PDA

View Full Version : My first sock bun

patienceneeded
December 18th, 2010, 10:20 PM
I tried my first sock bun tonight! :cheese:

I can't figure out how to put pics in the thread (perhaps I don't have permission for that feature yet?) but they are in my hair album. My question is, does it look okay with the messy bit sticking out? My hair isn't ultra long (SL) and has a lot of layers right now, so getting all the hair wrapped around out of sight is not really possible. I kind of like it the messy way it looks in the pics, what do you all think?

eternallyverdan
December 19th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Congratulations! It's lovely, and I really like the look of messy ends with a sock bun-- it seems to make it look less severe.

Lianna
December 19th, 2010, 01:02 AM
It looks gorgeous. I love sock buns and the pieces sticking out, actually I do tricks *in my album* so more pieces stick out! :D

By the way, you do have permission to post images in threads, with another site such as photobucket, so everyone can see, or with your album link (only members with 25+posts will see).

Click this button http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/images/editor/insertimage.gif

christine1989
December 19th, 2010, 01:22 AM
I love it! The peices sticking out make it look just messy enough to give it a modern twist.

milagro
December 19th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Looks good :flower:
Is it fully-wrapped bun?

CastaDiva
December 19th, 2010, 02:46 AM
I think your sock bun is beautiful:) And your hair has an amazing colour and shine.

mrs_coffee
December 19th, 2010, 04:23 AM
That is super cute! I like a bit of the messy look as well.

bunzfan
December 19th, 2010, 04:26 AM
It looks great and your hair is a lovely colour:)

turquoisebud
December 19th, 2010, 07:52 AM
I'm sure the ends looks fine, but if you ever want to have everything tucked in go to http://www.youtube.com/user/Loepsie. She has a sock bun tutorial that is very informative. It is a more formal version of the tradition sock bun. Hope this helps!:flowers:

Hotrox
December 19th, 2010, 09:22 AM
I wear mine with the pieces sticking out, and I think your looks great :D