PDA

View Full Version : Please Read!

BeccaAngel
December 21st, 2010, 07:07 PM
i have a few questions i been needing to have answered, kind of important to know because i don't wanna freak out for nothing.
1. are those little short hairs that stick out sometimes after i comb my hair, new growth or breakage?

2. i have some strands that are like little curly strands but most of my hair is wavyish straight, Not curly. is that normal?

3. my ends always look kinda dry but they dont feel dry, why is that?

:) ty for any help.

Darkhorse1
December 21st, 2010, 07:17 PM
Hi there:
To answer your questions:
1: those hairs you see when brushing are probably both--broken hairs and new hair growth--hair doesn't grow evenly--each strand has it's own growth stage/rate

2. hair can wave/curl depending on a style too--such as braiding hair will kink the hair or putting it up when wet. Or, it could just be your hair-- My hair will be spiral curled at the front/sides and then be wavy elsewhere and then dead straight.

3. Ends of your hair are the oldest, hence they will look fadded due to age and time--as time goes on, the ends of your hair are the oldest and have most likely been stripped of moisture, which can make it look dry or dull, but can still feel soft.

Hope that helps :)

BeccaAngel
December 21st, 2010, 07:23 PM
Hi there:
To answer your questions:
1: those hairs you see when brushing are probably both--broken hairs and new hair growth--hair doesn't grow evenly--each strand has it's own growth stage/rate

2. hair can wave/curl depending on a style too--such as braiding hair will kink the hair or putting it up when wet. Or, it could just be your hair-- My hair will be spiral curled at the front/sides and then be wavy elsewhere and then dead straight.

3. Ends of your hair are the oldest, hence they will look fadded due to age and time--as time goes on, the ends of your hair are the oldest and have most likely been stripped of moisture, which can make it look dry or dull, but can still feel soft.

Hope that helps :)

thank you very much for helping me out :blossom:

Darkhorse1
December 21st, 2010, 07:28 PM
:) Welcome to LHC--it's a GREAT place.

Lianna
December 21st, 2010, 10:35 PM
1. are those little short hairs that stick out sometimes after i comb my hair, new growth or breakage?

Look at the ends, if looks "wispy" it's probably new growth.

2. i have some strands that are like little curly strands but most of my hair is wavyish straight, Not curly. is that normal?

Mixed textures are normal. I have 1a and 3a going on. :D

3. my ends always look kinda dry but they dont feel dry, why is that?

Since you have curls/waves some get out of place and looks like frizz/dry hair. I use to have this a lot too, a light oiling helps, just a drop or two on the ends.