin: I do think we are all pretty deadly with our combs my now though…

I hope this is not a rude question, but may I ask why you shaved your head?
Not rude, just curious. Usually I tell people it was very damaged, which it was. I had felt like doing something with it for a while before that and a friend advised me to use pure, undiluted lemon juice to bleach it instead of regular colour. “Because it’s natural it’s gentler”. Like an idiot I believed that. Of course now I know that lemon acid is really good at breaking down protein bonds and what does hair primarily consist of? Yea; protein.
The truth is that I wanted to try it. I had been itching for a very long time to do something with it just because I could. I brought up the thought of shaving it all to a friend and she commented “Better do it now, soon you will be too old to do something as stupid as shave your head” and that scared me more than the thought of how ugly I could be under my hair!
Most people react like you have admitted you enjoy to hit babies with puppies if you tell them you voluntarily shaved your head. Funny how people can get completely worked up about you doing something you wanted to do to your own body that doesn’t hurt or even affect anyone else. I ended up dumping a few friends for extreme shallowness: Honestly, if they reacted like that, what if I ever got in an accident? Had ugly scars? Maybe became handicapped? People like that aren’t worth your time. :rolleyes:

Mange tak! (Thank you very much)

What comb do you use regularly in wet hair?
I use a black and a white cheap plastic comb of the kind it seems everyone in the whole wide world owns :lol: I sanded both down myself to make sure they’re hair friendly (Something the wooden comb in the picture needed desperately and disappointed me a lot since this comb has a lot of hype on LHC)

You seem to be quite tall, so the body markers for longer lengths are further apart, so your 9th hair anniversary is made even more spectacular.
I’m 173 cm tall or 5´8” which makes me on the tall side on LHC… I found it more frustrating that having iii-hair forced me to wait until hip length or so before I could make an even remotely self-stabilising cinnamon bun :justy:

Medievalmaniac
December 23rd, 2010, 02:02 PM
:thudpile:

That's all. Oh, my! Your hair is divine!!!

IcarusBride
December 23rd, 2010, 02:11 PM
Beautiful, Igor! I hope my hair can be as long and healthy as your someday even if it takes 9 years or more!

eresh
December 23rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
I was lucky enough to admire your hair in real life, it's beautiful!

Uni&Corn
December 23rd, 2010, 02:23 PM
Wow, Happy Anniversary! Your hair is so pretty :)

jeanniet
December 23rd, 2010, 02:40 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is so beautiful, and you are a wonderful inspiration to all of us. :)

1nuitblanche
December 23rd, 2010, 03:00 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! You are an inspiration.

pennyroyal
December 23rd, 2010, 03:01 PM
Happy anniversary!!! Your hair is gorgeous & you are truly an inspiration to me. :)

rach
December 23rd, 2010, 03:09 PM
:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheer:
looks great :D

Clarisse
December 23rd, 2010, 03:16 PM

Of course I meant that it’s danish for congratulations. I feel like an idiot right now *facepalm*

Arctic_Mama
December 23rd, 2010, 04:00 PM
Happy hairniversary! It looks beautifully thick at the ends :)

Anatheme
December 23rd, 2010, 04:30 PM
Wow, what an inspiration journey! :D

jojo
December 23rd, 2010, 04:34 PM
Oh my Igor, for 3 years you have been an inspiration to lots on here, your hair should be insured its that beautiful! please send Jojo some of your magical growing dust via cyberspace! you and your hair are just beautiful, love the 3rd photo too! XX

Igor
December 23rd, 2010, 04:35 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words! :cheese:

I was lucky enough to admire your hair in real life, it's beautiful!
I really hope we can have another Euromeet and I don’t get sick this time! I’m still mentally kicking myself for that one… Go to Holland to meet the Europeople and I get sick. FML

Of course I meant that it’s danish for congratulations. I feel like an idiot right now *facepalm*
I didn’t even notice that :oops: *Double-Facepalm*

