PDA

View Full Version : Compliment on headgear

Alvrodul
December 22nd, 2010, 10:47 AM
I was sitting on the Metro, when a man, who had just got on, started talking to me about my winter bonnet, and how much he liked it! (I bought the bonnet from Plainly Dressed (http://www.plainlydressed.com/index.html)) I am fairly used to people noticing my bonnet, but that was the first time someone has actually commented on it! :D
I told him a bit about it - where I bought it, how much I liked it, and how it has room for my hair. I did not mention how it keeps my ears warm, which is also very important to me after two bouts of ear infection this autumn! :(

tinti
December 22nd, 2010, 11:00 AM
Ah maybe I'll buy one too, I've struggled with ear infections since April. It's nice when people compliments you out of thin air like that :)

HairFaerie
December 22nd, 2010, 11:01 AM
I live in Northeastern Ohio and those are actually quite common where I live but are usually only worn by Amish or Mennonite women.

The ones with the neck flaps look really warm, especially if they are made of wool!

eezepeeze
December 23rd, 2010, 07:20 PM
I've seen those on that website and wondered if they were comfortable. Are they scratchy on the skin?

nowxisxforever
December 23rd, 2010, 10:39 PM
I love bonnets! I wish I could wear one without feeling out-of-place. We don't really have any amish or mennonites out here, so I don't think I've ever seen someone wear one. :eye:

Vani1902
December 23rd, 2010, 10:43 PM
I love bonnets! I wish I could wear one without feeling out-of-place. We don't really have any amish or mennonites out here, so I don't think I've ever seen someone wear one. :eye:
I wish I could wear one too. But, I live in Florida and I would definitely be out of place. My mom would probably want to have a talk with me. lol
Those bonnets are so cute and look so comfy. I am tempted to order one.