PDA

View Full Version : Found a cute braid tutorial

bunzfan
December 20th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Hi guys while on you tube i found this great braided hairstyle its so unusual i think i will try it myself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjhyitmPFL0&feature=channel :)

Bianca
December 20th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Very cute. Have to try this on my littlesister - until my own hair is long enough :hmm:

Olafwa
December 20th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Ohh, very nice! Though, seems like a pain to do yourself. I have trouble enough with a regular french braid. It's really pretty, so I'll have to try it out. :cool:

bunzfan
December 20th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I like how the ponytail band is covered. I think i may just be able to do this one now :)

LaurelSpring
December 20th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I love that! Simple and very unique looking. I have a book on little girl's hair styles. Most of them are regular sorts of things but somethimes you run across things like this that you havent seen elsewhere and are really cute. I'll have to give this one a try.

Little_Bird
December 20th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I love this =O I gotta try it ^^

Avital88
December 20th, 2010, 09:54 AM
When i was 8 i always did this style on my barbie's hair! Cant wait untill my little girl grows out her hair and i can do all these cute styles on her.

Snow White
December 20th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Like someone esle said, I'm not sure I could do this well on mine, But I'd love to try on my daughter when she gets a bit bigger and her hair gets longer.

Torrin Paige
December 20th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Awesome! It's like a fishtail and a French mutated and had beautiful babies...that love to hug ponytails! Thanks for sharing...I was shocked that I wasn't subscribed...I have her web page bookmarked, but hadn't realized I'd not subscribed on YT. So double thanks!

Loreley
December 20th, 2010, 10:05 AM
It looks great! Thank you for sharing! :)

Valdeon
December 20th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Thank you for the link! This will be the next hairstyle I am trying out

GoddesJourney
December 20th, 2010, 10:46 AM
That looks fun! I think it would do well in keeping a ponytail from blowing around without being "just a braid".

bunzfan
December 20th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Awesome! It's like a fishtail and a French mutated and had beautiful babies...that love to hug ponytails! Thanks for sharing...I was shocked that I wasn't subscribed...I have her web page bookmarked, but hadn't realized I'd not subscribed on YT. So double thanks!

It dose look similar to the fishtail and would look fabulous in your hair...i have layers to battle with:mad: i just love your hair in braids they look beautiful so if you give it a go some pics would be great.

bunzfan
December 20th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I'm glad you ladies like it and if anyone tries it any pics would be great. If i can manage it with my layers i will post a picture, after my trim today my layers are nearly all one length so can try more braids:)

ravenreed
December 20th, 2010, 11:57 AM
It looks wonderful but I couldn't do it on my own hair. I just mastered a tidy french braid after a year of practicing.

katha
December 20th, 2010, 12:32 PM
That's really pretty! I love braids and I'll try and see if I can do this. :)

nereida
December 20th, 2010, 12:50 PM
I love this hairstyle! I was looking for it! Thanks :)

misstwist
December 20th, 2010, 01:46 PM
If you go to horse shows you will see tails braided like this sometimes. I've always admired it but had not even thought about how to replicate it.

Thanks for the link!

Night_Kitten
December 20th, 2010, 01:54 PM
It looks really nice, and much more complex than it really is...
I could definitely do this on someone else, but I don't know if I can manage to do it so nice and even on myself... Well, I guess I'll just have to try :)
Thanks for sharing :D

coppercurls
December 20th, 2010, 09:30 PM
That is a really pretty. Like others have said, I am not sure I could do it on my own hair though.

Arya
December 20th, 2010, 09:35 PM
It looked really cute, so I did mine like this today. It get's pretty loose the lower down the braid you get, but still very pretty. But it somehow exponentially increased my tangle rate. :( 8/10!

ddiana1979
December 20th, 2010, 10:07 PM
This is really pretty. It reminds me of how I braided my horse's tail for shows though. Almost identical look. ;)

If you go to horse shows you will see tails braided like this sometimes. I've always admired it but had not even thought about how to replicate it.

Thanks for the link!

On horses, it's just a simple French braid. Because they don't have hair on the undersides of their tails, you get the lattice look with a normal French braid. Very easy. But yeah, I'd never thought of a way to replicate the look in humans.

Uni&Corn
December 20th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Cute! I will try this out when my hair grows out...Until then, my friend's long hair will have to do, heehee

IcarusBride
December 20th, 2010, 11:11 PM
I love this youtube channel! It makes me wanna have lots of babies and do their hair, haha.
Actually though, I can do most of the styles on myself, they just don't look so perfect.

Vapunzel91
December 21st, 2010, 01:16 AM
So I watched the video, and I LOVE it! When I get someone to help (roommate or friend) this will be the first on my list to do!

Plus, I like that they actually have a website for easy braids. ^_^

bunzfan
December 21st, 2010, 11:42 AM
So I watched the video, and I LOVE it! When I get someone to help (roommate or friend) this will be the first on my list to do!

Plus, I like that they actually have a website for easy braids. ^_^

Its great that they have a website they even have hairstyles called daddy do's so dads can learn a easy hairstyle :-))

misstwist
December 21st, 2010, 12:10 PM
This is really pretty. It reminds me of how I braided my horse's tail for shows though. Almost identical look. ;)

On horses, it's just a simple French braid. Because they don't have hair on the undersides of their tails, you get the lattice look with a normal French braid. Very easy. But yeah, I'd never thought of a way to replicate the look in humans.

Aha. I see lots of horses in fair shows during the summer but don't have any myself.

Thanks for clarifying.

Snow White
December 21st, 2010, 12:13 PM
She does one called a waterfall braid that's neat, too. I think it'd work well on my daughter who's hair is almost armpit length.

cataphract
December 21st, 2010, 12:30 PM
How cute! I'll have to give it a try!

eezepeeze
December 23rd, 2010, 04:18 PM
It's when I see cute styles like this that I covet long, straight, blonde hair. The braid pattern just gets lost in my dark curls. I'm hoping to try it out on my niece's hair the next time she spends the night.

Masara
December 24th, 2010, 01:54 AM
I think I'll try this on my daughter. I don't think I'll get such a good effect because her hair is a lot finer than the girl in the video, plus she has a lot of taper which will detract from the effect.
Thanks for posting the link. I'm going to see what other styles she suggets.

bunzfan
December 24th, 2010, 02:34 AM
I think I'll try this on my daughter. I don't think I'll get such a good effect because her hair is a lot finer than the girl in the video, plus she has a lot of taper which will detract from the effect.
Thanks for posting the link. I'm going to see what other styles she suggets.

Your very welcome she has some great hairstyles for little girls hair...what a shame i only have boys:(

naushin83
December 24th, 2010, 10:22 AM
love this :D

thnx for da post

lupiae
December 27th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Interesting post

Timkerbelle
December 27th, 2010, 03:23 PM
It's really nice! Thanks for sharing.