PDA

View Full Version : do you cut your own hair or have it done for you?

BeccaAngel
December 18th, 2010, 07:41 PM
sometimes i trim my own but only when its long enough, other than that i let the professionals handle it.

misskriss
December 19th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Hello there!

When I was a kid I had my mom cut my hair straight across. When I was a teen, I got it layered at a salon and had gone back every few months to trim the layers 1/2inch. Earlier this year I found a way on youtube to trim my own layers (the method of flipping all your hair foward and cutting it straight across, so that when you brush it back you have a nice v or u shape and layers) which actually works great..SUCH a time and money saver! This lead me to really looking into hair care methods I can do on my own, which lead me to LHC. =]

luxepiggy
December 19th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I cut my own, as I generally try to avoid things that require appointments (^(oo)^)

spidermom
December 19th, 2010, 10:50 AM
This year I've been cutting it myself - S&D only. When I want a trim to shape the ends, I see a hair stylist.

RitaPG
December 19th, 2010, 11:08 AM
I always trim my own hair. My mum used to cut it for me when I was a kid.
I've never been to a hair stylist/ salon :)

Braidy
December 19th, 2010, 11:21 AM
When I was little my mum cut my hair. Then at the age of 12 I wanted to get rid of my long hairs (stupid me, but I wanted to go against what people liked). After that I've been a salon visitor. But now I want to start growing my hair again and I've heard from many people that hairdressers tend to cut off waaay to much so I'm keeping an eye out on someone to trim my hair cause I'm not courageous enough to do it myself :rolleyes:

Vapunzel91
December 19th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I go to a salon every six months or so when I'm in town, but I would love to learn the best way to trim off the split ends off so I can do it every time I see one.

ddiana1979
December 19th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I go to the salon. Though if I happen to see a split end, I snip it.

BeamingBrunette
December 19th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I've always gone to a salon but my hair has never been this long and am too nervous to go now and think I will *attempt* to do it myself soon ;)