PDA

View Full Version : PICS! Anniversary (a bit early)

eezepeeze
December 22nd, 2010, 09:33 PM
Hi, all! I noticed that in January it will be my one year anniversary on the LHC! What a fabulous community this is! I have learned so much and have "grown" so much in my knowledge of correct hair care and techniques. So, keeping with tradition, I have posted several pics. First, will be some
progress pics and then will be some style pics of things I learned during this first year.
January 2010 First Hair Pic--Oiled, Thinner, and VERY dry
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad299/curlygurl_album/101_0011.jpg?t=1293078410

July 2010: Midback, still very dry, but healthier

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad299/curlygurl_album/101_0066-1.jpg?t=1293077971
December 2010 27 inches curly, 33 pulled straight; no longer dry, now shiny and healthy
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad299/curlygurl_album/101_0122_00.jpg?t=1293078525
Same as above only pulled straight to show I've met my goal of waist!!!! Thank you LHC!!!!!
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad299/curlygurl_album/101_0123.jpg?t=1293078525

I've gone from 20 inches (curly) to 27 curly inches and 33 inches total lenght. From just shy of BSL to waist. From dry straw-like hair to bouncy shiny curls and healthy hair. All in a year!! Thank you LHC!!

Olyve
December 22nd, 2010, 09:35 PM
LOVE your curls!! Your hair looks happier. :cheese:

Vani1902
December 22nd, 2010, 09:37 PM
Congrats. :)
Your curls are gorgeous!

Dark Rosaleen
December 22nd, 2010, 09:40 PM
Very pretty hair. I love the curls.

eezepeeze
December 22nd, 2010, 09:46 PM
And here are some of the styles I have learned during this year. Some are more protective than others; some were just for fun :)
Vining Rose Bun--my go to style these days
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad299/curlygurl_album/101_0077-1.jpg?t=1293078525

Fancy Regency Pony--very fun, and always gets lots of comments
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad299/curlygurl_album/101_0072-1.jpg?t=1293079163

Loepsie's Ribbon braid--LOVE this for the summer!
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad299/curlygurl_album/101_0068-1.jpg?t=1293079377

Torrin's Elizabethan Hair Taping--Another go to style, especially now that my hair is long enough to cross over in the front. I prefer pinning this up with goodhairdays pins, instead of ribbon when I want to look more professional.
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad299/curlygurl_album/101_0062.jpg?t=1293079479

These were some of the styles I would NEVER have learned without the help of LHC. Thanks again!!!:cheese:

eezepeeze
December 22nd, 2010, 09:48 PM
Wow! You guys are quick draws on the reply button!!! Thank you for all the compliments and congratulations!!

pepperminttea
December 22nd, 2010, 10:01 PM
Your curls have really come out to play, and they are gorgeous - happy anniversary! :cheer:

Tia2010
December 22nd, 2010, 10:09 PM
Great progress ! :cheese: Your hair looks very healthy and I love the Regency pony!

little_cherry
December 22nd, 2010, 10:21 PM
Amazing hair! :) Those curls are just so pretty!

McFearless
December 22nd, 2010, 10:38 PM
Your hair grows REALLY fast! Congrats :)

christine1989
December 22nd, 2010, 10:59 PM
Your hair not only looks much longer but in better health overall. The before and after pics don't even look like the same hair! :)

ArienEllariel
December 22nd, 2010, 11:12 PM
Wow! You've made such great progress!

Btw, I think we have the same piano and light. lol! What type of piano do you have? (Mine's a wurlitzer)

ericthegreat
December 22nd, 2010, 11:42 PM
Wow! The difference over these past months is amazing! Your hair clearly became much healthier and more moisturized as evidenced by the smoother curls you have in the second and third pics. Congratulations on your almost one year anniversary.

maus
December 22nd, 2010, 11:54 PM
Your hair is gorgeous, and I love your hairstyles! Congratulations, and happy anniversary!

LissaJane
December 23rd, 2010, 12:04 AM
Happy anniversary!
That's some progress :)

Ana-Laura
December 23rd, 2010, 12:06 AM
Happy anniversary! You have amazing curls!:)

triumphator!
December 23rd, 2010, 12:26 AM
Wow your curls have come out in full force! Congrats to you!! :)

Shellby
December 23rd, 2010, 12:30 AM
So pretty! Those curls of yours are awesome.

kiwiipop
December 23rd, 2010, 12:41 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful, I dream of the day my hair will be that long! :)

Fadedbluedreams
December 23rd, 2010, 01:02 AM
Looking great!

StarryNight
December 23rd, 2010, 01:05 AM
Your hair is so beautiful! I love your curls!! Congratulations, I am happy for you !!!

Dragon
December 23rd, 2010, 01:09 AM
Great progress, congrats :)

leslissocool
December 23rd, 2010, 01:16 AM
Yay :cheese:

Your hair shines with all it's strength!!! I am so happy for you!

Loreley
December 23rd, 2010, 01:30 AM
Congrats! Beautiful curls! :)

eezepeeze
December 23rd, 2010, 09:06 AM
@christine1989--Wow! Thanks! Yes, my hair started out very dry, and the curls were ill-defined.

eezepeeze
December 23rd, 2010, 09:08 AM
Wow! You've made such great progress!

