PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever tried this before...?

rena
December 20th, 2010, 10:51 AM
I hope this doesn't sound too wierd...But since I know I cannnot possibly try everything I want on my whole head of hair all the time (since that would be horribly drying/time consuming/and the like) What I did was save a lock of my hair from my last cut and experiment on it instead.

Its actually helped me to find out how my hair reacts to certain things and what to avoid. As a result my (actual) hair feels much softer these days.

tinti
December 20th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Wow, that's so smart! Maybe I'll sneak a chunk of my hair next time I trim :)

cmnt831
December 20th, 2010, 11:20 AM
I have been collecting shed hairs for this very purpose. :D Does that make me vaguely creepy? :lol:

rena
December 20th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Wow, that's so smart! Maybe I'll sneak a chunk of my hair next time I trim :)

lol Thanks

rena
December 20th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I have been collecting shed hairs for this very purpose. :D Does that make me vaguely creepy? :lol:

Nope, just a true member of TLHC methinks haha :eyebrows:

Igor
December 20th, 2010, 11:37 AM

If collecting shed hair for experiments makes us vaguely creepy, then I think you can call half the community… Oh. Right. Never mind. :wannabe:

luxepiggy
December 20th, 2010, 12:40 PM

OMG. Why didn't all think of that? All that perfectly good hair, vacuumed up and thrown away! What was I thinking?! d'oh (>(oo)<)`

KittyLost
December 21st, 2010, 02:18 AM
What a good idea, I'll have to try this next time I trim my fringe I'll save a bit of hair.

Marjolein
December 21st, 2010, 03:08 AM
I did that when I got me some bangs :D. You should've seen the look on the hairdressers face :confused: :bigeyes: :rolleyes:.

2peasinapod
December 21st, 2010, 03:35 AM
That's a really good idea! You should always stand test, and I'm an vaguely creepy LHCer who uses shed hairs for this purpose! ;)

growing2shine
December 21st, 2010, 06:47 AM
I have two locks of hair in the bathroom. One that is my 100&#37; natural hair from before I started dying my hair, and a more resent one from when I cut my face framing layers into blunt bangs (which have been a lot of fun!). I use the resent one to test on too. It's really nice to do it that way, because I can avoid all the hairy disasters! :D

sophiamarie
December 21st, 2010, 06:51 AM
What a great idea! I love what I learn on this site!

rena
December 21st, 2010, 06:56 AM
I have two locks of hair in the bathroom. One that is my 100% natural hair from before I started dying my hair, and a more resent one from when I cut my face framing layers into blunt bangs (which have been a lot of fun!). I use the resent one to test on too. It's really nice to do it that way, because I can avoid all the hairy disasters! :D

Sooo true :cheese:
________