PDA

View Full Version : First trim in 6 months i cut it myself (pics)

bunzfan
December 22nd, 2010, 03:14 AM
As i am doing the no trim till Dec 2011 i decided i should give my hair a trim as it has already gone 7 months without a trim(no splits just dry ends)

I tried the cutting it yourself method i think it looks loads better as the hemline looks a lot thicker as i evened it up, but i am missing my length what do you guys think?

Before cut
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/emmerline1/P101205001.jpg

After cut
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/emmerline1/P101222003.jpg
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/emmerline1/P101222004.jpg

Barniie
December 22nd, 2010, 03:21 AM
well done! nice and even

bunzfan
December 22nd, 2010, 03:24 AM
well done! nice and even

Thank you i think i cut to much off as i am a perfectionist about getting things like that just right.

StarryNight
December 22nd, 2010, 03:28 AM
I like it. I think your hemline was ok before, but I am a big fan of blunt hemlines, so I love it now, lol. Good job!

bunzfan
December 22nd, 2010, 03:37 AM
Thank you starrynight i love blunt hemlines to and it will be easier when braiding now as my layers are nearly at the bottom of braids after cutting,

Dragon
December 22nd, 2010, 03:40 AM
You did a great job :)

Night_Kitten
December 22nd, 2010, 04:43 AM
You did a great job trimming
Your hemline looks very full and even :)

2peasinapod
December 22nd, 2010, 05:58 AM
Great job! Your hemline looks so blunt and full. Very even, too!

Ana-Laura
December 22nd, 2010, 06:10 AM
It looks really good. You have beautiful hair!!

nereida
December 22nd, 2010, 06:16 AM
Wow girl, you are so brave :D Well done!

LaurelSpring
December 22nd, 2010, 06:40 AM
Thank you i think i cut to much off as i am a perfectionist about getting things like that just right.

This is the problem I had to contend with when I started doing self trims. I kept taking just a bit more to even it up! Now when I trim I just do one (maybe two) tiny dusting swipes and then put the scissors away!!!

bunzfan
December 22nd, 2010, 08:27 AM
Wow girl, you are so brave :D Well done!

Haha that made me laugh i used to be a hairdresser but its a bit different cutting your own hair...so thank you :)

bunzfan
December 22nd, 2010, 08:29 AM
This is the problem I had to contend with when I started doing self trims. I kept taking just a bit more to even it up! Now when I trim I just do one (maybe two) tiny dusting swipes and then put the scissors away!!!

I think i need to take a leaf out of your book least it looks even now that's what i was worried about.

spidermom
December 22nd, 2010, 08:41 AM
You really did a terrific job! Congrats.

curlymarcia
December 22nd, 2010, 08:59 AM
It looks good now, but even the before was nice. Your hair is amazing!!

triumphator!
December 22nd, 2010, 09:36 AM
No I think that's a great starting point! It looks good. Here's to one year of no trimming :)

Love23101
December 22nd, 2010, 09:37 AM
Your hair looks great :)

bunzfan
December 22nd, 2010, 10:00 AM
It looks good now, but even the before was nice. Your hair is amazing!!

Oh my what a compliment and i think if it was straight it would make life so much easier:)

No I think that's a great starting point! It looks good. Here's to one year of no trimming :)

That's what i thought if i give my hair a fresh start as i was already getting fairytale ends.

Your hair looks great :)

Thank you

You really did a terrific job! Congrats.

Thanks Spidermom i guess that hairdressing training came in handy but its not as easy cutting your own hair....braiding will be easier now the layers are near the ends :)

jojo
December 22nd, 2010, 10:11 AM
Its a perfect trim and I see no difference in the length.

bunzfan
December 22nd, 2010, 11:00 AM
Its a perfect trim and I see no difference in the length.

That really made me grin Jojo :D

sibiryachka
December 22nd, 2010, 11:06 AM
I'll be trying self-trimming in January, after no trims in 2010. Your results are MOST encouraging; thanks for sharing! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

tinti
December 22nd, 2010, 11:06 AM
Wow, great job! I wish I was brave enough to do that... maybe when my layers are mostly gone :lol:

bunzfan
December 22nd, 2010, 11:14 AM
I'll be trying self-trimming in January, after no trims in 2010. Your results are MOST encouraging; thanks for sharing! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

You can do it its easy really you start by putting your hair in pigtails this is how i did it http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/2156.html#cutid1 its actually quite easy.

Wow, great job! I wish I was brave enough to do that... maybe when my layers are mostly gone :lol:

I was going to do the same as you as i desperately want to reach waist but by my layers being nearing one length it makes growing it so much easier.

Alvrodul
December 22nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
Excellent job!
I self-trimmed for the first time myself in the end of October, and I am definitely going to do so again!
I am not going to join the "no trims in 2011" challenge - my hair (at least the ends - there still remains some chemical damage there!) is sure to act up if I do! But I am definitely going to try to keep my trims short and few - in addition to S&Ding.

Avital88
December 22nd, 2010, 12:09 PM
Well done!! you did awesome!
Im too scared to try it myself.
A blunt hemline is the most beautiful hemline i think..

bunzfan
December 22nd, 2010, 01:20 PM
Well done!! you did awesome!
Im too scared to try it myself.
A blunt hemline is the most beautiful hemline i think..

The way i started was to take hardly any of at all but then i thought wouldn't look better if..... it was evened up ever more for a blunt look lol :)

Henrietta
December 23rd, 2010, 09:59 AM
Great job! It will regrow faster than you would think:) My hair always grows faster after a trim. And yours is so nice and even now! Enjoy it :)

Avital88
December 23rd, 2010, 10:26 AM
The way i started was to take hardly any of at all but then i thought wouldn't look better if..... it was evened up ever more for a blunt look lol :)

I might try it too, my ends are rattails,:(

yellowchariot
December 23rd, 2010, 10:32 AM
bunzfan, I agree with everyone here, who said that you did a really excellent job! Your hair looks healthy to me! I wouldn't even know how to go about trimming/cutting my own hair! :D

Also 6 months is about my average 1" trim that I go in to see my stylist for. I'll be due for one in May or June.

bunzfan
December 23rd, 2010, 11:20 AM
Great job! It will regrow faster than you would think:) My hair always grows faster after a trim. And yours is so nice and even now! Enjoy it :)

Thanks for the nice compliment on my trim being even that is what i was most worried about

bunzfan, I agree with everyone here, who said that you did a really excellent job! Your hair looks healthy to me! I wouldn't even know how to go about trimming/cutting my own hair! :D

Also 6 months is about my average 1" trim that I go in to see my stylist for. I'll be due for one in May or June.

Thanks yellowchariot :) its a lot easier than you would imagine but i think wavy hair can hide any mistakes a lot easier than straighter hair. I'm so glad i did decide to cut now as my braids appear so much thicker.[/COLOR]

naushin83
December 23rd, 2010, 06:11 PM
looks voluminous n thick :)
great work !!

bunzfan
December 24th, 2010, 10:31 AM
looks voluminous n thick :)
great work !!

Thank you very much its so much easier braiding now the ends aren't so thin :D