PDA

View Full Version : Do I even LIKE long hair?

Oz
December 18th, 2010, 05:41 AM
is a question I often ask myself.

yeah, I love natural looking things... I hate it when people do what they are told to do for societies expectations 'get your hair cut, its no practical. cut your ends, it looks ratty yadda yadda'

and I love how its rare and origional to have it long, people ARE jelous wich is always pretty nice :D

but sometimes I want to know if I would look better with it short... more moddern, practical, stylish.. FUN...
long hair always says to me 'little girl playing fairy tales' and thats not the real world.
it doesnt seem very 'grown up' to me.. and I dont know if thats a good or a bad thing. (im awear of the nature of this formum so can predict the kind of responses ill get)

my hairs almost at the back of my knees and ive not cut it since i was 7, im 20 now and its healthy, if thin, with bouncy waves. it looks pretty if im wearing a dress and little bows..

If im in a hoody and baggy jeans... im not sure it works.

I've been experimenting with funky up doos... cute buns, miature braids.. and various accessories and plan to contiune finding new and exiting styles.

sometimes I think it would be good to chop a little at the front to have kind of a fringe, or 2 bits at the side that can hang down to frame my face when the rest is up and out the way...

I think I only really have it long because it IS long.. from being a little girl, and it seemed like a waste to cut it off.

here it is anway.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hg7viMvJUqg/TRpl-0WuqcI/AAAAAAAABak/ZtApvZ_WiQM/s1600/hair.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hg7viMvJUqg/TRpl-0WuqcI/AAAAAAAABak/ZtApvZ_WiQM/s1600/hair.jpg

hope that works.

anyway.. i think my point is... How do I know if long hair is really -ME?-

Dreams_in_Pink
December 18th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Well, normally i'd advise to do trims little by little if it feels better that way. But seeing that picture, i believe you've had very long hair for a long time, you should know if you like it by now. If you were feeling depressed about it you would've chopped it already.

I'll advise against a dramatic chop back to, like, chin. You can trim a good few inches to see if you like it better at, say, classic or tailbone.

Dragon
December 18th, 2010, 05:50 AM
You have beautiful hair. Nice curls and shine. If you do decided to cut, my advice is to go shorter in small stages because if you don’t like it, at least it wont take as long to grow back.

milagro
December 18th, 2010, 05:56 AM
You never know until you try :D but really knee-length is quite rare, please think twice before you do something to it! Maybe bangs are a good idea if you long for a change. Not so drastic.
I cut my waist-length hair when I was 23 (I had had a minor chop before at 17, from TB to WL) and maintained pixie to nape length for over a decade. It was fun for a few years but after a while I started missing updos and the feel of long hair in general :) It took about three years of chin to shoulders and back again - repeatedly - to start regrowing and I'm still at BSL.
So I wouldn't advise you against short cut, it has lots of pros, but the huge con is that it'll be a VERY long way back.
Maybe you try some ethnic braids or something, for a more "cool" look?

PS Now the pic is there, I would suggest only a little ends trim to make it look thicker. Your hair is lovely and very becoming. :flower:

DARKMARTIAN
December 18th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Yep you have some long tresses going on there for sure
But honestly I dont think there is any real correlation between long hair and the idea of youth. And in the eyes of a long hair lover.... the clothes one chooses to wear will not determine the beauty of said hair. As a male I happen to actually like a rather drab style of dress alot of times on a woman. Dont get me wrong.....there is nothing unjustified about dressing for the occasion but I really like a girl that feels comfortable enough to actually BE comfortable.

In some ways it is sad to see such lengthy locks being cut off....much like seeing an old tree being chopped down. And I realize that there can very well be a certain level of apprehension towards the event. But I always say that a person should have their hair the way they want. And if you think you might want that then Id just think it through thoroughly and do what your own heart tells you....

I guess id have to say that long hair is only for you until you feel that you want to make the decision to cut it.....

luxepiggy
December 18th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Oh I LOVE your hair! It's gorgeous! (^(oo)^)

There are tons of people out there paying far to much money to have extensions put in, so I definitely don't think that long hair looks little-girlish at all. Actually, I've always had the opposite view - I see shoulder length, bobbed haircuts and especially pixie cuts as very high school/teenager type looks, while long hair always struck me as being very sexy & a little femme fatale, à la Oscar Wilde's Salomé, as illustrated by Aubrey Beardsley (^(oo)^)v

StarryNight
December 18th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Try a wig. :)

Fairlight63
December 18th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Your hair is so BEAUTIFUL! Please don't cut it short.
I love the ringlets in it. How do you get them?
Someone said that it would almost be like watching an old tree get cut down to cut your hair - I agree
You could cut back to tail bone or so & that would not be a drastic cut.

Dragon
December 18th, 2010, 06:25 AM
I also agree it would almost be like watching an old tree get cut down to cut your hair.

Fethenwen
December 18th, 2010, 06:25 AM
It sounds to me like you are bored with it, if you have never had short hair I can understand that it might be tempting to try.
I'm not gonna advice you against it, maybe you could try to do something less drastic like you mentioned? I think bangs or a few layers sounds like an idea, or maybe a slight trim.

I find that long hair can be both grown up, sexy and there is always room for little fairy princess to it too :p

non childish long hair ---> http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/legacyimages/photos/uncategorized/2009/01/28/angelina_jolie_lara_croft_01.jpg

nytquill
December 18th, 2010, 06:35 AM
First off, it doesn't matter what I think. It's YOUR hair, it only matters what YOU think. I don't think long hair says "little girl" or "fairy tales" personally - it takes a lot of work and responsibility and planning ahead (even just always moving your hair out of the way when you sit down is thinking ahead in a way) to have hair that long, and those are all very grown-up skills. Also I think your hair is gorgeous and suits you quite well.

