PDA

View Full Version : My hair is... thick?

Clarisse
December 21st, 2010, 04:20 AM
I measured my hair about 2 years ago. My ponycircumference was... 6,5 cm. Not thin, but on the thinner side of normal thickness. I measured my hair again today. My hair has a tendency to ”poof” - it’s naturally very dry, and then it feels slightly tangly no matter how much I detangle, and every single hair feels drier and coarser in some way. This can show up when I measure my pony circumf., so I did some heavy conditioning and rinsed in cold water yesterday, to make sure my hair was as soft an flat tody as possible, so that I could get a good measurement. And my hair is... 10 cm in circumference, when measured as close to my scalp as possible. This is weird - my hair doesn’t feel thick at all. I do ”blame” the increased thickness on vitamins, silica, head massages, grown-out damage and increased protein in my diet (I’m a vegetarian and lacked protein badly before I started thinking about my diet). But even though my hair has improved, especially since joining LHC a little more than a year ago, it doesn’t feel thick. Not at all. Do any of you experience the same? Have hair that feels thin and measures in as thick? Having gained 3,5 cm in 2 years? Or is my measuring tape lying to me? I measured 3 times and with 2 different measuring tapes, just to be completely sure.

Tabitha
December 21st, 2010, 04:32 AM
Mine is just over 10cm and doesn't feel particularly thick either. Blowdrying and cones both make it feel and look and even measure sleeker. However, when it was shoulderlength I used to get teased for having "bushy hair" - the weight from it being longer definitely helps with that.

Karala
December 21st, 2010, 04:50 AM
My hair was 7.5cm thick when I joined, and I'm happy to say it's now 9.5cm :] but it does feel thicker, so we're not exactly in the same boat. Anyhow, it's sure possible, I don't think your measuring tape is lying to you, your hair is just thicker now. Congrats :D

ericthegreat
December 21st, 2010, 08:40 AM
I have a similar issue with my hair. I have the distinction of having hair that is both silky and straight in texture but also very thick. I have A LOT of hair, and I mean A LOT of hair. But because my hair is also straight, it flattens out the look of my overall head of hair so it hides the true thickness. I often get mistaken for having fine hair, when in truth its the exact opposite.

But from what I see of your photos Clarisse, your hair has always looked very full to me. I love your avatar, where you have the full, volumous waves coming down past your shoulders. Maybe now since you've been taking care of it even better than before, it has grow to it fullest potential. :)