Emerald88
December 23rd, 2010, 05:44 PM
Happy Hairniversary Igor! Your hair is beyond beautiful. Gorgeous color, length & very healthy looking. In other words, the hair I wish I had. Thanks for sharing the photos! I love the comb also. Must. have. one.

girlcat36
December 23rd, 2010, 05:56 PM
Utterly amazing, inspirational hair!

xoxophelia
December 23rd, 2010, 05:57 PM
Goddess hair ^^

Cowgirl16
December 23rd, 2010, 06:05 PM
:thudpile: Your hair is amazing, Happy Anniversary:D

TrudieCat
December 23rd, 2010, 06:14 PM
SOooooo gorgeous!! Yay! Congrats on your hairniversary! :cheer:

embee
December 23rd, 2010, 06:35 PM
Wonderful! :)

triumphator!
December 23rd, 2010, 06:36 PM
Wow. Congrats!

fairy_ends_girl
December 23rd, 2010, 06:40 PM
truly gorgeous hair. thanks for sharing. congrats!

Beatrix_Kiddo
December 23rd, 2010, 06:55 PM
You are my hair idol!

fairy_ends_girl
December 23rd, 2010, 06:56 PM
1 more post so i can view your blog... i can't wait to see it!

eezepeeze
December 23rd, 2010, 07:06 PM
Happy Hairniverary to you!!! What gorgeous lengths you've gone to!

Vapunzel91
December 23rd, 2010, 07:15 PM
That's some of the most gorgeous I've seen hair in my life. Congratulations!

This gives me hope and determination to keep growing my hair out. We have the same goal, but I'm just starting mine at 28". Thank you!!!!

KarpatiiSiv
December 23rd, 2010, 07:24 PM
Your hair is gorgeous :thud: Happy Anniversary.

Anywhere
December 23rd, 2010, 07:29 PM
Beautiful hair, Igor. Long, straight[ish], thick ends. It's lovely. Congragulations on 9 years! :D

Robbi Dehlinger
December 24th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Oh my Igor, for 3 years you have been an inspiration to lots on here, your hair should be insured its that beautiful! please send Jojo some of your magical growing dust via cyberspace! you and your hair are just beautiful, love the 3rd photo too! XX

Hey Jojo!

Yours is looking great also (Sorry for the hijack)

Lots of growth!

:cheese:

TessieAnn
December 24th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Nine years of growing, long and luscious. You look so graceful and lovely.

Twelve pages and counting of comments.

I'd say your hair has made quite an impression here.

Oberon88
December 24th, 2010, 12:54 AM
So beautiful!!!!!

miss_purple
December 24th, 2010, 01:18 AM
wow, congratulations for your very long hair!

rosek
December 24th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Happy hair-birthday Igor! I love that you've been able to maintain your natural colour so well - no faded ends in sight!

Dark Rosaleen
December 24th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Lovely hair, happy anniversary.

leslissocool
December 24th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Oh my God!!! Your hair is so gorgeous!!!

Good job :cheer: :cheese: :disco::hifive::wethree:

bte
December 24th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Congratulations! An inspiration to us all.

PrincessBob
December 24th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Sugoi! Your hair is very nice and your ends look super!

Feng-Shui
December 24th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Happy Anniversary Igor!:flower:

Your hair is very beautifully. :thudpile:

Ishje
December 24th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Not rude, just curious. Usually I tell people it was very damaged, which it was. I had felt like doing something with it for a while before that and a friend advised me to use pure, undiluted lemon juice to bleach it instead of regular colour. “Because it’s natural it’s gentler”. Like an idiot I believed that. Of course now I know that lemon acid is really good at breaking down protein bonds and what does hair primarily consist of? Yea; protein.
The truth is that I wanted to try it. I had been itching for a very long time to do something with it just because I could. I brought up the thought of shaving it all to a friend and she commented “Better do it now, soon you will be too old to do something as stupid as shave your head” and that scared me more than the thought of how ugly I could be under my hair!
Most people react like you have admitted you enjoy to hit babies with puppies if you tell them you voluntarily shaved your head. Funny how people can get completely worked up about you doing something you wanted to do to your own body that doesn’t hurt or even affect anyone else. I ended up dumping a few friends for extreme shallowness: Honestly, if they reacted like that, what if I ever got in an accident? Had ugly scars? Maybe became handicapped? People like that aren’t worth your time. :rolleyes:

thank you so much for your awnser!
the reason why I was curious is because I have thought about it myself, for the same reasons.
so it is really interesting to me to read why you decided to shave your head :)

CrisDee
December 24th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Every time I see a post from you, I just :thud: :bowtome:.

But I must say how very much I have appreciated how well you documented your hair journey. It has been such an encouragement and inspiration for those of us who so deeply regretted cutting short.

And I gotta say, I snorted a little coffee out my nose at that "hitting babies with puppies" comment! :D

Gemma
December 24th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Yah, congrats, Igor! :flower:

When I first joined LHC, I found your pictures and journal very inspiring. I still do!

lupiae
December 24th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Congratulation!
Your hair is so shinym so beautiful, so...fantastic!
My wife has really long hair (butt lenght) and maybe one day she will have like yours!

utdesertrunner
December 24th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Wow, your hair is so amazing! Happy 9 year anniversary!

Bluebell
December 24th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Pretty!!! Beautiful!!!! Amazing!!!!:bowtome:

naushin83
December 24th, 2010, 12:03 PM
hatz off

or shud i say buns down :D

Avvoltoio
December 24th, 2010, 01:51 PM
You and your hair are beautiful, i love your pictures, and yes on the fourth picture you are more beautiful than Venus, if the painter would know you definiately he would chose you to paint :)
Congratulations!

jojo
December 24th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Hey Jojo!

Yours is looking great also (Sorry for the hijack)

Lots of growth!

:cheese:

aww thank you Robbie, thats very sweet of you xxx

little_cherry
December 24th, 2010, 03:46 PM
You are my inspiration, Igor! :flower: Your hair is just so amazingly gorgeous!

2peasinapod
December 24th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Amazing! I can't believe you grew from bald! Your hair is gorgeous, and you are inspirational! :thud:

tigr
December 24th, 2010, 06:01 PM
I brought up the thought of shaving it all to a friend and she commented “Better do it now, soon you will be too old to do something as stupid as shave your head”

:rollin: Funny, but true. We get so serious as we get further into our 20s.

And thank you for posting why you shaved your head. I'd been too shy to ask.

McFearless
December 24th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Damn you! Your hair is so beautiful and you're pretty stunning yourself

Igor
December 26th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Progress pictures for those who haven’t seen them yet… :wigtongue

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5406&pictureid=75404
Almost the starting point. About a week after I shaved it, now grown to buzz-length

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5406&pictureid=75408
The very first “Current length shot” for LHC on August 13th 2003 when I joined

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5406&pictureid=75409
March 2004. This was the only official goal length I ever had: To be able to pull it up in a low ponytail (After that it became “I want to be able to braid it” and “I want to be able to bun it”. Hah)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5406&pictureid=75411
May 25th 2005. Past BSL!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5406&pictureid=75415
July 19th 2007. The New York meet. I’m on the far left

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5406&pictureid=75419
May 30th 2008. Classic!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5406&pictureid=75423
October 1st 2009. I’m beginning to outgrow my arms and it’s making hair care a lot more difficult than I thought! Since then I have been considering trimming it back to fingertip length a lot, but so far hubby, my friends and LHC have spoken that I should keep growing ( :gabigrin: )

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5406&pictureid=79408
4 months ago in Amsterdam at the big Euromeet. Since then I had about 3 cm taken off the ends

growing2shine
December 26th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Congratulations Igor!!! Your hair is really amazing! :cheer:

Chamomile betty
December 26th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Your hair is beautiful. Congrats on your 9 year anniversary.

harpgal
December 26th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Igor, a sweet little bird told me about your thread, so I simply had to come back and give you a big pat on the back for a job well done. You certainly have one of the most inspirational stories around here and I never tire of gazing upon your lovely tresses. When you reach knee, I will be very happy for you. Just hang on...you are so very close. :)

Adiva
December 27th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Ohh, your hair is beautiful! Congratulations!!