But if that's what it represents to you, then that's what matters. I do have to wonder if this is all about how it looks or if this is more about turning 20 and feeling like you're changing, the world is changing (or you're seeing it differently), and wondering how that's all going to work. I'm 25 now and the first few years of my 20s were a lot like that for me. A lot of disillusionment, a lot of uncertainty. A lot of hating to grow up because it seemed like being an adult just...sucked sometimes. And trying to figure out who I was as an adult and how I was supposed to fit in and stop being a kid anymore. For me I tried to change my style of dressing (well I'm older now, I guess I should wear older-looking clothes). For you it seems to be your hair that's getting to you.

I will say that in my case with the clothes thing it didn't completely stick. I "upgraded" the quality of what I wear a bit, but my personal style essentially is the same. I ended up with a lot of "nice" clothes I don't really wear because they're just not me. I realized that adjusting my style to better reflect who I am now (than when I was 16 for example) is fine. Completely changing my style will never work because I have to be who I AM, not what I or anyone else thinks I should be. You can't change yourself by changing your looks. The inside change comes first and then the outside changes will sort of follow naturally. At least that's how it was for me, YMMV of course.

Drastically changing your hair always carries the risk that you don't like it. One of the reasons my own hair is as long as it is is because I stopped getting it cut at all, knowing that if it got cut too short for my liking, it will take me years to grow it back out. The difference there is that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it short and that long hair IS "me." You're not - and the only way to find out for sure is to try. And on that count I'm with the others. Don't go all the way short-short in one go. Just the fact that it's such a huge change in the handling and look of your hair might be enough to make you unhappy with it even if in fact it looked really cute on you. If you want to do it, go in stages and see what you think.

And remember it's NOT permanent. It's a big deal, yes, because it would change your look and your lifestyle to some extent, and because it would take a long time to grow back if you decided you liked it better long. But it WILL grow back, with time. That's what hair does. It's not like getting a tattoo or something - you can always change your mind again. There's nothing wrong with experimenting a little if you're curious, that's what a lot of people do in their 20s!

nereida
December 18th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Wow, I love your hair and I appreciate that it's so long, it needs a lot of time and patience, but I understand you. I am also young, I still need some centimetres to achieve my goal length - waist and there is nothing to compare within waist and knee length, but I am also sometimes bored, exhausted when I need to comb out my hair.

But... In my opinion sometimes very, but veryyyyy long hair doesn't look good. I mean that I don't like some lengths, because it scares me and I am young and for me it seems to be good on an older person.

jasper
December 18th, 2010, 07:03 AM
I know what you mean about little girl hair. I teach elementary kids and I feel obligated to avoid hairdos that look like kid hair to me. Even kids 10 years old get the idea that cutting their hair will make them look more grown up.

But I don't know about more practical. I was just thinking that short hair is more high maintenance because it has to be cut to maintain a style, and it takes product or processing or styling that take more time or effort than bunning with a hair stick.

spitfire511
December 18th, 2010, 07:31 AM
It sounds to me like you are bored with it, if you have never had short hair I can understand that it might be tempting to try.
I'm not gonna advice you against it, maybe you could try to do something less drastic like you mentioned? I think bangs or a few layers sounds like an idea, or maybe a slight trim.

I find that long hair can be both grown up, sexy and there is always room for little fairy princess to it too :p

non childish long hair ---> http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/legacyimages/photos/uncategorized/2009/01/28/angelina_jolie_lara_croft_01.jpg

This!! a small change if you're bored?

I'll say also though that jasper has a great point - shorter hair is not necessarily more practical. I just got mine totally chopped (and I'm used to this, I typically cut my hair off once every 1.5 to 3 years) and it's MUCH more work than my long hair was. I can't begin to tell you how much I'm missing my damp bun right now!!

Your hair is gorgeous though, and I'm sure you'll lovely whatever you decide!

WaitingSoLong
December 18th, 2010, 07:33 AM
OK my 2 cents. This is MY OPINION and by no means trumps your own desires.

First, I think your hair would look great at about waist length, or even BSL. I definitely would not chop to chin. However, the huge cut may find you with massive curls and then you will have to learn to deal with a lot more curl.

Second, PHOTO SHOP baby. Get a program or something and take a pic of yourself and shop it up to see what you may look like with different lengths/styles. The wig idea was OK but not as cost effective.

dropinthebucket
December 18th, 2010, 07:40 AM
For me, it's kind of a bucket list thing. I want to grow my hair long because I've NEVER had it!
Perhaps you're a bit wistful about short hair for the same reason?

It does look beautifully long and healthy. Others have suggested a wig. Maybe a bit on the expensive side, yes, but not so bad if you go for one of the cheaper, synthetic ones -- and after all, you don't want to marry the thing, only wear it for a week or so to see what you think. Myself, I'd still rather invest a bit of money than chop off what's taken me years to grow. The other advantage of a wig is you can tell what it FEELS like to have shorter hair, not just see it.

Welcome to LHC!

Anywhere
December 18th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I haven't read the responses yet so sorry if this has been mentioned. Could it be that you think long hair looks childish because you've had long hair way back when you were a child? I had blunt bangs when I was a child, and re-cutting them now I feel, makes me look childish. I've been reassured that I look more older and mature with them though. I think you and I just associate these things with childhood because they were parts of our childhood.

If you do cut, try a few inches at a time, wait a day or so, cut more if you feel the need. Try getting bangs if you'd like, or even a temporary (be careful, not all temporary color really is temporary) color just to have a change for a while.

You might want to buy (or just try on) shorter wigs in the style you want, in a color close to your natural hair. It would give you an idea as to whether or not you like short hair better, before you cut.

lapushka
December 18th, 2010, 07:54 AM
my hairs almost at the back of my knees and ive not cut it since i was 7, im 20 now and its healthy, if thin, with bouncy waves. it looks pretty if im wearing a dress and little bows..

I had mine at classic length when I was 10/11, and then at age 11, I had it cut to a page boy style. Boy, did I regret that. It was way too drastic and too much of a sudden change.

