PDA

View Full Version : Renaissance Festival Hair Braiding (Pic Heavy)

Kaya
December 22nd, 2010, 01:33 PM
This community has totally sucked me in! 2nd post in a day. I must be going crazy! :crazyq: Good crazy though. :)
Anyways, I thought I would share my awesome experience with hair braiding at a local ren fest. I figured you lovely people might appreciate it.

This is just a shot of my red-highlighted hair before braiding. My best friend wanted to see. Second time I ever dyed my hair. That is my Gryphon, Weasley, on my shoulder.
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/356/b/2/ren_fest_hair_before_braiding_by_560_tatertot-d35fe9a.jpg

Getting Started
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/356/2/1/ren_fest_braiding_by_560_tatertot-d35fez4.jpg

Whoops, I blinked! :) The DH was taking the photos. I chose to get two frenchs with a heart bun in back. They had an album of braids to choose from. Unfortunately my hair wasn't long enough at the time to do the braid I orignally wanted. Next year though...
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/356/5/a/braiding_by_560_tatertot-d35ff8o.jpg

Working on the bun. By the way, the lovely ladies who did the braiding are so very nice!
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/356/5/5/heart_shaped_bun_by_560_tatertot-d35ffg2.jpg

All done! I loved how they gave you a choice of flowers and colors. Such a whimsical touch.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/356/c/7/ren_fest_braid_all_done_by_560_tatertot-d35ffrj.jpg

Rats! I didn't realize I was limited to the number of images I could post. Well, if you want to see some close up shots of the finished braid, let me know, and I'll do a separate post.

Rennire
December 22nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
Beautiful hair and Beautiful braids! =)

EmiliaF
December 22nd, 2010, 01:39 PM
Really cool! :)

bunzfan
December 22nd, 2010, 01:45 PM
Thats a beautiful braided updo.

skaempfer
December 22nd, 2010, 01:49 PM
It's so even! Lovely.

triumphator!
December 22nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
Ooo! That looks like so much fun!

Also, tell us about your gryphon?

Becky Safari
December 22nd, 2010, 02:05 PM
That looks so perfectly done wow

jesis
December 22nd, 2010, 02:15 PM
I, too, would like to hear about the gryphon! :D

And your braids look wonderful. So nice to have you on the forums.

MissCharizard
December 22nd, 2010, 02:22 PM
I really want to go to a Ren faire but my boyfriend would make fun of me to no end!

vanity_acefake
December 22nd, 2010, 02:49 PM
Absolutely beautiful. And what a lovely sunny day. How I long for a hot sunny day again.

Kaya
December 22nd, 2010, 03:21 PM
Thank you all! :blushing:

And for everyone who is curious...Weasley is my Gryphon Woodbaby puppet. (Google it and you will find the website.) I bought him on my first visit to the festival. He was sorta of an impulse buy, but he turned out to be a great little companion. He just sits on my shoulder and keep an eye on everything. Wealsey is the strong but silent type! :gabigrin:
Though the cutest response he ever got was when the DH told me that a little girl saw him and asked if he was real. :)

Jessica Trapp
December 22nd, 2010, 03:33 PM
Beautiful!

fairy_ends_girl
December 22nd, 2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks so much for sharing these pics! i wish i were there! Looks like lots of fun!

sarahbrownie
December 22nd, 2010, 06:08 PM
Those are beautiful braids! I am so envious of this talent!

angelthadiva
December 22nd, 2010, 06:19 PM
Cute braids and that explains why the pet is so well behaved :)

tinker bug
December 22nd, 2010, 06:33 PM
I'd love to see close ups!! They look so professional from the sides; the braiders did an amazing job. Isn't it fun to have someone else play with your hair :) ? Weasley is such a cutie too c:

constantki
December 22nd, 2010, 06:41 PM
Wow, it looks really well done and very lovely

Kaya
December 22nd, 2010, 07:43 PM
I really want to go to a Ren faire but my boyfriend would make fun of me to no end!

If I may be so bold, I'd say go anyways! They are too much fun to pass up! :grin: Not to mention the hair braiding!!!! :joy:

Arctic_Mama
December 22nd, 2010, 07:44 PM
I wish I could get my French braids so even and tight on myself, it's a little less difficult on another person.

Your hair looks great, there's few things more fun at a ren faire than shoppin and braiding ;)

Kaya
December 22nd, 2010, 07:48 PM
I'd love to see close ups!! They look so professional from the sides; the braiders did an amazing job. Isn't it fun to have someone else play with your hair :) ? Weasley is such a cutie too c:

I posted a second thread with the up-close shots. Oh yes, it was a lot of fun to have someone else play with my hair. (And I wasn't even a member of LHC back then either.)
I'm so going back next year and my hair is going to be significantly longer! I can't wait to see what braids I can get! :cheese:

Henrietta
December 23rd, 2010, 09:56 AM
2nd post in a day?:) Just don't look at my average number of posts per day. I can write up to 30:D:D:D Yes, this is an addiction ;]

I love this braid! It's so even and the added strands are so small, so it looks very advanced:)