PDA

View Full Version : Recovering from hand surgery...help!

Honestwitness
December 20th, 2010, 08:22 AM
I'm recovering from carpal tunnel surgery for the next few weeks and can't grip things or get my bandage wet for about another week. Hubby washed my hair for me yesterday. Bless his heart. But he's at work now and I have found I need two hands to do any kind of updo, including a ponytail. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

mireillemt
December 20th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Do you have a large clip? You could probably pull the side parts back with a clip using just one hand... that would at least keep it out of your face.

pepperminttea
December 20th, 2010, 08:36 AM
This thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=57872) might help. :)

The first thing that comes to mind is a cinnabun, and then back against a wall to hold it while you secure it with a clip.

Alvrodul
December 20th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I have a couple of snoods somewhere. If I was in the situation where I could use only one hand, I would probably stuff my hair into one of them. That's all I can think of!
I hope you will get better soon! :flowers:

Dragon
December 20th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I don’t have any suggestions but I wish you a fast recovery.

Honestwitness
December 20th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the link to the thread about the young woman with only one hand. What an inspiration.

I was able to do a low ponytail with a big scrunchie. I did gently use just the fingers of the wounded hand to assist. Thanks for all your thoughtful responses.

Honestwitness
December 20th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the link to the thread about the young woman with only one hand. What an inspiration.

I was able to do a low ponytail with a big scrunchie. I did gently use just the fingers of the wounded hand to assist. Thanks for all your thoughtful responses.