If you want to cut your hair, take a bit off. Don't go for anything too drastic. A small change can do wonders! From knee to classic for instance, or to waist. You can always go shorter if you want it shorter, but you can't glue it back once it's all gone.

milagro
December 18th, 2010, 07:58 AM
The other advantage of a wig is you can tell what it FEELS like to have shorter hair, not just see it.

beg to differ :) you won't feel what it's like to have a short hair with a wig. I remember when I first got a cut (about collar bone length) I felt something like anti-gravity in the head department, it was so LA-LA-LIGHT! :D I was walking home and shook my hair every minute, and looked at my self in every shop window ;)
Whereas any wig I tried made me feel like 100 m underseas.

I think photoshop is a good idea.

smileycat
December 18th, 2010, 08:03 AM
For me, it's kind of a bucket list thing. I want to grow my hair long because I've NEVER had it!
Perhaps you're a bit wistful about short hair for the same reason?

Yes, what dropinthebucket said. You might always wonder if you don't try going shorter, but rather than jumping right in, I highly suggest following up on the ideas to try wigs or photo shop before jumping in.

And WOW your hair is gorgeous! Personally I am a fan of the pairing of your hair, so feminine and flowing, with your casual t-shirt and jeans. Big wistful sigh... it will take years for my hair to grow that long...

boomtownrat
December 18th, 2010, 08:12 AM
I don't think your hair looks little-girlish at all. To me, it looks artsy and bohemian. It looks great with what you're wearing in the slide show, in my opinion. Cutting in some shorter pieces to frame your face when you wear it up is exactly what I would try if I were in your situation, I think. Otherwise, I agree with everybody else that maybe a small change, to classic or tailbone, would be better than a drastic chop. Believe me, I've cut my hair very short many times so I can understand the urge for a change. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. :)

Toadstool
December 18th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Your hair is a gorgeous colour!
If you cut it, it will grow back.

Avital88
December 18th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Your hair is so pretty! i dont have advice but this i had to say:)

prosperina
December 18th, 2010, 08:47 AM
There's no way your hair looks childish. I agree with the person above that it looks artsy and bohemian. Especially the pic with you in jeans and a tee--this just looks alternative. Cutting your hair short would make you look just like anyone else.

I understand the need for a change, just think it over, and don't do anything drastic.

spidermom
December 18th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I've worn my hair at so many different lengths and styles that I can say for sure I prefer it long. You've had long hair most of your life, and it sounds like you're really up for a change. I think you should go for it.

DuckyDot
December 18th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Cut it to waist length and then keep that for a while. If you like it - cut it Mid-back or BSL. And on and on. Don't cut it really short in one day - It'll be a shock! Do it slowly so that you can be sure that you like it. :) Good Luck!

Herb
December 18th, 2010, 09:16 AM
My goodness. Your hair goes just perfect with your beautiful face. In my opinion, you look very mature. Regal, graceful, and hippie-ish all at the same time. Looks great with your jeans and t-shirt. I love it.

It is up to you, however. Make sure you're really are unhappy with it, though. And don't do anything drastic! Take it in stages, lest you regret it big time.

It does look lovely, and you are very gorgeous.

Demetrue
December 18th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Wow - your hair looks really special and unique - I wouldn't cut it! You look like a cool artist, not a little girl.

Speedbump
December 18th, 2010, 10:28 AM
First of all, your hair is absolutely beautiful, both in color and condition, and the length is very impressive!

Try a wig. :)

Yep! I was going to suggest this as well. And if you possibly can, get one that would look like what your actual hair would look like if it were short.

If you got cheap ones, you could afford multiple wigs. Or go to a wig shop and try on to your heart's content until you find "The One" and take it home.

Try wearing it for an extended period of time if that is what you need to really see if you want to keep your hair.

And finally, let me just say that it's completely natural, if you have had the same thing for most of your life, to want to try the other side to see if it's really greener over there. I did it when I was in junior high school after severe damage forced a shoulder-length cut, and ended up regretting it and taking many years to grow it out properly again.

With a wig, you have the chance to have your cake and eat it too! I'd take it and RUN! :lol:

neon-dream
December 18th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Well I think if you're not happy with your hair you should change it. By the sounds of it you've been debating about whether or not to cut it for a long time, so maybe you should just try doing something new, that's what I did. I mastered french and dutch braids, and hair sticks.
Learning to do new things with my hair made me realise than long hair is not childish and can be very sophisticated. :)
So if I was you, I'd try this before making any serious decisions.

Madora
December 18th, 2010, 11:28 AM
It sounds like you're just about ready to cut, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I'd suggest cutting to waist length and trying that for a while.

As for cutting layers, bangs, etc. it's your hair, of course, but if you plan to do any updos, you'll find those shorter hairs a real pain to incorporate into braids or buns. Inevitably, they'll stick out someplace and you'll have to bobby pin the short hairs so they look neat.

Your hair is a beautiful color. Good luck!

princessp
December 18th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I've worn my hair at so many different lengths and styles that I can say for sure I prefer it long. You've had long hair most of your life, and it sounds like you're really up for a change. I think you should go for it.

Yeah, I agree. It sounds like you need a change. But of course this is a decision only you can make. Like you said, you already knew what most of us would say (we love long hair so don't cut) :shrug:

share801
December 18th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I swear somewhere I have seen some folks here who can do a faux bob, which involves pinning the hair up underneath so it looks shorter. I think it would be an excellent way to "try out" shorter hair before you decide what to do.

spidermom
December 18th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Wigs can be hot and itchy; just warning you if you haven't tried one before.

MissCharizard
December 18th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I second maybe adding bangs or face framing layers before going for a full chop. Just like many said it's a really long way back to where you were!

ddiana1979
December 18th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I think your hair is lovely.

Mainly though, I just wanted to reiterate that short hair, especially modern dos, is NOT practical. I've had several very trendy layered cuts from shoulder length up to pixie, and they are a pain to style. You have to blow fry, you have to use various waxes, pomades, sprays, etc. I think I still have about 5 EXPENSIVE products sitting in my bathroom from the last shoulder length, heavily layered style. Long hair is so easy, comparatively. I don't blow dry or heat style at all. I can just sit in front of the TV & chill while I'm oiling or conditioning my hair. If it looks crappy in the morning, I can put it in an updo in less than 5 minutes & forget it. I will never have an "edgey" modern cut again. I'm so not a morning person & I just don't have the patience to style it.

