PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

Darkhorse1
December 22nd, 2010, 08:54 PM
Hey all,
I've noticed some lovely artwork of ladies with long hair in your avatars. I'm curious to know where to find these? I tend to do searches, but find the same pictures and was wondering what you used to find these. Any links would be great.

Madora
December 22nd, 2010, 09:37 PM
I don't have any links but if you do a google image search on Franz Xavier Winterhalter you'll probably come up with several of his portraits of Empress Elizabeth of Austria with her fabulous hair.
Winterhalter also did a magnificent long haired portrait of Mme. Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakoff that I adore.

Arthur Rackham also painted long haired lovelies, as did Dante Gabriel Rossetti.

John Waterhouse painted several long haired girls. His "Windflowers" painting is especially lovely.

Alix Berenzy (I think that's how you spell it) did beautiful illustrations for "Rapunzel" several years ago.

Uni&Corn
December 22nd, 2010, 09:50 PM
Madora, thank you for the list of names! All of these paintings are so lovey :) They inspire me to keep growing my hair!

Madora
December 22nd, 2010, 09:55 PM
You're very welcome, Uni&Corn! I adore the portraits of Franz Winterhalter.

Madora
December 23rd, 2010, 08:55 AM
More suggestions forhttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dLSVgS5AxBI/SwqENgt-V0I/AAAAAAAAmf8/aAXNbZetYYg/s1600/Girlbraidedhair_BurneJones.jpg long haired pictures:

If the above link doesn't work, google image search for Edward Burne-Jones "Girl with Braided Hair"

Other hair art pics you can google image search:

Frank Dicksee's "La Belle Dame Sans Merci"
John Everett Millais "The Bride" and "The Martyr of
Solway Firth" and "Esther"
William Waterhouse "Marianna in the South"

and also The Lady of Shalott was painted by several Victorian artists.

Gustave Courbet painted "Jo, la Belle Irlandais", an oil portrait of a beautiful Irish girl with gorgeous red hair.

Masara
December 24th, 2010, 02:07 AM
As Madora has suggested, if you search for pre-raphaelite paintings, you will find some lovely long haired art. The problem ends up being you don't know which one to choose.