Btw, I think we have the same piano and light. lol! What type of piano do you have? (Mine's a wurlitzer)

Yes, mine is a Wurlitzer, too! That's funny!

eezepeeze
December 23rd, 2010, 09:10 AM
If only I could figure out how to multi-quote!! Thanks you all for your congratulatory comments and compliments!! I can't believe how much healthier my hair has gotten since I've been a member here. The length is great, too. My hair really started taking a growth spurt the last couple of months. Maybe I'm going to be a winter grower?

Thank you all again! :-)

Henrietta
December 23rd, 2010, 09:29 AM
Your hair is so shiny! :) Congrats and happy anniversary :)

Capybara
December 23rd, 2010, 09:31 AM
Your curls are gorgeous! And wow, what talent with updos :) Congratulations!

Intransigentia
December 23rd, 2010, 09:33 AM
Wow. Curls, shine, health, colour, everything is looking so good!

CastaDiva
December 23rd, 2010, 09:45 AM
Awesome curls and beautiful colour:) Congratulations on your progress:applause

yellowchariot
December 23rd, 2010, 10:37 AM
And here are some of the styles I have learned during this year. Some are more protective than others; some were just for fun :)
Vining Rose Bun--my go to style these days

Fancy Regency Pony--very fun, and always gets lots of comments

Loepsie's Ribbon braid--LOVE this for the summer!

Torrin's Elizabethan Hair Taping--Another go to style, especially now that my hair is long enough to cross over in the front. I prefer pinning this up with goodhairdays pins, instead of ribbon when I want to look more professional.

These were some of the styles I would NEVER have learned without the help of LHC. Thanks again!!!:cheese:

^ WOW@ those pics, eezepeeze!!

Congratulations on your anniversary! Your hair has progressed tremendously! Your braids and do's look very awesome! I'm giving you 2 thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup: May you have many more anniversaries!

eezepeeze
December 23rd, 2010, 10:53 AM
^ WOW@ those pics, eezepeeze!!

Congratulations on your anniversary! Your hair has progressed tremendously! Your braids and do's look very awesome! I'm giving you 2 thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup: May have you many more anniversaries!

Aww, yellowchariot, thank you! What sweet comments :-) I am looking forward to my next anniversary, to see the changes that take place in the next year. With eveyone's input, things can only improve, I think :)

Valdeon
December 23rd, 2010, 10:56 AM
You rock those styles and your hair transformation is truly inspiring!

yellowchariot
December 23rd, 2010, 10:57 AM
Aww, yellowchariot, thank you! What sweet comments :-) I am looking forward to my next anniversary, to see the changes that take place in the next year. With eveyone's input, things can only improve, I think :)

You're welcome eezepeeze, I meant to type out "May you have" instead of "May have you" hahah, I'm starting to sound like Yoda. :D

eezepeeze
December 23rd, 2010, 11:07 AM
You're welcome eezepeeze, I meant to type out "May you have" instead of "May have you" hahah, I'm starting to sound like Yoda. :D

No big deal it is. Knew what you meant I did. :cheese:

eezepeeze
December 23rd, 2010, 11:17 AM
You rock those styles and your hair transformation is truly inspiring!

Thank you!! When I'm stressed out, bored, wanting to relax, etc. I practice braids and updos. My arms are much stronger than they used to be :p

mrs_coffee
December 23rd, 2010, 11:43 AM
Wow, the difference in the appearance of your hair is remarkable! It looks so pretty and shiny now. I love your curls.

Ishje
December 23rd, 2010, 11:45 AM
you have gorgeous hair! such pretty curls!

bunzfan
December 23rd, 2010, 11:52 AM
The difference in your hair is just amazing the curls look beautiful now, and your have had some great growth to.

Avital88
December 23rd, 2010, 11:57 AM
Lovely curls! So how did you do this??where you heatstyling before or using alot of shampoo or..?

spidermom
December 23rd, 2010, 12:34 PM
Well grown; congratulations!

Yozhik
December 23rd, 2010, 12:41 PM
Happy anniversary!

I'm watching your vining rose video now -- I really like that hairstyle! :)

Also, to multiquote, look to the bottom right corner of each post. There's a button that says "quote," then a second one that says "quote +" (and a third one that says "reply," but that's irrelevant). You want to hit the "quote +" button, which, after you've clicked it, will show up as "quote -" and click on all subsequent quotes you wish to cite. I hope that's helpful!

eezepeeze
December 23rd, 2010, 01:03 PM
Lovely curls! So how did you do this??where you heatstyling before or using alot of shampoo or..?

The answer is yes, yes, and yes :)

I think I was still growing out a lot of damage from when I had straightened my hair chemicaly about 3 years before. During that time, I heat styled almost every day; plus, after the straighter grew out, I heat styled with a curling iron to make big waves every day. I used a "normal" amount of shampoo and conditioner, and fairly harsh styling products. I also swam in chlorinated water without rinsing it out, didn't use any oils, brushed my hair from top to bottom with a brush while wet, etc. Pretty much every wrong thing, except didn't brush out my curls when dry.