Arya
December 18th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Long hair isn't necessarily childish. Most women don't know how to treat their hair, so they always have to cut it off when it's getting too damaged. A lot of women would kill for your hair, but say 'oh it's too long' out of jealousy.

Personally, I think long hair looks awesome with a hoody. Metal musicians have long hair, right? Cut your hair to tailbone/ chop in some bangs/face framing layers if you wan to put it up and have it look shorter. But don' t hack it all off!!

julliams
December 18th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Maybe cut back to hip and see if you like that better. For you that would be a huge difference and you would know right away if you liked it better or not. It will also take all your "little girl" hair away which you may or may not feel comfortable with.

I cut my hair very short once and I now know that it really doesn't work for me but you are young and your face could work well with short as well as long so it's up to you. Hair grows - we all know that but how would you feel knowing that to get your hair back you might have to grow for several years?

My hair is a pretty colour and I was always told not to dye it. Of of course I wanted to dye it and the few times I did it really didn't look all that great on me. Thankfully I always used temporary dyes so they washed out eventually. I learned to accept what I had and love it.

If you feel you can't do that now, maybe you need to have a "small" chop like, say to hip, keep the hair for posterity and see how you like that. You can always go shorter in an instant.

Aurantia
December 18th, 2010, 03:47 PM
I agree with all who have suggested reducing the length in increments: go to hip, see how that feels, then to waist, etc.

When I shaved my head the first time I went from waist to APL to pixie to shaved -- all in one week! :D

I would not suggest getting bangs or layers first. If you have never had short hair or a fringe this would be a very difficult initial step -- nothing is more frustrating than having long hair combined with short bangs that you want to grow out. Like Madora said, hair with different lengths (even longer layers) will affect the way you are able to style your hair.

And as someone who has had almost every length and style imaginable on her head I offer this advice regarding short hair: it is much harder to maintain and style than long hair, and the shorter you go the better you need the stylist to be if you want a flattering cut.

Oh! One last thing :o ... if you make a large chop or change be prepared to mourn the loss of hair even if you LOVE your new style. If I cut off a foot or more I always cry that night lol and spend about a week feeling slightly depressed because of my missed length. Don't be discouraged by this temporary grieving period, if the hair is right for you you will grow (hehe) to love it. ;)

Fadedbluedreams
December 18th, 2010, 03:52 PM
I think your hair works well with your jeans and t-shirt picture just as well as the dress. So if it's a style issue, I personally don't see a problem. My opinion is that long hair is a timeless look, not an immature one, but the newest trends will fade and they are more costly for upkeep. You currently have something that takes a pretty face and brings it a step further. Why settle for cute or trendy when you already have more? :) I am just offering my honest opinion, but you know your heart best. Good luck to you in whatever you choose.

Rebelkat
December 18th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I've had both long hair and short (as in shoulder length with layers) and I would never go back to short. It took way too much work to make me feel good about it.

I personally think that short hair, especially bobs, tends to look more child-like because I knew far more little girls who were forced into short styles by their parents or because it was the popular style at the time. When I see someone with long hair, I think "this is a person who knows what they want and goes with it," which has always been a quality I admire. I should mention that it's your hair and you know what you want without being told by someone else, of course. No matter what advice we give you, the final decision is yours.

Someone mentioned a thread about a faux bob, so I went digging and found it for you (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/archive/showthread.php?t=41837) if you wish to try it. There are also several different styles out there that allow you to make it look as though you have shorter hair without having to cut. I'll go do some more hunting and post the links, if you're interested.

JulietCapulet
December 18th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I find it rather twisted to want someone to be jealous of your hair. That's a pretty dark motivation and its sick.

Fractalsofhair
December 18th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I like long hair simply because it's hard to find a stylist who can do a flattering short cut more than once.Long hair is easier for me. I prefer the way a pixie looks and feels on me, but long hair bunned is nice. If you want short hair, get a short wig, think it over for a few weeks, and then do it if you're absolutely sure. I suggest getting bangs if you want them, but think it over for a few days.

Waveepagee
December 18th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Exactly how I feel!! I have wavy BSL hair that I've been growing out two years now. Recently I've been noticing sections of some of my waves "twisting" around. Im thinking these could be some ringlets, and really want to go midlength and find out! But I get so many compliments on my "long, beautiful, mermaid like hair", it gives me second thoughts. Then again, I'm always complaining about my hair and I wear it in a boring ponytail near every day. Ive done lots of things to spice it up, from sideswept bangs to cutting in wispies for my ponytail (that never straighten!). I like to curl it with hot rollers, because my hair holds curl really well. But I get tired of doing it every day, and don't even get me started on trying to straighten it. I love those fun and modern haircuts, but it's hard trying to part with my BSL mane.:confused:

Waveepagee
December 18th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Oh and just let me add, Oz, please don't chop it off all at once! My mom
and I have the same hair, and after a perm she had fell out she cut her BSL into a PIXIE!! She had a frizzy bouffant and it grew back really curly, like 2c/3a curly! To this day I think she regrets it, though it is BSL again, and a bit less curly. I wouldn't advise drastic snips like that for us wurlies.

Athena's Owl
December 18th, 2010, 10:21 PM
anyway.. i think my point is... How do I know if long hair is really -ME?-

That's a really good question.

one way to answer it is to have short hair and see how you react. It's not a method I recommend, but it's one that many of us here have experienced. It's common to have had long hair as a child and then had a fairly drastic cut - by choice or by having it inflicted. It's what happened to me.

I know that long hair is really me because once I got to my hair touching my shoulders, I never once thought of having it cut short. Not once. My thoughts were toward the day that it was longer - my goal was hip.

