PDA

View Full Version : First SMT and loving it :)

bluesnowflake
December 18th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Did my first SMT last night- I could only leave it on for about 45 mins because of other things that needed doing, but the results are amazing! My hair absorbed a ton of moisture, and it now feels like silk! I'll definitely be doing this again. One quick question. I've noticed a lot of people who only do it once every 2 weeks or month. Is it bad for hair to do it more often ( once a week?), or do people just not do that because it's time-consuming/expensive?

patienceneeded
December 18th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Excellent! I am trying my first SMT tonight (planning on sleeping in it) and I hope mine turns out as well as yours!!!

bluesnowflake
December 18th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Just make sure you rinse really thoroughly- I had to rinse twice because I didn't get the conditioner out of the hair at the nape of my neck. Good luck!

LoversLullaby
December 18th, 2010, 07:04 PM
I don't think it's bad for your hair to do it more often, just make sure your hair doesn't get overmoisturized (usually turns into a fluffy mess) and you'll be fine! :)

MandaMom2Three
December 19th, 2010, 07:28 AM
My hair used to LOVE SMTs, but now they don't do a thing for me :shrug: . I'm going to try leaving out the aloe, it seems to dry my hair.

redneckprincess
December 19th, 2010, 07:38 AM
I haven't done one in a while, since I've mostly just been wearing my hair up anyways, but plan to do one soon. I was doing them once a week, but I don't see why they can't be done more often then that if you wanted?!

RachieBaby
December 19th, 2010, 08:09 AM
I just do it when I know I have time so maybe 3 times a month. Thats the only reason I don't do it more often :)

Adiva
December 19th, 2010, 03:42 PM
I did my first SMT last week and I'm very happy with the result!

akuamoonmaui
December 19th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I did an adaptation of the SMT, no honey, and added a few drops of jojoba oil. That works nicely, too. I just use it in the shower when CO-ing.