PDA

View Full Version : The less you brush your hair, the more hair you shed?

Dreamkitty
December 22nd, 2010, 04:41 AM
:o Ive been pretty lazy brushing my hair this week. I would just brush it once, do a plait and thats it. Or I would brush just morning and night.

Ive noticed when I do this, the next day there is more hair shedding as opposed to when I brush/comb my hair frequently throughout the day.

Is this a bad thing? is it bad for my hair to brush very little?

Monsterkitti
December 22nd, 2010, 04:44 AM
The hair is most likely just getting caught in your plait that you would have brushed out during the day so when you do comb it your getting those hairs too.
I shed what seems like a lot but I do think it mainly because I wear it up so theres no chance for hairs to escape apart from when I detangle.

2peasinapod
December 22nd, 2010, 05:56 AM
Yes, it's just the hairs getting caught and not brushed out. I've been combing my hair everyday recently, and I feel like I've been shedding a lot. But then I realized that I normally just detangle it once and put it up.

When I comb regularly, I shed more frequently, but there are less shed hairs. When I don't, I shed less often, but there are more hairs.

thatjengirl1
December 25th, 2010, 02:01 AM
I agree with MonsterKitti.

When you don't brush as often...and then you finally do..you will have more strands coming out that were loose in your updo.
it seems like your shedding, but your really not. those loose hairs just havent been able to escape until you brushed it.

Btw, it's best to comb your hair not brush. it's worked wonders for me. i dont think i'll go back to brush ever again!

Of course you may like brush better or brush works best for you, but just thought i'd give you a tip :)

Juneii
December 25th, 2010, 02:09 AM
I think it's the other way around, too much brushing can encourage more hair to fall out (at least I noticed it for my hair). It may not seem like a lot of hair if you periodically brush your hair throughout the day but it adds up.
Brushing does stimulate blood flow to the scalp, if you do scalp massages so it doesn't pull on the hair it will help strengthen your hair follicles.