I exceeded that goal, coming to almost classic this year. last week I trimmed it back to right between hip and tailbone, to see if the thoughts of, "now this is almost too long" stop. I'm giving it a couple weeks to the end of the year to see if i'm still feeling doubtful about it being just long enough and adjust from there, and then I'll probably maintain that same length for 2011 and take stock again. but this is all fine tuning and adjustment. I know long hair is me. I never really liked my hair short. it's just a matter of finding the right length.

if I were to suggest anything, try cutting it to classic, and live with it for a month, see if your doubts stop. if you're still feeling unsure, go to hip, try it for another month. a month should be enough time to know if you want to cut it shorter, or if you miss having very long hair, or if this was the change your hair needs.

nowxisxforever
December 18th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Oh I LOVE your hair! It's gorgeous! (^(oo)^)

There are tons of people out there paying far to much money to have extensions put in, so I definitely don't think that long hair looks little-girlish at all. Actually, I've always had the opposite view - I see shoulder length, bobbed haircuts and especially pixie cuts as very high school/teenager type looks, while long hair always struck me as being very sexy & a little femme fatale, à la Oscar Wilde's Salomé, as illustrated by Aubrey Beardsley (^(oo)^)v

I feel the same, regarding what looks like a 'little girl' look versus a more adult look.

OP: Do what you want! If you feel like you might like shorter hair, cut it little by little, maybe a few inches a week, so you can get a feel for what you like. Easier to decide to stop trimming than to decide to grow it back out, IMO!

Waveepagee
December 18th, 2010, 11:06 PM
You know I just thought about one of my friends who had a sitch like this. She always had just above BSL curly hair (2c/3a/3b? Just beautiful!) but I don't think she liked it cuz she straightened it alot. But her roots were straight so she ended up cutting to a shoulder length bob. It was easier for her to straighten because she chopped off her curl. When she decided it was safe to do so, she got a super-short inverted-type bob. I think cutting little by little worked for her. Her hair is now sleek and super cute (but of course I preferred her curls, but shes happy!) Good luck! :)

christine1989
December 18th, 2010, 11:58 PM
You don't know until you have it. I have had both waist length hair and pixie cuts and LOVE them both so its tough not to cut back to a bob or pixie again. The thing that is annoying about short hair is that you can't do much with it. the shorter it is the less you can do. Long hair, as you mentioned is so versetile and you can style it so many ways. In my opinion you are more likely to get bored with short hair than long hair.

Arctic_Mama
December 19th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Its up to you, but I wouldn't cut more than maybe six inches off of it at a time. And before that, I'd buy some new hair toys and teach myself some new styles, to see if I am just bored with it or genuinely don't like it.

Your hair is lovely, but wear what you think suits YOU.

auburn
December 19th, 2010, 12:22 AM
are you nuts? :)) you have a hair lots of people dream about... and you want to chop it? Nu no no.

I think you'd be safer if you just throw away ALL the scissors you have. And when you see a hair salon move away from it fast so you don't get tempted.

wow, what a hair. Do not cut it.

Demetrue
December 19th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Also, if you have wavy hair, it will not necessarily look fresh and edgy if you cut it short - the wave will change how it hangs. I cut my wavy hair short once and it would not lie right and I had to do all sorts of stuff to it every morning to keep it from looking like a poufy poodle sitting on top of my head ;>)

milagro
December 19th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Also, if you have wavy hair, it will not necessarily look fresh and edgy if you cut it short - the wave will change how it hangs. I cut my wavy hair short once and it would not lie right and I had to do all sorts of stuff to it every morning to keep it from looking like a poufy poodle sitting on top of my head ;>)
This.
And it will turn our A LOT curlier, especially for first few weeks (personal exp).

tigerlily38
December 19th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Please don't cut your hair, it is beautiful. I am waiting for that length :)

sayshell
December 19th, 2010, 01:19 AM
Well it depends what you really have to ask your self, is are you doing it for other people and how you want them to perceive you, or for your self? I don't think you need to cut it to know what it looks like short, but for a reference your hair will weigh approximently 60 grams according to my calculations, so you won't feel much different. Its not going to feel like you can fly or something when you cut it off. If you cut it its going to take like 15 years to grow back, so if you regret it you will really really regret it.

From a third person point of view...
I think it looks amazing, but I can tell you most guys won't think that and the majority of people in general don't like excessive things. its like most women like guys with muscles but don't like guys who are insanely ripped 300 lb monsters. However most guys would admire someone with 300lbs of muscle. So most the people who admire your hair will be women I think.
Ive talked to a billion men and the majority by far think mid back is the best looking and its more majestic and blows everywhere. Personally I love super long hair.

So if you are doing it for your self, then I have no advice whatsoever and if you are doing it for other people then cut it.
I don't think anyone but your close friends and stuff can tell you to make that kind of decision

VitisVinifera
December 19th, 2010, 01:39 AM
I find it rather twisted to want someone to be jealous of your hair. That's a pretty dark motivation and its sick.

Wow, that was kind of harsh. :( It might not be the most virtuous motivation but I wouldn't say it's any of those things!

Toadstool
December 19th, 2010, 01:42 AM
I think it's incredibly rude to call someone else's motivation sick.

leslissocool
December 19th, 2010, 02:03 AM
I think you should try cutting some edgy layers first. Nothing too dramatic. If you love the look and think you should go shorter, then go for it. I think you should try it so that you can determine if long hair is really you, I didn't know long hair was really me until I had it cut to ear :(... Never again...

I honestly think your hair is to die for! I love how healthy and satin like it looks...It's so sexy and unique! That's the hair I want someday :) and your texture and curl seem very similar to mine, just way lighter... Just make sure you do llong layers since short layers can be very poofy on hair that waves and curls...

Good luck! If you do decide to cut it, save your hair!! And please take lots of pictures and share them!

Jealousy is one of our primal instincts, it's something that is completely natural (my one year old twins are jealous of each other, I started clapping when one did something amazing one day and the other started crying and following me around, grabbing my hands every time i reached for the one I complemented). How can that be twisted? Jealousy can turn ugly but mostly on people that cannot deal with it. There is always someone who is prettier, more successful or that has something that we want and are jealous or envious of. That can be strong motivation for us as individuals to go for what we want: look at her hair, it is so magical and beautiful! I can't believe her hair is that amazing, I wish I had her hair. I want that hair, I will grow and take care of my hair until I get it the way she has it. That's an example of jealousy.

