PDA

View Full Version : Wearing fake bangs while you grow your real ones out?

kschr2004
December 20th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I am thinking about growing out my bangs. But I want to try to avoid the awkward stage of pinning them back, because I have a pretty big forehead and pinning them back looks different than having long hair all around my face.

So I decided to buy fake clip in bangs to see whether I can wear them through the growing out stage:

http://www.voguewigs.com/bangs-hairdo-clip-in-hair-extensions.html

Has anyone ever used clip in bangs like these before? My thoughts would be that I would pin my real bangs back, and then put this on top of my real hair, during the initial growing out phases.

SpeakingEZ
December 20th, 2010, 07:50 PM
I don't understand, why grow out your bangs if you don't like your look without them?

Coriander
December 20th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Ok. I love this. I can't grow bangs because I have a cowlick smack in the middle of my forehead, but I love this idea.

Going to get some when I can afford it. I say GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joiekimochi
December 20th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Even if you grew your bangs out, your forehead will still be exposed?

kschr2004
December 20th, 2010, 08:01 PM
I don't understand, why grow out your bangs if you don't like your look without them?

I like my look without them once they are grown out. Just not while they are in the growing out phase. I was looking at old pictures without my bangs recently, and I think I looked pretty good with a center part and an all one length, about shoulder bob. Keep in mind that my hair is covering both sides of my face some in that situation.

If I grow them out, and I have to pin them back all the time, I will be exposing my entire forehead. I realize that I might still be doing that when I wear updos too, but I will deal with that later, if I get to that point. :)

Not sure if this explanation helps any?

shawty
December 20th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Don't know how well they'd actually work, but they look awesome on the site!

kschr2004
December 20th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Here are pictures to help everyone see how I look with bangs vs. how I looked without. Ignore the difference in hair color, the bangs pic is recent and the no bangs pic is from about 10 years ago (and also before I discovered Crest Whitestrips! ;)).

Me with bangs:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2400&pictureid=86603

Without bangs:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2400&pictureid=91201

Keep in mind that my hair wouldn't be that short if I grew my bangs out now. :)

ddiana1979
December 20th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Wow, that's brilliant!

(Dammit, I just got my bangs cut yesterday.)

ETA: Please report back if you try them. I'm very interested in how they turn out. Thanks!

Arya
December 20th, 2010, 09:05 PM
You could just pin them to the side, with a deep part. that way they'd still cover your forehead.
Those bang things are cute, too bad they never come in copper. They might be fun for a change.

kschr2004
December 20th, 2010, 09:07 PM
You could just pin them to the side, with a deep part. that way they'd still cover your forehead.
Those bang things are cute, too bad they never come in copper. They might be fun for a change.

Thanks, I think that would definitely work once I get them to a good length. Right now, my bangs are just past my eyebrows, so I have a ways to go before I can get a good deep part with them. :)

Lianna
December 20th, 2010, 09:22 PM
The idea sounds nice, but synthetic hair is really shiny and obvious.

kschr2004
December 20th, 2010, 09:30 PM
The idea sounds nice, but synthetic hair is really shiny and obvious.

Yep, I figured it was cheap enough to see what it would look like. If I don't like it, I am not out that much money.

Lianna
December 20th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Baby powder helps to cut some shine.

Shimmy
December 27th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Post pics when you can! I'd love to see them.

Lianna
December 27th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I ended up buying some too. This is a pic from ebay.

http://seller119us.com/oahio/pink/bang/HS1_v103.jpg

Click to view large.

ETA: It's not the same bangs though.

jesis
December 27th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I am growing my bangs out, they are between my nose and mouth right now, and I've never had to pin them back! Others might be different, but I just left them the way the were when they were short and then they started hanging out with the rest of my hair eventually!

:)

adiapalic
December 27th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Hmm, this is a really cool idea! I've always wanted to know what I'd look like with bangs. I'd never want it to be permanent though... I might try this out just to see what I look like! :bluebiggr

kschr2004
December 27th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Post pics when you can! I'd love to see them.

