PDA

View Full Version : I donated my hair (PICS)

Capybara
December 20th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Not all of it, but a lot!

If you haven't already, I'd appreciate you reading this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=81928) blog post. Thank you to everyone who was so encouraging! I knew I would do this for the past three years, and have no regrets. It's refreshing - I forgot what blunt ends felt like. I hope my small sacrifice will help someone who needs it more than I do!

Well, I know my writing isn't particularly interesting (:P) so, on to the pictures!

I have a few pre-cut shots I'd like to share with you. I took these as documentation of my pre-cut length:

The Length:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6866&pictureid=91207

I thought it was funny that I could sit on my hair (even though I wasn't at classic length - I guess I just have a funny body shape!)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6866&pictureid=91206

And a fun shot, just because:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6866&pictureid=91208

Aaaaand finally, the cut!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6866&pictureid=91209

I have face framing layers and bangs in the front, but the back is a blunt v (is that even such a thing? I have it, anyways :) ) It is a bit, er, lopsided in the picture - but I guarantee it isn't in real life!

I'm happy with my decision. It was amazing to grow my hair almost to goal (so close!), and I'm looking forward to doing it again. I'm so glad I decided to donate my hair a second time. I'm not sure whether I'll focus on growth for a few months - I'd like to enjoy my hair as it is. I can't stop flipping my head around. Head banging is going to be a cinch now!

Thank you for reading! :flowers:

kschr2004
December 20th, 2010, 09:29 PM
It looks so beautiful! Both before and after. :)

I donated to Pantene Beautiful Lengths last year and am glad that I did it. Though I probably won't do it again because my hair is all colored and hiding more gray now. Yay for you, donating twice to such a good cause! :cheese:

Capybara
December 20th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Thank you so much! Good for you too - it feels great, doesn't it :)

KittyLost
December 21st, 2010, 02:14 AM
I love the blunt cut, your hair looks great long and a bit shorter.

Well done for donating, it's good to know that you've made a difference :)

milagro
December 21st, 2010, 02:21 AM
Both before and after look great :flower:
And big kudos for donation!

Dragon
December 21st, 2010, 02:31 AM
I am glad you are happy with it and both the before and after picks looks great :)

christine1989
December 21st, 2010, 02:37 AM
It looks fantastic both before and after! :)

Avital88
December 21st, 2010, 02:55 AM
You have amazing hair, the blunt cut is something i want to tryy too but i dont have the balls to do it:)

Capybara
December 21st, 2010, 04:05 AM
Thank you all for being so supportive!

Avital88, I'd definitely suggest trying a blunt cut at least once. Or maybe trimming over time to achieve a blunt cut. There's something really nice about it - the ends of my hair feel like a puffy foundation brush now! :D

Karala
December 21st, 2010, 04:42 AM
- the ends of my hair feel like a puffy foundation brush now! :D

lol, I can imagine exactly what that would feel like ! I can only hope that one day I can say the same thing about my ends... Good for you !

Nae
December 21st, 2010, 04:57 AM
Wow the new blunt cut looks crazy full at the bottom. It is just gorgeous Capybara and going to a good cause!

Sometimes I wonder what to do once I hit my goal. It will be so exciting but I love the journey so much so I understand.

Eolan
December 21st, 2010, 05:00 AM
Your hair looks gorgeous before and after and I admire you for donating your hair! Such a wonderful gift!

nereida
December 21st, 2010, 05:02 AM
Why can't I see these pictures? :(

sophiamarie
December 21st, 2010, 06:54 AM
I love it! The blunt ends are still my most favorite look. Can't wait until I can get mine to look that way!

Capybara
December 21st, 2010, 06:55 AM
Thank you all! Nae, to me, the journey is the best part :D Experiencing different lengths of hair, being surprised at how much it's grown, etc. is what I like best about growing my hair!

lol, I can imagine exactly what that would feel like ! I can only hope that one day I can say the same thing about my ends... Good for you !

I think your ends look great! Mine were beginning to fairytale before the cut, so it's a bit of an adjustment to put it up now! The upside, though, is that I can wear a ponytail now!

Nereida, the pictures are in my album. I think you have to have 25 posts to view them. Only a few more to go :)

Cupofmilk
December 21st, 2010, 07:45 AM
That;s roughly what I did last year - classic ish to BSL. I am already back to nearly hip in one year. I didn't donate my hair beacuse Ihad dyed it about 5 year ago and the ends were dyed. I burnt mine on the fire

bluesnowflake
December 21st, 2010, 08:08 AM
Very pretty! And that's a wonderful thing to do- I don't think I could work up the courage, so congrats!

pepperminttea
December 21st, 2010, 08:32 AM
That's amazing, good for you! :D

BeccaAngel
December 21st, 2010, 08:39 AM
nice very nice, looks good.

ericthegreat
December 21st, 2010, 08:43 AM
You are very brave to be able to donate that much hair! But at least it went to a good cause, and it sounds like it was something that you were happy to do so I am also happy for you.

