PDA

View Full Version : Proud of myself: huge trim!

MissMB
December 20th, 2010, 12:14 AM
So I finally got around to giving my hair a trim. I went in thinking of something like 4 - 5 inches based off the the damage and stringy-ness it was starting to develop. However the stylist talked me into just going ahead and doing 6 inches (I know, a whole year gone..). And I am 5'9 1/2" tall so it does take a long time to reach goals.

But I've gotta say I'm really proud of doing it, because now the ends are so nice and thick. What's the point of having long hair if it's not in the condition you want it to be in? I also wanted to ditch the u-shaped hemline only because my hair seems to be thinner on the sides.

Anyway, tell me what you think! I hope this is positive inspiration out there for people who feel like they may need to bite the bullet and get a big trim if they have sufficient damage. If I can do it I know you can. :)

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz343/ToyID/hairtrimbig2.jpg?t=1292828372

Dragon
December 20th, 2010, 12:18 AM
I am glad you are happy with it and it does look good :)

juliaxena
December 20th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Simply goregous!

Lianna
December 20th, 2010, 12:31 AM
It looks great, I'm glad you're happy with it. :flower:

Princess89
December 20th, 2010, 12:47 AM
It looks so much thicker! Just beautiful.

Patrice
December 20th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Your hair was already gorgeous, now it's amazing.
And I don't think, judging by the photo, you had thin ends.
If you can grow your hair back to the lenght is was, in the state it is now, it will be simply stunning...
Like the thickness and shinyness. Very, very, very lovely...

Elph
December 20th, 2010, 12:54 AM
That so does not look like 6 inches. It looks great - so much better then mine and I did the same thing only a couple of weeks ago.

caadam
December 20th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Looks great!
I really admire your length, too. *_*
That's my dream length.

thirstylocks
December 20th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Your hair is so full and vibrant! I love it.

terrylillyd
December 20th, 2010, 01:01 AM
The trim was definitely a good choice, your hair looks amazing! Your hair was lovely before, but the trim is VERY nice! Great job!

serious
December 20th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Absolutely gorgeous!

milagro
December 20th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Great hair :flower: and now it looks even thicker.

Eolan
December 20th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous! I love it! I am about to go for a big trim/chop as well, to get rid of all the damage an stringy ends. I have much shorter hair than you though.

EmiliaF
December 20th, 2010, 01:27 AM
It looks really great! I also agree, that it does not like you cut 6 inches. :)

leslissocool
December 20th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Oh my it's jaw dropping gorgeous! :cheese:

JulietCapulet
December 20th, 2010, 02:41 AM
I love it! Beautiful!

Florencienne
December 20th, 2010, 02:42 AM
It looks great!! Your hair is so shiny and looks really healthy. I'm envious!!

Loreley
December 20th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Gorgeous hair! :)

Medievalmaniac
December 20th, 2010, 03:28 AM
I think if I could be guaranteed such a hemline transformation in doing it, I would gladly sacrifice the 6 inches! It looks beautiful. :)

Yozhik
December 20th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Simply stunning! :cool:

I really like your trim, and more importantly, you do!
The shine of your hair is overwhelming. :)

KittyLost
December 20th, 2010, 03:59 AM
It looks beautiful!

jasper
December 20th, 2010, 04:08 AM
I think you did good! It is postitive inspiration. Glad you had a good stylist and a good experience.

Last time I went in for a hair cut I got a 6 inch "trim." But that was years ago and well before I joined here and learned about length goals :rolleyes: I am trying to see how long I can grow, but then to get my hair back in shape I will need to see some more posts like yours!

pepperminttea
December 20th, 2010, 05:06 AM
It looks beautiful!

fairystar32
December 20th, 2010, 05:09 AM
beautiful xx

LocustSpawning
December 20th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Wooooooooah! I LOVE your hair. Gorgeous on the before and the after photo, but I can see it looks healthier on the second. That is some great hair inspiration right there...

bunzfan
December 20th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Wow it looks beautiful now really thick healthy ends well done you for being so brave and cutting so much off, it won't be long before your reach your goal;)

jojo
December 20th, 2010, 08:08 AM
wow, your hair was beautiful before but the whole length looks twice as thick, I love it and am so happy for you.