I want people to be jealous of my hair as much as I am jealous of people who's hair is healthier and at the length I want. I guess I am sick and twisted too, and I guess my baby twins who aren't conscious of their actions are sick and twisted too. That's just rude!

Bene
December 19th, 2010, 02:28 AM
I suppose I'm having trouble relating as my reason for wanting long hair isn't because it's rare, original and it people envy it. I grow my hair for the same reason I own a dog. It's mine, I can care for it, I work towards keeping it healthy and happy, and it makes me smile when it gets a new toy to play with.

However, I'm looking at the pictures and in the second set (image on the far right) the hemline looks drastically uneven. The left side appears significantly shorter than the right, it could just be how it happened to fall. It could benefit from a trim. Perhaps you'd be happier with it if the hemline was touched up?

spidermom
December 19th, 2010, 11:31 AM
I have the impression that you're more a dramatic type and would want to make a drastic change if you make a change at all. (am I wrong?)

chargersfan
December 19th, 2010, 12:06 PM
However, I'm looking at the pictures and in the second set (image on the far right) the hemline looks drastically uneven. The left side appears significantly shorter than the right, it could just be how it happened to fall. It could benefit from a trim. Perhaps you'd be happier with it if the hemline was touched up?

This. Perhaps a large trim, back to waist or so, would satisfy the urge to cut, keep it fairly long, and give a nice even hemline. I had a friend who had hair almost your length and cut back to around waist - the difference looked drastic on her, but her hair still felt "long" to her, and she looked amazing.

Roseate
December 19th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Honestly, this is why I've always been glad my mom kept my hair at a kind of middling length when I was a kid. I never had to face this kind of decision; I was able to grow my hair out as an adult and know that the choice was mine either way.

Your hair is gorgeous, but I totally understand wanting a change. It sounds like a good idea to go shorter gradually until you find a length you love; there are so many great lengths between your current length and bald, and you can sample them all in reverse!

Oldive
December 19th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Been there done that - My hair was at knee, and one morning in the shower i was cursing how long it was taking and I asked myself "Why did I grow my hair long? So it would be easy to take care of!" And boy was it ever not easy to take care of. So, I cut it up to hip, since i wasn't sure if i still wanted long hair or not, and as someone said, cutting a bit off won't be so hard to grow out again.

From hip its grown down to classic, and I started to get bored with it, because I've had the same "look" my entire life. So i got bangs/fringe. That was nice for awhile, but after doing the long-hair-disinterested-affection, dealing with the daily upkeep of bangs/fringe was way too much, so i've been letting them grow out.

At the moment, I'm at a little more than classic, with grown out to chin bangs/fringe. I'm eyeing doing the big cut just as something new, different, and it would definitely be different. I've been growing my hair since I was 12. And as DH says, if I cut it short once, and I don't like it, I will never have to cut it again.

My overall advice from this meandering story? If you are looking at a change, try cutting it up to TBL, or hip, and see if you like it. It will be at a more manageable "down" length, and if you hate it, you will never have to cut it again :) But - if you get to the point the scissors are coming for your hair and you freak? DON'T CUT! way better to say you changed your mind then bemoan the loss of your hair.

Deborah
December 19th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Your hair looks healthy, but drastically uneven and ragged at the bottom. Plus you sound bored stiff with it. I think cutting somewhere between tailbone and waist would look good, would feel like a substantial change, yet it would still be long.

Then, if you still don't like it and are bored with it, cut some more off. Going right to short is a little risky, as if you don't like it, you are stuck with short, then chin, then medium for a long time. If you take your time cutting it off in stages, you are more likely to learn where you actually do like it.

I don't think you need or would benefit from bangs or side layers, unless you decide to go a lot shorter. One length seems like a good look for you.

So, there's my take on it. It's up to you of course, but I think you'd be happier with a good, substantial cut.

Eire
December 20th, 2010, 12:01 AM
I don't think your hair is thin, I just think the ends need trimming. Cutting to about hip or waist would even up the hemline and make it look a lot thicker.

Jemoiselle
December 20th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Oz, I myself was in a similar situation last Feb. I was almost at classic length so not as long as yours but still long enough to have established it as a real part of my identity that I embraced and both detested some days! I kept thinking of the same things, would I look better, more youthful or more sexy with a younger more trendy modern cut? I debated it for months really, and then decided to chop on the basis of "If I chop and hate it, it will grow back. If I chop and love it, I will have gained years of new enjoyment. If I don't chop, I gain nothing nor lose but inevitably will never know."

Well, I chopped my almost classic length hair in Feb/March into an a-line,super short, above jawbone length bob and it was incredible for a couple of days. DAYS! Then, I realized the magnitude of what I'd done, sobbed on and off for months, and regretted it and restarted the long process of regrowing. I am just now at shoulder length, about 17 inches from 40-ish. How sad. Now the reasoning goes that you might love your new hair, and have much to gain from it. However, the opposite conclusion is so painful and takes so long to recover from, I wouldn't wish it on anyone else. It's so hard though, that truly, I suppose I didn't know until I cut mine!

Next time I have it grown out I know I will appreciate it more, and deal with the days I feel "little house on the prairie" instead of "princess diva femme fatale" hehe. Only you can make the decision one way or another, but i must say your hair is enchanting and lovely. It does remind me of a fairy tale princess style, and you know what? Life is what you make it! Why shouldn't life be magical? I adore your ringlets too. My hair had those after it had been in a bun all day, because it is so fine ;) I think that is one of the benefits of having really long hair that is fine! Extra tight ringlets, though I suspect yours are just natural, bun or no bun hehe.

Best of luck to you, let us all know how you're doing and what you decide!

Yours,
Jemoiselle

EmiliaF
December 20th, 2010, 01:57 AM
I agree with Jemoiselle.
I cut my hair once from hip to a very short bob and it was great for a few weeks, but then I realized how much I missed my hair and that it was actually (even if it sounds weird) part of my personality. I didn't really feel like myself with short hair.