Your hair was gorgeous before, and its still gorgeous even now. I love your new very thick, blunt ends. This new length looks good on you as well, I'm glad you love your new cut!

triumphator!
December 21st, 2010, 09:01 AM
Why can't I see these pictures? :(
You have to have 25 posts to be able to see pictures. Check it out here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1657)!

Good for you Capybara, both classic and bsl length hair look marvelous on you :)

sanfen
December 21st, 2010, 09:14 AM
I can't see the pics yet (don't have my 25 posts in yet) but I wanted to say how great your donating your hair is. Very cool.

I have a friend who is in her mid 40s who has an incredible head of hair - very dark brown (with hardly any grays (although I am sure gray hair is welcomed as well!) and very full and bouncy. She grows it to just past BSL or so and then cuts to shoulder length to donate it and starts all over again. SHe's been doing this as long as I've known her (over 13 years)

restourceful
December 21st, 2010, 09:15 AM
Capybara, your new cut looks so great! I love your blunt V, and I hope I can get my deep V with layers to look that good with little trims. Your kindness for others in donating your hair is a noble thing. You should be proud! And to have done it twice is twice as nice. :) I saw your blog when you made your plan and I'm glad to see the results. Bravo! :applause: Beautiful!

Clarisse
December 21st, 2010, 09:26 AM
I really admire those ends! They really show of the thickness of your hair.

Lilacs
December 21st, 2010, 10:32 AM
That's awesome! Your hair looks fantastic! :D

CurlyTresses
December 21st, 2010, 11:35 AM
Congratulations, your hair is beautiful before and after the cut. :)

KLin
December 21st, 2010, 11:44 AM
Congratulations.
I have donated my hair twice, each time when I have reached my waist. This time, well I wanted to let it grow. I am hoping to get to hip this year. ;) I love the growing with a goal to donate.

Your hair is beautiful and so healthy looking at both stages. Enjoy your new cut.

Pixna
December 21st, 2010, 11:53 AM
Kudos to you for making such a big decision! Your hair looks wonderfully healthy now (I'd love to see those face-framing layers and bangs, though, too!). I'm sure your head must feel so "light" and free. Did you decide where you are going to make the donation?

Valdeon
December 21st, 2010, 12:16 PM
I absolutely adore your blunt haircut!
And what you did is a truly noble thing. Enjoy your new hair :)

share801
December 21st, 2010, 12:33 PM
Glad you didn't cut it too drastically. I thought it might be a pixie.

nena_shawty
December 21st, 2010, 01:33 PM
you have beautiful hair looks lovely

Shadow Walker
December 21st, 2010, 02:40 PM
Good for you for donating. I will miss your long, gorgeous hair though.

Madora
December 21st, 2010, 02:46 PM
CAPYBARA, what a wonderful gesture! Your hair still looks fantastic and I wish you a wonderful journey as you start the journey over.

little_acorn
December 21st, 2010, 02:47 PM
Well done CAPYBARA :cheer: I'm so glad you are happy and the before and after photos are awesome!

Enjoy your regrowth journey :D

Capybara
December 21st, 2010, 03:21 PM
Good for you for donating. I will miss your long, gorgeous hair though.

Thank you. The great thing about hair is that it grows back :)

Congratulations.
I have donated my hair twice, each time when I have reached my waist. This time, well I wanted to let it grow. I am hoping to get to hip this year. ;) I love the growing with a goal to donate.

Your hair is beautiful and so healthy looking at both stages. Enjoy your new cut.

Thank you! This was my second time too, but I donated a lot more this time - I had a lot more to give I guess!

Kudos to you for making such a big decision! Your hair looks wonderfully healthy now (I'd love to see those face-framing layers and bangs, though, too!). I'm sure your head must feel so "light" and free. Did you decide where you are going to make the donation?

Ooh, I'll definitely take some pictures later tonight! Thank you for reminding me :) I think the front is my favourite part :D

Glad you didn't cut it too drastically. I thought it might be a pixie.

No worries! I contemplated it - I know a few women who look absolutely fantastic with pixies - but decided that I didn't have the right face shape for it.

I was out all day today, in the rain, doing last minute preparations for Christmas, and my hair does not have a single tangle! Not one! It was down the whole time too! I have GOT to learn more buns that work with this length hair :o

foggybrooke
December 21st, 2010, 05:18 PM
You are an inspiration to me! I love your hair (the before and after) and I appreciate your advice, kind words and overall hair attitude!

