PDA

View Full Version : A Big Rant, and some questions.

April1
June 4th, 2008, 08:40 PM
OK, Sorry about this, but I must get it off my chest.

I went to my hairdresser today, who is quite UN-like normal hairdressers -she does as I ask, she uses undamaging hair colours on my hair, and above all she has been my trichologist for the past few years, as I have a rare hair condition, and she understands it and knows HOW to cut my hair that best suits it because of the stupid hair condition.

Anyway, I got to my, as usual, pre-booked appointment, which, mind you, takes me nearly an hour to get to. And I am told by the lady at the desk that she doesnt work here any more, and that she only does after hours at her home visits.:thud:

Now, yes I am angry because I had just travelled so bloody far, but really, I do know that when she does ring me (Ive just got home), she will be extreamely appologetic as Im sure Ive only been accidentaly overlooked.

Now for my questions: Because of what just happened, I freaked out a bit about the fact that if I loose this hairdresser, or she moves even further away from me, that Im going to have to find someone else to trim my hair (im sure we all know how difficult that can be). If my hair was long and one length, I would have no hessitation to start cutting it myself, but because its still short and nearly no layers, I think doing that would be impossible. Does anyone else here have the same length hair as me and cuts it themselves. Oh and Im sooo worried about colouring now. I like the idea of henna but think its so confusing, and simply just too messy and unpredictable. So I would like to know if anyone knows of any natural hair colours on the market. I could just leave my hair and grow it without trimming for some time, but unfortunatelly I have the kind of hair that gets dry and must be cut regularly or it starts to split.

Please leave some comments, I feel better after all that but still feel worried. Thanks.

magicatt
June 4th, 2008, 10:51 PM
I'm sorry but I don't have a good answers for you. I just wanted to say that I know how hard it is to find a good hairdresser and how terrible it is when they move away/leave the salon you saw them in/or generally fall of the face of the earth. I think that's totally panic-worthy. Hopefully your feeling better now and you can work through some of your concerns. Maybe someone else will chime in with some better answers for you.

Angellen
June 4th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Unfortunately I don't have any good suggestions, but I wanted to come in and give you a hug. :grouphug:

If it turns out that your hairdresser is no longer accessible to you, perhaps you could ask her to suggest someone that might be able to work with your hair in a suitable manner. She might know people who are trustworthy and could at least point you in the right direction.

I do hope it works out for the best, though. Good hairdressers are hard to find.

Isilme
June 5th, 2008, 12:41 AM
oh, I'm sorry. But I just wanted to say that henna doesn't have to be complicated, just mix the powder with water, let sit until you see dye release. Apply. Henna only deposits colour, it give a red "varnish" over your natural haircolour (well, orange in some lights and before oxidation) If you can, get some henna, read about it and go ahead strand testing with shed hair!:)