PDA

View Full Version : Different but I NEED both

BeccaAngel
December 21st, 2010, 03:58 PM
I was wondering if I could combine my Aloe vera and Ginseng conditioner with my Almond and Shea butter conditioner. The Aloe and Ginseng is for volume and the Almond and Shea is for moisture. Both work for what they are for, but the aloe and ginseng isn't as moisturizing as i need for my hair like the almond and shea. i would like to have volume and moisture. Any thoughts on this? :)

Lemur_Catta
December 21st, 2010, 04:02 PM
Maybe you could CWC, and use almond and shea butter as your first C, and aloe vera and ginseng as your second C?

Lianna
December 21st, 2010, 08:18 PM
I have mixed different conditioners before with no ill effects. I don't see why it could be bad, but I could be wrong.

myria
December 21st, 2010, 08:33 PM
I don't see why not, I've mixed the end of one bottle with the start of another before with no problems, even with different brands. I think it would be fine though you might have to add a drop of essential oil to it if the scents don't go together well.

jaine
December 21st, 2010, 09:59 PM
I also mix different conditioners, or mix them with shampoo to dilute it.

may1em
December 21st, 2010, 10:23 PM
Or just concentrate the more moisturizing one on the ends.

BeccaAngel
December 22nd, 2010, 12:27 PM
thanks for the tips

BeccaAngel
December 23rd, 2010, 10:16 AM
:blossom: Well i tried it out today and so far I'm liking the results, its soft and moisturized like i want it and there is a bit of volume but not as much as it would be if i used the aloe/ginseng by itself (maybe the almond shea butter is stronger than the aloe/ginseng). shall i continue doing it this way? well i will see when its completely dry from the washing and conditioning.:)

BeccaAngel
December 23rd, 2010, 11:09 AM
a look at my results

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx114/annalevion/1DSC00797.jpg

jaine
December 23rd, 2010, 11:16 AM
It looks pretty and shiny!! Your hair looks very healthy to me. I like may1em's suggestion of using the heavier conditioner on the tips only; at your length it might be easier to do that on dry hair so you can see clearly where the tips are.

BeccaAngel
December 23rd, 2010, 11:22 AM
It looks pretty and shiny!! Your hair looks very healthy to me. I like may1em's suggestion of using the heavier conditioner on the tips only; at your length it might be easier to do that on dry hair so you can see clearly where the tips are.

well thank you, i usually soak everything, from root to tip in conditioner. leave no strand behind... :)