After finding this site, I started using coconut oil before every wash, and sometimes on the ends in between. I still use SLS shampoo (only much less) and coney conditioner and styling products, because that's what works for my hair. I no longer heat style AT ALL, don't ever use a brush, only a wide tooth comb, use a leave in conditioner on top of all my other oil/cond, etc.

I wear my hair up most days to proctect the fragile ends from breakage. My hair gets split ends really easily, so I S&D regularly to keep the damage at bay.

Recently, I switched from coconut to olive oil and have seen DRAMATIC results in the level of dryness. The coconut oil did a great job, but the olive oil does and awesome job. I really can't believe what a difference a change in oils made.

These are the products I'm currently using, in no particular order:

V05 shampoo and cond., various flavors
EVOO, whatever is on sale
Infusium 23 leave in cond.
John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength (purple bottle)
Herbal Essences Curl Enhancing Gel

I also plop/plunk my hair if I am going to wear it down. I have a video on youtube on how to plop, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBgAZRmrR3k

And on oiling, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL5JhJe6Lnc

The only difference is that I now use olive oil, instead of coconut oil.
That's about it! :cheese:

thatjengirl1
December 25th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Wow great progress!
it's so great looking at progress pics :)

lupiae
December 27th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Your hair grow pretty fast: considering that are curly the lenght increased a lot

growing2shine
December 27th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Congratulations! And amazing progress! Your hair looks so much healthier now!
Happy growing! :cheer:

PurpleAshes
December 27th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Yous hair has improved beautifully, congratulations! :D

jojo
December 27th, 2010, 09:44 AM
excellent progress, love your curls and shine, and your at hip when stretched not waist!

utdesertrunner
December 27th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Ahhh....your curls are just lovely! Nice updo's too! Way to go on the gained length and improved condition :)

eezepeeze
December 27th, 2010, 09:25 PM
excellent progress, love your curls and shine, and your at hip when stretched not waist!

Do you think so??? I always have trouble distinguishing exactly where my waist ends and the hips start.

Wow, that would be so cool if I hit hip!!

:cheese:

eezepeeze
December 27th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Thank you, everyone, for your congrats!! I am so excited at the transformation I've seen in my hair since being here. YAY for LHC!!

triumphator!
December 27th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I love watching the curlies' dramatic changes. :)

Congrats on a year and beautiful hair!

JuneBride
December 27th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Your hair is stunning!!! What is your routine?? I don't have curly hair but I tens to get dry hair! What stentors secrets? What oils do you like? What a growth rate! Congrats on you anniversary! Very inspirational-thank you!!!!

eezepeeze
December 27th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Your hair is stunning!!! What is your routine?? I don't have curly hair but I tens to get dry hair! What stentors secrets? What oils do you like? What a growth rate! Congrats on you anniversary! Very inspirational-thank you!!!!

After finding this site, I started using coconut oil before every wash, and sometimes on the ends in between. I still use SLS shampoo (only much less) and coney conditioner and styling products, because that's what works for my hair. I no longer heat style AT ALL, don't ever use a brush, only a wide tooth comb, use a leave in conditioner on top of all my other oil/cond, etc.

I wear my hair up most days to proctect the fragile ends from breakage. My hair gets split ends really easily, so I S&D regularly to keep the damage at bay.

Recently, I switched from coconut to olive oil and have seen DRAMATIC results in the level of dryness. The coconut oil did a great job, but the olive oil does and awesome job. I really can't believe what a difference a change in oils made.

These are the products I'm currently using, in no particular order:

V05 shampoo and cond., various flavors
EVOO, whatever is on sale
Infusium 23 leave in cond.
John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength (purple bottle)
Herbal Essences Curl Enhancing Gel

I also plop/plunk my hair if I am going to wear it down. I have a video on youtube on how to plop, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBgAZRmrR3k

And on oiling, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL5JhJe6Lnc

The only difference is that I now use olive oil, instead of coconut oil.
That's about it! :cheese:

Look! I learned how to multiquote finally! Thanks, yozhik!

@ JuneBride: I posted this on page 4 of this thread, but thought it would be more convenient to re-quote it here. My hair is a lot healthier than it was before LHC. I'm not sure if my hair is growing that much faster or if it simply isn't breaking off so much. I think the next year should reveal some insight on that. I have gained a lot of length this year, though, so I hope it keeps it up! My last "official" hair cut was shortly before the first picture in the OP.

Hope you found that helpful!

jojo
December 28th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Do you think so??? I always have trouble distinguishing exactly where my waist ends and the hips start.

Wow, that would be so cool if I hit hip!!

:cheese:

definitely hip stretched on that last photo this is cause for dancing cheeses if ever there was cause :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

fairystar32
December 28th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Happy Anniversary, your hair is stunning xxxx

tinti
December 28th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Wow, your hair looks so healthy and happy now! Love your curls :)

Shicurls
December 28th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!!! I absolutely love your curls and I'm now off to try EVOO in my hair now! :lol: