PDA

View Full Version : Small growth/ damage victory today

SpeakingEZ
December 21st, 2010, 01:08 PM
So when I started my journey towards healthy hair, I had a halo of hair. The entire top layer was broken and raggity at around the length that it would have been put into a pony-tail ( waitress damage).

This morning, I'm finger-combing my hair and I pull out the lock that's at the very back and sulk that it's still so much shorter than the rest, that the ends are so damaged. Then I hold it flat against my head as it would be in a pony and realize that it's grown about 5 inches past where the elastic would be.

:cheese: I have a huzzah!

shockinglength
December 21st, 2010, 01:27 PM
Hurrah! Could you S&D the bad ends?

BrightEyes7
December 21st, 2010, 01:33 PM
Yay!! I know what you mean. I had a lot of short hairs all throughout the crown from damage when I first came to LHC. I now am proud to say most of it has grown out! My hair is mostly damage free.

I know your excitment... but guess what... there is more to come!! Congrats and happy growing!!

SpeakingEZ
December 21st, 2010, 03:44 PM
Hurrah! Could you S&D the bad ends?

They're not split at all, just velcro-y and rough. I don't want to trim them anymore unless they're split, though, since they're still so much shorter than the rest of my hair and I'm not a fan of layers.

Yay!! I know what you mean. I had a lot of short hairs all throughout the crown from damage when I first came to LHC. I now am proud to say most of it has grown out! My hair is mostly damage free.

Congrats! I can't wait until mine gets there, too. Thanks for the encouragement!

BeccaAngel
December 21st, 2010, 03:51 PM
Congratz on your smaller amount of damage, I am currently taking care of mine the best that I can.

cataphract
December 21st, 2010, 03:57 PM
Horay!!! Grats on the victory!!

Nightshade
December 22nd, 2010, 07:13 AM
Congratulations :D That's fantastic!

I grew out a head of immensely damaged hair, it's a long process, but so worth it.