Will do. I haven't gotten them yet, but they are on the way!

Blackfay
December 28th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I thought this was a fabulous idea, since I have such a love-hate relationship with my bangs. I just got mine in now (the Hairdo by Jessica Simpson ones) and I like them!

I got the glazed strawberry blonde, which is not quite as orange as most of my hair, but is close enough I don't think it matters much. (My hair is a mishmash of darker strawberry blonde roots, henna'd ends, and bleached/pinkish/henna'd bits.)

It is a bit shinier than my actual hair, but not by much. I could either cone my hair or baby powder the clip in and it would be fine. The clips are a bit tricky to attach - especially since my old bangs are now nose length, I haven't figured out the best way to get them out of the way. Twisting them back gives the clip in too much height, so I'll be experimenting. It has face framing layers on the sides which hit perfectly with my own layers.

I'll post pics later when I can get them in properly.

**Edit: Pics in my album!! They're a bit long, and I still need to figure out the best way to put them in without poofing over my old bangs. But they're comfortable and very...sturdy? I just shook my head around and they didn't budge.

MNoelH
December 28th, 2010, 04:38 PM
This is such a cool idea. I remember watching Beauty and the Geek several years ago and I swore that one of the girls must have been using something like this for her bangs one day and apparently all very long bangs the next.

How clever!

I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

kschr2004
December 28th, 2010, 06:48 PM
**Edit: Pics in my album!! They're a bit long, and I still need to figure out the best way to put them in without poofing over my old bangs. But they're comfortable and very...sturdy? I just shook my head around and they didn't budge.

That looks really good on you. I can't see that much of a color difference in the picture at all.

Also, I got my fake bangs today, so I will have to try them on and post pictures shortly.

Barniie
December 28th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Have you tried them on? :)

kschr2004
December 28th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Have you tried them on? :)

I think the color is a bit too light to match my current hair color. But since my current color is dyed darker than my natural color, it should lighten up in the next couple of months. Then it will probably match better. Plus, if I try the baby powder trick, maybe it will darken the fake bangs a bit too.

So here are pics. Right now my real bangs are shorter than the fake ones, so I didn't even have to pin them back.

Today with my real bangs:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2400&pictureid=91747

Fake Bangs 1:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2400&pictureid=91748

Fake Bangs 2:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2400&pictureid=91749

Fake Bangs with the fringe pulled back in a ponytail:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2400&pictureid=91750

Not bad. I'm not at the point where I would have to use them yet, so I will see once my real bangs get a bit longer if I have a better color match at that time. Also, I'm not really sure if I like the poofiness of the fake ones, that might take a bit of getting used to, because my real bangs aren't cut back that far.

Coriander
December 28th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Going to order me some bangs tomorrow. I've been enabled. ;)

kschr2004
December 28th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Going to order me some bangs tomorrow. I've been enabled. ;)

Really? Did my pics help with that decision? :) And here I was thinking that they looked really bad....

Oh, and waiting for more action shots, now that you're buying some too. ;)

anthonyswife
December 28th, 2010, 10:23 PM
I love this idea! I completely understand where you're coming from, though my "bangs" are actually shoulder length now, because they're so curly they stick out at odd angles and do not look right at all...I can't wait for them to get longer.

I think this would also be a great idea for ladies who are thinking of getting bangs but aren't sure that they really want to make that leap.

Lianna
December 29th, 2010, 02:36 AM
kschr2004, they look amazing! :D I hope mine looks good too. :)

kschr2004
December 29th, 2010, 05:12 AM
kschr2004, they look amazing! :D I hope mine looks good too. :)

Thank you! I am sure that yours will look good. Probably better, since they are human hair. :)

McFearless
December 29th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Your don't have a big forehead :)

Coriander
January 5th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I received mine today!!!!!! :cheese:

And, they look amazing. I clipped them in real quick to see what they looked like. I'll take photos this afternoon when I actually DO something stylish with them. :D :D

calicokatt
January 5th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Subscribing because I'm dying to see corianders pics too. I have a cowlick that makes bangs a pain for me, but a high forehead which looks good with bangs..... I might have to gift myself some of these!