Bluegrass Babe
December 27th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! And you nailed the pose! You are definately one of the hair idols that inspired many on the forum.

Natural = safe - We've all made that mistake a one time or another. ;)

dragonmyst
December 27th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Absolutely Gorgeous! I love the progression photos, as many have already said, they inspire. Bravo.

laughinglynxie
December 27th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Igor, your hair is absolutely STUNNING. I am in awe. :agape: You rock so hard.

sahiba
December 28th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Sorry I"m late :o but am really thrilled for u. Your hair is looking fantastic and gorgeous. :)

lapushka
December 29th, 2010, 10:12 AM
It's great to see those pics again, Igor! You are one of the people who inspired me to grow my hair longer than BSL. In the process of growing, I got the feeling back of what it was like to have long hair as a child (I had classic length as a young teen) and it's a great feeling to have!

Thanks for being an inspiration, and for sharing your hair journey with us! :flower:

Nae
December 29th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Your hair is beautiful Igor, and, if you are ever feeling down about it all you have to do is come and reread these 15 pages documenting how awestruck you leave your fellow LHCers!

Congratulations! Your hair is definately fantabulous!

restourceful
December 29th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Another one late for the party. :waving:

Igor, I saw your blog entry on your anniversary and showed it to DH. His jaw dropped. He asked if I planned to grow mine as long as yours. I told him if mine looks as great as yours I definitely will!

Thanks for sharing the story of why you shaved your head. I'm another one who was really curious but too chicken to ask. :couch:

Congratulations and happy hair birthday! You are awe inspiring!:toast:

curlymarcia
December 29th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Your hair is amazing! Congratulations for your hair journey, you are an inspiration for me :)

Dead Sunshine
December 29th, 2010, 12:42 PM
My goodness, your hair is so beautiful c: I love the color. Gorgeous.

darkwaves
December 29th, 2010, 12:55 PM
What an inspiration! Congrats! (And so beautiful.)

rach
December 29th, 2010, 02:26 PM
It is defiantly reassuring to see pictures like you did on post #136

see! proof it grows . Stop doing stupid things to it , be patient !!!! (says to self :horse:)

oh well 19 months in just another 89 to go :confused: - got to start somewere

constancev18
December 29th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Congratulations. You are an inspiration!

Knotted
January 31st, 2011, 02:03 PM
I'm a little late in joining the congratulations, but I just wanted to say you and your hair are gorgeous! :eek:

SummerSkye
January 31st, 2011, 02:21 PM
Wow wow wow! Your hair is beautiful, congratulations! You are a total inspiration!:blossom:

Malibu Barbie
January 31st, 2011, 02:25 PM
Igor, your hair is amazing!!

CariadA
January 31st, 2011, 02:34 PM
You're hair is unbelievable. It is seriously the prettiest hair I have seen. Your ends are so nice and thick!

skyblue
January 31st, 2011, 04:12 PM
wow! You are an inspiration!!
Gorgeous hair!!

WynneWear
January 31st, 2011, 04:41 PM
You and your hair are superb! :D

virgo75
January 31st, 2011, 07:29 PM
How the heck did I miss this thread?!?!? :doh:

Very belated congratulations on your 9 year anniversary!
You and your hair are lovely and inspirational. :flower:

The pose worked out perfectly too. :p

ancilla
January 31st, 2011, 07:52 PM
Wow you are so inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing, your hair is incredibly beautiful!

