PDA

View Full Version : Hair Drying Problems.

09robiha
December 21st, 2010, 05:52 AM
( Partially posted from another forum)

....my hair does dry. AT. ALL. and it is the most frustating thing ever!” I cant go to college or work with my hair down and lovley looking because it wouldnt have dried in time so I wear it up everyday and I hate it. Absolutly hate it. I know its protective but I am maintaining at the moment and would love to wear it down more whilst I am trimming more regularly and taking off any damage.

It sounds daft but my hair is a huge part of my self esteem and makes me feel like me! and I want to wear it down….any ideas as to how to get my hair dry? I have tried diffusing and was sat there for 45 mintues before giving up…it still took nearly 8 hours. Felt like a damaged my hair for nothing.

I squeeze out water after I wash with a doubled over curlease then plop (would I be better with a curls like us?), have tried putting in gel half way through the drying process (smasters method) so I would have less water in my hair… and whilst that looked great it left me with crunchy ends that wouldnt dry and that just looked awful.

I have tried cutting down layers on my products (I use a leave in, a curl creme and a gel/kccc) but I need the three otherwise curl is more like wave. I have tried the ‘spritz and condish’ method and this has helped some. My hair likes it and I do it wear I can but its not pratical every day. I would have to get up at 5 to do it.

I am truly frustrated. I dont have particulary thick hair with fine strands, its a few inches below bsl length (waist when wet or straight) and coloured with semi permanant colour (I gave up the permanant red) and therefore it is highly porous) do you think this is the problem? That is sucking up so much water and not letting it go?
I protein treat regularly (twice a week) and my hair loves it. I use rich products so I only have to use a small amout of them a therefore less product.
I am just at a loss and its getting me down. Its like everyone else can have nice pretty hair they can wear down but me
:( People keep saying just use a hairdryer but…I am and I am wary of overusing it.

Any help would be so so so appreciated!

DuckyDot
December 21st, 2010, 05:57 AM
Scrunching with a micro-fiber towel?! That's what I do. Sorry I can't be of much help. :(

Good Luck! :)

*Goes off to think* ...

Roscata
December 21st, 2010, 05:59 AM
I read that using a microfiber towel to rap your hair after washing, helps reduce drying time, especially with wavy/curly hair.

*edit* Plopping (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/to-plop-or-not-to-plop) your hair helps with curls definition and if you do it with a microfiber towel it supposedly reduces frizz as well.

Tabitha
December 21st, 2010, 06:23 AM
The moviestar/oil wash seemed to make my hair dry quicker. But honestly, if used sensibly, hair dryers are not "teh evil". Use on a low setting, point downwards along the hair shaft and keep the dryer moving and it will not destroy your hair.