TinaDenali
January 5th, 2011, 01:38 PM
kschr2004, those bangs look great! From the pictures you shared, I can't even tell a color difference! They look very natural.

Sammich
January 5th, 2011, 01:41 PM
kschr2004, those bangs look great! From the pictures you shared, I can't even tell a color difference! They look very natural.

Agreed.
I'm excited to see coriander's pics! :D Come onnn! :D :o

claireozzy
January 5th, 2011, 01:49 PM
wow.,..I wish id known about these before i cut my hair to see if a fringe (bangs) suited me

Coriander
January 5th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Ok, so these are the "Hair Do" bangs inspired by Jessica Simpson. I ordered through Amazon, and they're from VogueWigs.

The color is light brown/chestnut. :)

ETA: The first un-banged (LOL) picture was taken with the flash, therefore the discrepancy in color. :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2409&pictureid=92500

TinaDenali
January 5th, 2011, 03:24 PM
:thud:

Gorgeous....!!! Love the look! You make me want to buy some......!!!!

ddiana1979
January 5th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Oh, those are hella cute, Blackfay! I'm getting some. I'm so tired of trying to deal with my cowlicks. Oh & Coriander too! The pictures didn't load at first.

Coriander
January 5th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I have a big fat cowlick in the middle of my forehead. These bangs are amazing.

Thanks ladies! :D

TinaDenali
January 5th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Yep, I've got a cowlick, too - I can't do bangs, either (unless I use a straightener and mass amounts of hair spray - which I'm not going to do!! :D ).

ddiana1979
January 5th, 2011, 03:56 PM
The VogueWigs website in the original post is offering a 3 strand rope braid headband through 1/31 if you purchase any "Hair Do" products (including the Jessica Simspon bangs).

ETA: The bangs are exactly the same price & have the same shipping price on Amazon.com, so YAY! for free headband (sadly, it comes in fewer colors, so you may not be able to get an exact match to your bangs).

calicokatt
January 5th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Positively love it!!

rena
January 5th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I just may consider this myself since it just so happens I now find myself fringless altogther...I was trying to do a little curling thing with a comb on my damp bangs and somehow the comb gets magically tangled beyond hope...And I had to chop them off to the roots...:wail:

einna
January 5th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Oh, really good idea! I almost always have a fringe, because they make my face look better. I have a long face, and I dont like my forehead :P But if I ever grow them out, I`ll have a "go to" in the growing out phase. Thanks for tips :D

Lostsoule77
January 5th, 2011, 05:05 PM
These look really cool. I might invest in one of these. I had bangs once and hated growing them out and my hair was only bsl then. I hate how severe updo's make my face and sometimes wish I had bangs to help soften my face. Now maybe I can. :) Thank you and hope these worked for you (I see the initial post was awhile ago.) :)

kschr2004
January 5th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Ok, so these are the "Hair Do" bangs inspired by Jessica Simpson. I ordered through Amazon, and they're from VogueWigs.

The color is light brown/chestnut. :)

ETA: The first un-banged (LOL) picture was taken with the flash, therefore the discrepancy in color. :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2409&pictureid=92500

These look so great on you! :D Very natural!

kschr2004
January 5th, 2011, 05:14 PM

Thank you for the compliment! :) I may try wearing them out soon.

Coriander
January 5th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Thanks kschr! Seriously, people on this board need to get commissions for the things we buy. LOL

ddiana1979
January 5th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Thank you for the compliment! :) I may try wearing them out soon.

Definitely wear them out! They look great on you & flatter your face!

kschr2004
January 5th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks kschr! Seriously, people on this board need to get commissions for the things we buy. LOL

Oh my goodness, yes! That would be great, given that I have been such a shopaholic lately! ;)

Definitely wear them out! They look great on you & flatter your face!

Thank you very much! :)