Xandergrammy
January 31st, 2011, 08:11 PM
Amazing knee length hair, Igor!! Congratulations!

squiggyflop
January 31st, 2011, 08:17 PM
happy anniversary! your hair looks great :flowers: you have always been one of my hair idols..

Aurantia
January 31st, 2011, 08:36 PM
Congratulations!!! Love that Venus pose! :)

manicmorbidity
January 31st, 2011, 08:37 PM
I actually gasped when I saw how beautiful your hair is! You are my new hair hero <3 !

Cybelle
January 31st, 2011, 08:41 PM
So beautiful :D and happy 9th hair anniversary.

Rabya-Khadija
January 31st, 2011, 08:44 PM
Lovely... congrats!

OUKess
January 31st, 2011, 08:50 PM
Stunning hair Igor!!!!!

NouvelleNymphe2
February 1st, 2011, 02:26 AM
beautiful, no average to good in there...all so beautiful

Elenna
February 1st, 2011, 02:36 AM
Igor, your hair is stunningly beautiful.

freecelt
February 1st, 2011, 02:54 PM
Congrats on achieving such a huge goal! Wow! :O :)

TheBluffs
February 14th, 2011, 03:56 PM
It's so healthy looking!

Angel_099
February 14th, 2011, 04:04 PM
:agape:Wow! Beautiful. Hair.

Spring
February 14th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Wow your hair is beautiful :)! When you were growing out did you trim regularly or just s&d? Thanks so much.

Kaeita
February 14th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Gorgeous! The length, colour, shine, thickness, are just beautiful. That's the kind of hair I always wished I had! Thanks for sharing your pics :)

VintageBrooklyn
February 14th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Just breathtaking! You are such an inspiration! Happy 9 year Anniversary! :)

gthlvrmx
February 14th, 2011, 07:46 PM
ahhh igor :D:D so BEAUTIFUL!! :D:D i love it, wats ur routine? did you even trim it that much over the years?

long&blonde
February 14th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Happy Anniversary to you & your hair. Your hair is so healthy! Awesome!

o.k.
February 14th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Congratulations!
It looks healthy

Juanita
February 15th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Gorgous and congratulations

keepmyhair
February 15th, 2011, 05:33 AM

You have extremely beautiful hair... good luck and happy growing :)

Nipushiau
February 15th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Happy anniversary. So pretty.

nena_shawty
February 15th, 2011, 10:27 AM
thats awesome congrats!!

lw8666
February 15th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Amazing!!!!

joyful373
February 15th, 2011, 07:18 PM
adding to all the love! Happy anniversary, and I am glad I can share it with you! Your hair is gorgeous, and keeps me moving toward my new goal length. Congratulations!

Speedbump
February 15th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I have NO idea how I missed this thread until just now, but I did. I just wanted to tell you, Igor, that your hair has always been in my Top Five of All Time, even when it was "just" at classic. :lol: Your thickness alone makes your hair incredible, but to add such length! And the color and the condition....well. Add me to the :thudpile: please! :o

QueenMadge
February 15th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Your hair is beautiful as are you. Congratulations.

mrs carol
February 15th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Congrats on nine years of hair growth. Its just beautiful

gthlvrmx
March 20th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Yee nine years!!

dulce
March 20th, 2012, 12:12 PM
STUNNING!!Congratulations,what gorgeous hair.

Of the Fae
March 20th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Insane length!!! Congratulations on your nine years :D It looks beautiful, and very impressive

PinkyCat
March 20th, 2012, 12:17 PM
How do you spell jealous, jelouse, jealus - GEEZ!!

JELLISS!! I'm JELLISS!

...And can't spell. :p

kitcatsmeow
March 20th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Just popping in to say congrats. Your hair (and you) are stunning! Best wishes.

Peace.

