PDA

View Full Version : What is this!!??

Sophiawavyhair
December 20th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Ok I will try my best to describe it. My hair texture is medium, and I have wavy hair(sometimes fluffy) ... But I am finding a lot of hair strands that are very coarse, curly, and hard to break. Each hair has an alternate thick and thin area .... And a lot of them are short lenght. Baby growth or breakage. They look like frizz.

My hair has been bleached and flat ironed (currently growing out the damage). But I believe I have been dealing with these *weird* hair strands since I was 10.

What is this? Damage or just my hair type?? Also I can only find them on top of my head. My hair under(you know, close to the neck) is baby soft.

spidermom
December 20th, 2010, 10:36 AM
It's probably normal hair type variation. I've got hairs so fine I can barely see or feel them, also coarse, bumpy-feeling hairs. I have all colors, also.

GoddesJourney
December 20th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I think most of us get these. My hair is a bit straighter than yours but otherwise more or less the same. I think I started getting those funky hairs on the crown of my head around the same age you described. They can be frustrating as they seem to dry out faster and get frizzy/damaged easier than the rest of my hair. However, it also seems that they are most funky when they're first growing out. After about six inches they seem to straighten out a little more and become smoother. Honestly, they feel like they just weren't sure which direction they were growing in for awhile there. If I find one that is particularly troublesome (tangles with my other hair) I will just snip it off at the gnarliest area and let the rest of it just grow out. CO has done wonders for me since shampoo seems to dry these little guys out and frizz them to oblivion. Do not waste your time and money with "anti-frizz serum". I saw *zero* results.