bluesnowflake
December 20th, 2010, 08:41 AM
It looks great! And now your ends will be thick when you do reach your goal. Very shiny, too!

lapushka
December 20th, 2010, 09:35 AM
It looks gorgeous both before and after the trim. I do think you didn't need to get that much taken off, you've obviously cared well for your hair, but your hemline now *is* amazing! :flower:

Avital88
December 20th, 2010, 09:44 AM
The ends are worth to lose lenght. Your ends look amazing and super healthy!
It will grow back soon healthy and thick!

spidermom
December 20th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Oh wow; beautiful! (both before and after the trim)

andrea1982
December 20th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Wow, your hair looks wonderful!

GoddesJourney
December 20th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Your hair would be amazing at any length. You weren't kidding about that thick hemline. I see no problem. Same time next year your hair will be back at the same length but thicker. No worries. I have to say, though, I kind of liked the U shape on you.

sweet*things
December 20th, 2010, 10:41 AM
I'd have been happy with your "before" hair. :D

Gorgeous in both photos!

miss_purple
December 20th, 2010, 10:59 AM
beautiful!

tinti
December 20th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Oh my holy moly, that looks gorgeus!

Mexibeach
December 20th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Looks great. The trim makes you hair look thicker and man, that's some healthy hair!!!

Madora
December 20th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Magnificent hair! Good for you for having the courage to trim. Hair like yours is a rare and beautiful thing!

Becky Safari
December 20th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Wowzers your hair looks so happy and healthy! I think you did the right thing.

Unzadi
December 20th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Gorgeous color and shine and that is a gloriously thick hemline.

Deborah
December 20th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Excellent choice! Your hair looks thicker through the whole length, not just at the ends. It's amazing what a good trim can do.

CurlyTresses
December 20th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Gorgeous beautiful hair before and after the trim. Thanks for the inspiration. :):)

curlymarcia
December 20th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Your hair was pretty before and is more prettier now. Well done girl ;)

BeccaAngel
December 20th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Very nice trim, lovely hair.

Alvrodul
December 20th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Your hair looks stunning in the "after" picture - shiny and thick! As for the "before2 picture - it looks good there, too! :p:D But if it really needed such a big trim... :shrug:

myria
December 20th, 2010, 02:14 PM
MissMB you're pics are definitely positive inspiration. Your entire length looks so much thicker after the trim.
Ive been putting off a trim for a while and trying to convince myself I'll only need an inch off (it probably needs 2-3in). Once I get my hands on some hair scissors it's coming off.
:scissors: No mercy!! :)

Tia2010
December 20th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Very pretty hair both before and after the trim :)

Macaroni
December 20th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Wow, MissMB, your hair looks 100% thicker!

Darkhorse1
December 20th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Congrats! I recently did a similar thing, but went about 1.5 inches every week as I did a 4 inch trim in total through 2 weeks.

Your hair is GORGEOUS!!

MissMB
December 20th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Thank you so much to everyone who looked and commented. I am so happy with my hair and as we speak I'm doing my very second coconut oil treatment just for the heck of it. Good luck to you all on your own hair endeavors!

Patrice,
Thank you, I do feel like my ends were thin though especially if you squeeze the hair together and compare the middle to the end. Yes that's exactly what I want to do!! I'm still at tailbone so I can't complain.

Elph,
Thank you! I'm sorry to hear you don't feel yours had the same improvement. The lady said the best thing I can do to keep it thick is reduce tangling and therefore breakage and splitting. That's my new goal! Also I think it doesn't look like 6" in the photo because the after is slightly more zoomed in. ^^

caadam,
Thank you. :> It will be there before you know it with a little patience!

terrylillyd,
Thank you! I agree, I was pretty happy with it before but now it's so much better!

Eolan,
Thanks a lot! Some might feel that I could have gotten away with trimming off less, but I stand by my decision just because of how dramatically better it looks and feels. I wish you luck and that you cut off the perfect amount for you!