Chromis
March 20th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Pssssst....this thread is over a year old, it's ten years now and her hair looks even more awesome but I doubt she will see this thread :D

Vasilissa
March 22nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
Congratulations!!! May your hair be always strong, long, healthy and shiny as it is now!! You have gorgeous hair it really suits you!! :blossom:

ETA: My goodness! I was looking at the first post so attentively and still haven't paid any attention to the date! :D Anyway congrats, hope it's even longer now!

Diamond.Eyes
March 22nd, 2012, 07:26 PM
That is so amazing! Your patience is so inspiring! That is an awesome head of hair! :flower:

Johanna
March 22nd, 2012, 07:37 PM
How do you spell jealous, jelouse, jealus - GEEZ!!

JELLISS!! I'm JELLISS!

...And can't spell. :p

I installed opera, it has a built in spell-checker, love it!

And on topic, Igor does have very gorgeous hair! She's got a lot of info tucked under all that hair too. When I first joined I think I read through a ton of her blog stuff :)

long&blonde
March 22nd, 2012, 08:21 PM
My thoughts exactly: you look like a Goddess.
Happy Hair Anniversary.
Your hair is so awesome, I think your's is the first blunt hemline I'm just completely bowled over by.
Incredible.

hairgoals
March 22nd, 2012, 09:05 PM

Mommyof4
March 22nd, 2012, 09:12 PM
wow! amazing length!

bahoban
March 22nd, 2012, 09:38 PM
wooooowwww sooo beautiful!!!! congratz!

jc10event
March 22nd, 2012, 10:24 PM
Happy anniversary:) . Your hair is perfect, write to those very well maintained ends. I hope mine looks as nice six months from now when it reaches that same length. :D

Lucky
March 23rd, 2012, 02:25 AM
Amazing hair! Happy anniversary!

-j-
March 23rd, 2012, 03:50 AM
The first post was posted back in 2010.

Igor´s hair is (was?) amazing, sometimes I wonder if she has left LHC completely since I haven´t seen her posts anymore :(

Ishje
March 23rd, 2012, 04:21 AM
your hair looks great, I have the ponytail thingy too, therefore I usually use one of those big clips.
not that they are great for hair, but at least I don't get a weird dent XD

Neneka
March 23rd, 2012, 04:34 AM
The first post was posted back in 2010.

Igor&#180;s hair is (was?) amazing, sometimes I wonder if she has left LHC completely since I haven&#180;t seen her posts anymore :(

She isn't a member here anymore and probably she is not coming back here. She will very likely see these new posts though. And yes, her hair is amazing. :)

Little_Bird
March 23rd, 2012, 07:13 AM
Happy Annyversary Igor! Your hair is one of the most beautiful of LHC to me :) It's great to see you reaching knee lenght! :flower:

I'm so silly, I just realized this was an old topic. I also wonder why she left =/ Regardless, beautiful hair and beautiful girl :)

ladyshep
March 23rd, 2012, 07:56 AM
You and I look like twins!! Hair color and length!
Wow your hair grows fast! Mine took 13 years from a long pixie, but you were shaven! Beautiful growth! Congrats!!!!!!

ladyshep
March 23rd, 2012, 07:59 AM
HOw do these old threads just pop up out of nowhere. LOL I always feel stupid after I post and then figure out that it is OLD! Beautiful hair nonetheless.

vintage88
March 23rd, 2012, 08:04 AM
Stunning!http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/images/editor/separator.gif

spoonshine
March 23rd, 2012, 10:54 AM
If you google 'igor long hair' you should find her blog as the 5th result. Her hair continues to look amazing. :)

pgw
March 23rd, 2012, 11:03 AM
I'm laughing since Igor has been gone almost a year and here she is on the first page of the Mane board again. She did one of the most dramatic flounces I've ever seen. :lol:

beautifulending
March 24th, 2012, 02:06 AM
congratulations your hair is lovely.

jeanniet
March 24th, 2012, 02:18 AM
She won't be coming back because she closed her account, and the rule is one account only.

gthlvrmx
March 24th, 2012, 08:15 PM
well isnt it 10 years now? her hair still looks amazing :D