PDA

View Full Version : Input needed - 21 months at LHC

wahmof9
December 20th, 2010, 02:05 PM
My hair not only grows slowly but it is fine. I lost quite a bit last fall.

I also have layers that mostly stop where my hair is thinner.

I DO NOT want to cut it...it takes me too long to grow and it is healthy...

My dh says it does not look too thin...to me it does.

So here are my questions.....is it too thin?

Should I cut?

Are these fairy tail ends and does it mean I am almost terminal? This is the longest my hair has been in 30 years!!

http://www.fun-tea-party-ideas.com/images/LHC-18mo.jpg

bubblyredhead
December 20th, 2010, 02:14 PM
It does look pretty thin on the ends maybe it wouldn't look as thin if you cut half the thin length?

wahmof9
December 20th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Sigh....I was afraid you might say that. 2 years almost and so little growth... Will I ever get there?

BeccaAngel
December 20th, 2010, 02:27 PM
yea it just look kinda thin on the bottom, a trim should help.

jel
December 20th, 2010, 02:49 PM
I think only you can answer that question. Is your hair too thin for you? There are a lot of people on these boards with relatively thin hair that's long and beautiful. And thinner ends are usually easier to bun, at least at shorter lengths...

In my opinion, in your siggy your hair doesn't look too thin. In the third picture you posted it does - but that's because it's spread all over your back and shoulders. Bunch the ends together, and they will not look thin any more! :D

einna
December 20th, 2010, 04:01 PM
I think only you can answer that question. Is your hair too thin for you? There are a lot of people on these boards with relatively thin hair that's long and beautiful. And thinner ends are usually easier to bun, at least at shorter lengths...

In my opinion, in your siggy your hair doesn't look too thin. In the third picture you posted it does - but that's because it's spread all over your back and shoulders. Bunch the ends together, and they will not look thin any more! :D

What Jel said!

spidermom
December 20th, 2010, 04:06 PM
The only way I know to keep ends on the thicker side is to trim a small amount on a regular basis (example: -1/2 inch every 3-4 months). That holds the faster-growing hairs back so that slower-growing hairs can catch up. I see no reason to cut back, but I think it would be a good idea to maintain your current length for maybe six months, let some of that thickness grow down and catch up.

2peasinapod
December 20th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I agree that a trim might help, but I also think it doesn't look bad at all in the first two pictures. You could bunch it up as jel suggested. You could also wear your hair up or braid it. I think it looks good either way. I love your color and texture!

wahmof9
December 20th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks ladies! I think I will trim a bit tom. :( I appreciate your input

dropinthebucket
December 20th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Your hair looks really thick, not fine at all, to about APL. Whether you trim or not, eventually, all that hair will grow and look thicker further down! :)

wahmof9
December 21st, 2010, 03:04 PM
Cut about 1 1/2 inch so about 4 months of growth for me :( Dh did not notice but I sure do. The ends do look better now.

Thanks for the input.

Krentje
December 21st, 2010, 03:10 PM
Very brave Wahmof9! I hope you feel more confident about your hair now, it has a lovely shine.

spidermom
December 21st, 2010, 03:10 PM
Just keep it up every 3-4 months - just a little off, maybe 1/2 inch - and the ends won't thin out so much. Plus it's not as traumatic to lose 1/2 inch at a time like it is to lose more than an inch.

Tiina
December 21st, 2010, 03:12 PM
I completely agree with Spidermom. regular small trims thicken up the hemline faster than cutting the whole thin section off and waiting for it to grow back.

xoxophelia
December 21st, 2010, 03:16 PM
Have you considered going to the doctor to make sure there isn't anything else going on? It could just be genetics but if there is another issue it would be a shame to not know about it.

I agree with the small trims if what you really want is length and you are fine with updos. If you are like me though and prefer to wear your hair down all the time, I would cut back to the second picture as I think that would make me happiest.

Little_Bird
December 21st, 2010, 03:34 PM
I think you will miss your lenght if you cut it back. You said it yourself: you don't want to cut it.

It looks a little thin, but if it's healthy that's what matters. I suggest that you mantain the lenght for some months and see if it thickens out. I wish you luck, but please love your hair :flower: It looks pretty ^^

wahmof9
December 21st, 2010, 04:21 PM
Just keep it up every 3-4 months - just a little off, maybe 1/2 inch - and the ends won't thin out so much. Plus it's not as traumatic to lose 1/2 inch at a time like it is to lose more than an inch.
Great advice thanks!

wahmof9
December 21st, 2010, 04:21 PM
I think you will miss your lenght if you cut it back. You said it yourself: you don't want to cut it.

It looks a little thin, but if it's healthy that's what matters. I suggest that you mantain the lenght for some months and see if it thickens out. I wish you luck, but please love your hair :flower: It looks pretty ^^

Thank you!