Yozhik, bluesnowflake, Unzadi
Thank you so much. I honestly have no idea why it looks shiny, maybe it's because I straightened it before I the cut? Lol! x)

jasper,
I'm so happy you think it's positive inspiration! She seemed pretty knowledgeable and was equipt with tips for me. Aww I have done tons of stuff I shouldn't have done to my hair before I came here too. Thank god for LHC! Good luck on your growing, may you have a long terminal length!

bunzfan,
Thank you! Yes, I consider the growing from here and slow and leisurely process. Just concentrating on keeping it untangled and smooth!

lapushka, Alvrodul
Thank you so much. I figured a shorter trim would have good results too but I wanted best-I-could-get type of ending. ^^

Avital88,
I totally agree! Thank you, I hope so. :)

GoddesJourney,
Thank you. I really hope so! Ah well, the great thing about hemlines is that with a bit of length sacrifice you can change it as much as you like!

Deborah,
Yes I totally agree! Thank you.

myria,
Thank you!! Oh that's great, I hope you get just the results you want! My hair's health is more important to me than its length so I am thrilled. But yes good luck to you!!

patienceneeded
December 20th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Lovely! I hope my hair looks that good at that length!

SpeakingEZ
December 20th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Wow, I really love it at either length! I admit it looks much better now, though, glad you decided to sacrifice a little quantity for quality. :)

I recently had to do that with my hair, but I'd have felt much better about it if it were already at Classic!

Kome
December 20th, 2010, 08:06 PM
WOW! I think it looks a lot thicker and healthier. I bet you're happy! I need a good trim like this too, but my hair isn't nearly as long as yours and there is just no way I'm doing it. Yours looks just gorgeous though. :)

triumphator!
December 20th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Your hair is like a sheet of chocolate! :)

kschr2004
December 20th, 2010, 08:21 PM
It looks beautiful! I love your color, and it looks a lot thicker now. :)

JuneBride
December 20th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Great Job, looks awesome! Love the color. Looks sooooo much thicker and healthier!!! (not that it didn't look think and healthy before, but now its just outstanding!!!)

Sunsailing
December 20th, 2010, 08:26 PM
It looks like you have almost twice as much hair now! :shocked:

Beautiful prior to trim...absolutely gorgeous after.
It's such a nice feeling to be happy with your own hair.

Cailie
December 20th, 2010, 09:41 PM
LOVE it !!! :flower:
personnaly I think this was a great decision. so healthy ! gorgeous !

Carina
December 20th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Looks awesome.You have very beautiful hair for sure.

LHCMAN
December 20th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Am I the only person that likes the look of weather fringes? Looks like something from a romantic era.

share801
December 21st, 2010, 01:54 AM
What are weather fringes?

growing2shine
December 21st, 2010, 07:07 AM
Your hair looks amazing! It also looked great before but I love the sharp look of clean cut, blunt ends. :)

sophiamarie
December 21st, 2010, 07:44 AM
Looks absolutely gorgeous

LHCMAN
December 21st, 2010, 08:55 AM
What are weather fringes?

Weathered, I meant. Thinned out.

thatjengirl1
December 25th, 2010, 02:25 AM
you have amazing hair :)

naushin83
December 25th, 2010, 06:56 AM
beautiful hair :)
wow !!

JudeInStitches
December 25th, 2010, 09:32 PM
The trim was a good choice. Your hair is so beautiful, and shiny.

longlockenvy
December 26th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Your hair is beautiful! I'd love to be that length, with such great ends!

christine1989
December 26th, 2010, 12:06 AM
It looked great before but I like the hemline in the trimmed pic best. The sides are visably thicker and I think a straight hemline looks best on you at that length.

lupiae
December 27th, 2010, 07:08 AM
MissMB, sometime it's necessary to trim hair. Prbably is better if you can trim one each once a while than 6 inches in one shot. With 1 inche more often you always have gorgeouus and healty hair without loosing all that lenght. Anyway, I want to tell you that your hair is fantastic! Never cut it!

Fufu
December 29th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I'm in love with your hair <3

Raven Beauty
December 29th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Oh my you're hair looks lovely! Wow I missed being here; last August (2009) I went through a HUGE cut from TBL to BSL...I came home and bawled my eyes out in front of the mirror. My hair had gotten really un healthy...I felt so bad I havn't been able to bring myself to come back to LHC until NOW when I'm back at a little past TBL.

CastaDiva
December 30th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Wow!! Stunning hair, both before and after the trim:):)