With long hair I feel girly. I always wear heels of some sort and like to have my hair down when I go out. But I can still put it up when I want be more serious (e.g. for a job interview).
With short hair I always felt it looked weird with heels or skirts/dresses. I felt more like the sporty type (which I am absolutely not) and certainly did not feel very girly.

These are obviously just my own very subjective feelings.
My point is that at least for me the picture I have had of myself changed drastically.
So I would also suggest to start with cutting to waist and then see what it's like.

BUT I can also understand the thrill of being drastic... everyone kept telling me back then to cut step-wise, but wanted to be drastic, because I didn't think hip to waist or BSL is really a change...

Maverick494
December 20th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Okay, many of you are probably not going to agree with what I'm about to say and I really mean no offense, but I think a big chop would do you good.

Judging from your pictures, your hair is healthy but it tapers a lot after you reached BSL/midback. Cutting it off to that length would make it look much thicker overall, while keeping it at a length where you can grow it long again quick if you wish.

Make no mistake, I LOVE long hair. But I love thick hemlines more. And if you're tired of your hair or no longer happy with it, I think it's time for a change. But that's just me, and if you shudder at the mere thought of this idea, by all means ignore my post.

Khiwanean
December 20th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Please cut back a little at a time if you decide that's what you want to do. I cut back from mid back length to chin and felt like I was no longer anchored to the ground. It was disconcerting and I didn't like it at all. Granted, I only cut it that short because I was growing out bangs and that's how long my bangs were.

Bangs or layers should be an easier transition as far as the loss of weight goes.

joiekimochi
December 20th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Or you could do as I did and buy a wig in a drastically different style for those days when you feel so bored with your hair:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5193&pictureid=91097

I've been feeling the length-boredom and buying this wig helped a lot. I no longer feel the urge to mess with my hair and whenever I take the wig off at the end of the day, I feel a sense of happiness and relief to see my real, longer hair, and I treasure it more.

By the way, anyone who says that long hair is little-girlish and shorter hair is more grown-up should look at my pic. I look 10 years younger with short hair!!

Oz
December 20th, 2010, 08:04 AM
hey YALL! cheers for all the replies.. (im new to forums in general and now feel really popular hehe)

1st of all, I ither want it chin length bob, pixie, OR exactly how it is. though I will probably do this search ad destroy thing ive been reading about here... to tidy up the ends a LITTLE but I really dont like the look of clean cut ends on long hair... fairytale is where is AT man.

it does look very uneaven in the photo but i think thats because half is still caught over my sholder... :/ it doesnt look that bad (or sadly that shiny) in real life. it is still a bit at odd lengths though.

thanks so much for all the compliments.... most of you are quite right. I want a change becuase I've never known what I look like with i short.

and as for little girl.. the emphasis was on liltte GIRL not LITTLE girl (laura croft is a great example of long hair looking grown up) I find my hair easy to take care of becuase I dont ever do anyting with it.. no products.. no special washes or drying times.... and the styles i like to do sometimes are easy, quick and fun enough. if i went short.. i would go to school with bed head and not wory about styling it up.

I think im a boy at heart. and thats why I recon the long girly locks doesnt suit my personality (with a name like Oz and check out how I talk/write)

I will try out some photoshop looks... I am actualy an artist/bohemian.. vegan hippy kind of person so long does suit me in that regard.... very joni mitchel with a folk guitar... on occation.

I dont meen that I like peple to be jelous.... not at all... what I like is how people can bitch about how i 'need' to get it cut.. but i can feel secure about myelf becuase im confident and awear that they are just jelous or not adventurous enough to be different. I think its a very healthy attitude.

thanks for thouse that stuck up for me.

I will deffinatly be trying that faux bob look. thanks a lot for that... if you do know of any more (im nto sure where to look) id love to have them.
thank you.

Deborah
December 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Since you want a drastic change or none, then maybe go for the chin length bob. That way, if you are still bored with your hair, you still have the option to snip to the pixie.

Trying on a couple of wigs does sound like a good idea, just to see how you'd look with short hair. It might confirm that you should go ahead and chop, or it may let you see that you don't like how you look in short hair. Good luck with whatever you do! :)

spidermom
December 20th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I've been checking back to see if we hear from you again; glad you responded to your own thread, and good luck figuring out what's right for you.

curlymarcia
December 20th, 2010, 01:50 PM
I understand your desire of experimenting a new hairstyle that express you better. But I am so in love with your hair (I think it is so beautiful right now), but is you are ready for a change, go ahead! I do not suggest any big chop, first cut to some inches, then cut to classic, then to TB, to waist. And remember that curls can shrink more in shorter haircuts. Good luck with what you decide :)

BeccaAngel
December 20th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Your hair looks lovely regardless if your wearing a nice dress or more casual like wearing jeans.

feb26
December 20th, 2010, 02:10 PM
In both pics you're wearing your hair down...which makes me wonder, are you playing with braids and updos? Maybe you just need a bit of variety if you're not..updos will help get rid of the little-girl syndrome you mention..and yes, I can see how you would feel that about your hair..it's very curly and looks fine, princessy. But very beautiful! Take it slow, I'd cut to BSL, you can always grow it back if you don't like it.

Arya
December 20th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I don't really think that very long hair is necessarily 'girly'. I know lots of very tomboyish girls who have super long hair. But yes, I think you're underestimating the annoyance of short hair. Short hair gets in your eyes, and short cuts have to be cut like once a month to maintain their shortness. I have long hair because I am waay to lazy to take care of short hair. I find it sticks out at odd angles, becomes a whole different texture, is prone to cowlicks, and I'm just too damn lazy to schedule a cut once a month. Then you've got to deal with bad hairdressers/hair cuts you don't necessarily like every month or two. If you plan on styling your hair, factor that by 10.

So cut it if you want a change, but don't assume it's any less work, even if you wanna just roll out of bed. hairdressers are annoying.