Capybara
December 21st, 2010, 06:56 PM
Pixna, I realized I didn't answer your question! So sorry! I've decided to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths again.

Pixna
December 22nd, 2010, 06:17 AM
Pixna, I realized I didn't answer your question! So sorry! I've decided to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths again.

I'm glad you found a charitable organization you feel comfortable with and have confidence in. Let me know when you take pics of your frontal layers and fringe! :)

McFearless
December 22nd, 2010, 11:40 PM
What an amazing thing to do! You're awesome. I love love love your new haircut. Your hair looks so healthy and thick. Do you plan on growing it out that long again?

Ryanne
December 23rd, 2010, 01:56 AM
Glad you're happy with the cut. Wonderful gesture.

Uni&Corn
December 23rd, 2010, 02:40 AM
Wow, that's so brave of you! I hope mine will get long enough to donate someday :)

Capybara
December 23rd, 2010, 06:56 AM
I finally got the pictures from the front! :flower:

With Flash:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6866&pictureid=91373

Without Flash:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6866&pictureid=91374

ericthegreat
December 23rd, 2010, 07:01 AM
Oh wow.........................I have to say Capybara you really are a beautiful young woman. :)

I love the new cut. Is that your natural color as well, I see lots of honey blonde streaks around your face!

Pixna
December 23rd, 2010, 07:17 AM
LOVE it!! :heartbeat So cute on you (and what amazing eyes you have, too)!!

Bonkers57
December 23rd, 2010, 07:56 AM
Way to go, Capybara! :cheese: Your ends look super - I very much prefer blunt ends. And for a worthy cause, too!

babybabycat
December 23rd, 2010, 09:10 AM
Congrats to you. Someone out there will be so lucky to have your donated hair. Both pictures look amazing. Not only did you give your hair, but you shared such an amazing story of kindness and giving.

You are beautiful inside & out!!

Capybara
December 23rd, 2010, 09:22 AM
Oh wow.........................I have to say Capybara you really are a beautiful young woman. :)

I love the new cut. Is that your natural color as well, I see lots of honey blonde streaks around your face!

Thank you ericthegreat *blushing* The colour is all natural. It does lighten a bit in the summer due to the sun, so I guess that could be considered a "changed" hair colour, but I haven't dyed my hair for 7 years.

Congrats to you. Someone out there will be so lucky to have your donated hair. Both pictures look amazing. Not only did you give your hair, but you shared such an amazing story of kindness and giving.

You are beautiful inside & out!!
Oh this brought tears to my eyes! Thank you :)

Henrietta
December 23rd, 2010, 09:33 AM
You're brave:) And, having read the blog entry, I can say I like your attitude, the fact that you like the growing process, not only having long hair.

Demetrue
December 23rd, 2010, 09:41 AM
Wow - your hair still looks long and more beautiful than ever!

lupiae
December 27th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Capybara, your choice is brave.
Have devided to cut your hair only to donate or have you decided before to cut and then to donate? Sorry for my bad english. I mean, the choice was to donate o to change look?

And finally: are you going to groit it again?

Jessica Trapp
December 27th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Both the before and after photos are beautiful!

Sunny_side_up
December 27th, 2010, 08:59 AM
What a lovely thing to do, you are such a sweetheart capybara! Your hair looked beautiful before the cut and after looks so healthy and beautiful still. :flower:

Veer666
January 3rd, 2011, 03:28 PM
Wow! Good initiative to donate! You've even donated twice!

I am thinking of donating my hair at the moment. But I would like to wait untill about classic lenght, so I would be able to keep some lenght for myself, just like your lenght after the cut.

I heard I could also donate my old hair. I still have a (35 cm) ponytail from about 15 years ago stored. This is all virgin hair! So now I remember what my original colour was ;)

Capybara
January 5th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Capybara, your choice is brave.
Have devided to cut your hair only to donate or have you decided before to cut and then to donate? Sorry for my bad english. I mean, the choice was to donate o to change look?

And finally: are you going to groit it again?

I decided to donate my hair before I cut it :) I guess the style change is an added bonus! I am most definitely growing my hair out again. I may, though, maintain at bsl for a little while, or take my time growing. I'm enjoying this length, the updo's and buns I can do are completely different than those I could do with tailbone length hair! It makes the journey so interesting.

Thank you sunny_side_up and Jessica_Trapp! :flowers: You're both so kind!

Thanks veer666! I have heard of people donating old ponytails like that, too, that's so cool that you can do that! :)

lupiae
January 6th, 2011, 05:06 AM
Capybara, thanks for the answer.

When you will start to grow it again, which will be your goal?

CastaDiva
January 6th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Gorgeous hair, both before and after, and you also have a beautiful hair color:)

princess03
February 19th, 2011, 11:06 AM
thats wonderful of you!