PDA

View Full Version : a Measuring question

BeccaAngel
December 19th, 2010, 10:15 PM
i had a question about the measuring thing, my hair is layered. so do i measure by layer or from the top to the bottom?

ddiana1979
December 19th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Most people on here measure by putting a flexibile measuring tape (like the kind used for sewing) directly where their hairline starts on the forehead, let the tape run straight down the middle of their head, and take the final measurement at the point where their hair is longest. So, in your case, the bottom layer. Some people do it while their hair is wet, some dry. It doesn't really matter as long as you consistently measure in the same way each time.

BeccaAngel
December 19th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Most people on here measure by putting a flexibile measuring tape (like the kind used for sewing) directly where their hairline starts on the forehead, let the tape run straight down the middle of their head, and take the final measurement at the point where their hair is longest. So, in your case, the bottom layer. Some people do it while their hair is wet, some dry. It doesn't really matter as long as you consistently measure in the same way each time.

if i measure it by layer its 7 inches and if i measure it by the way you were talking about its 14 inches. im not sure what to go by

princessp
December 19th, 2010, 11:05 PM
if i measure it by layer its 7 inches and if i measure it by the way you were talking about its 14 inches. im not sure what to go by

From top to bottom most hair so it sounds like you would be 14".

BeccaAngel
December 19th, 2010, 11:11 PM
hmm i never looked at it that way, im not sure what to think of that, i never measured it right before if thats the case.

cuppycake
December 19th, 2010, 11:20 PM
The 14. The longest point.