Anywhere
December 20th, 2010, 07:12 PM
If you're an all or nothing kind of girl, then I change my vote to going for the chop. I feel like you might be on and off wondering on if you'd like it short or not. Cutting would let you know for sure. :shrug:

misslicorice
December 20th, 2010, 07:15 PM
WOW. Your hair is gorgeous! The texture and color are so pretty. Keeping it long allows you to show off those features to their best advantage, in my opinion. :)

The thing to keep in mind about short hair is that it can be surprisingly high maintenance. You can't just wear shoulder length hair at all one length, never style it and expect it to look awesome. Or I can't, anyway. :p

Also, a lot of short styles grow out into an awkward shape, making it difficult to skip trips to the salon. And if your stylist didn't give you a good, flattering cut, you may end up stuck with weird cowlicks and other such irritating things. Can you tell I'm speaking from experience here? haha

It sounds like the other posters have given you some excellent advice about not doing anything drastic all at once!

Arya
December 20th, 2010, 07:24 PM
OH also, short hair is like instantly oily. If you have normal or oily hair, you have to wash your hair every day if you don't want it to look like a grease slick.

spidermom
December 20th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Beware hair that has no weight to pull it down. It could end up like this natural, air-dried, growing-out pixie:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/BOONEW.jpg

Yup; that was all mine.

tinywife
December 20th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Dang your hair is beautiful girl!! But for what it's worth, I say don't be afraid to experiment. I always wanted to try certain things (e.g. blue hair, being fully Gothic) but I kept putting them on the back burner until I got older (hoping I'd be less afraid then), and now it's too late because I have a career to think of. Don't make the same mistake I did. But most of all I hope you make the right decision for YOU and no one else.

Your long hair is very pretty, but the very prettiest thing on you will be whatever is truly "you." May you find what that is, and enjoy the journey!

ETA:
...Also - in spite of the bad rep about chopping too much at once, dramatic changes are incredibly fun.

Oz
December 21st, 2010, 04:51 AM
the thing is... That look is SOO me hehehehe

castano
December 21st, 2010, 07:24 AM
you apparently really want a change but as said previously, go step by step. I think you shouldn't cut it more than the classic length first, which isn't childish at all to me

Madame J
December 21st, 2010, 07:29 AM
Looking at your picture, I'm going to tell you what I would do (you're welcome to pay attention or not, as you like): I would cut back to waist, and then give it a month or two to see if I liked that. Then, if I still didn't like it, I'd consider a shorter cut.

Your hair is beautiful, and I used to literally go to bed wishing I had hair your color, texture, and length.

eilz90
December 21st, 2010, 03:46 PM
I dont meen that I like peple to be jelous.... not at all... what I like is how people can bitch about how i 'need' to get it cut.. but i can feel secure about myelf becuase im confident and awear that they are just jelous or not adventurous enough to be different. I think its a very healthy attitude.

Sorry to burst your bubble... I think those telling you to cut it are actually being nothing more than honest people, not bitches. Yes! Long hair is truly wonderful! We lurrrve long hair! But honey, you really need to get them ends seen to! Even if you cut up to the waist your hair is still going to be RIDICULOUSLY LONG and at a length that is just UNNATAINABLE to most of us mere mortals. If people were jealous of the length of your hair, when they go to the salon to get hair extensions they would be asking for extensions of your hair length which nobody does so go figure.

Tom Steinberg
December 21st, 2010, 03:58 PM
I guess if you like it, then it's you :) If you ask me you're drop dead gorgeous with long hair, but then I am of course partial...

Annalouise
December 21st, 2010, 04:04 PM
I like your long hair. :)

spidermom
December 21st, 2010, 04:08 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble... I think those telling you to cut it are actually being nothing more than honest people, not bitches. Yes! Long hair is truly wonderful! We lurrrve long hair! But honey, you really need to get them ends seen to! Even if you cut up to the waist your hair is still going to be RIDICULOUSLY LONG and at a length that is just UNNATAINABLE to most of us mere mortals. If people were jealous of the length of your hair, when they go to the salon to get hair extensions they would be asking for extensions of your hair length which nobody does so go figure.

This is very familiar to me. I came into LHC with the same attitude. I came to realize that there is a wider range of beautiful than my (at the time) narrow view.

prosperina
December 21st, 2010, 04:33 PM

The OP said she liked fairy tale ends. Which means, if you're unfamilar with the jargon around here, she doesn't want blunt, thick ends. She wants the thinner, tapered wispy ends.

Second, people don't ask for extensions as long as the OP's hair because they don't come that long. I looked into extensions briefly, not becaue I ever wanted them, but because I was curious as to why people did it and how long you could go, and they don't come that long. You can go to about bra strap length and that's it. And you can only keep them in for about a year and that will run you hundreds of dollars.

Third, what spidermom said.

To OP: I think you'd look cute with a short spiky pixie. If you're adventurous enough huge, abrupt changes can be exhilirating. I did a short cut, on a whim, and it was fun for a while, then I decided I preferred long hair. :flowers:

MafiaPrincess
December 21st, 2010, 06:16 PM
I totally understand your situation Oz. I too have never had short hair. In grade 8 I guess mine was tailbone length. Until I got here I never thought of lengths in terms of anything other than long or short. I could sit on it. I had some issues styling it myself. Wore it braided 99% of the time. Cut it to waist in grade 9. It's been waist to tailbone pretty much as far back as I can remember and is still. I have thought about a major change, but can't.

At one point in university I had what didn't seem like a major change to me. I guess it was 3-4" above waist. I didn't really notice, family and friends commented for months over my 'short' hair.

I off and on think about making a change, but I like my hair.. and like it more now that I'm learning new buns and have bought hair toys. Somehow I'd made it 27 years with minimal toys.

Just wanted to say I totally understand your decision.

Oz
December 22nd, 2010, 07:48 AM

i like split ends. i like how it looks. i hate cut ends i hate how it looks. when you go through highschool and are constantly bullied for being different.. what ever the reason, if its becuase of my long hair.. the fact that im southern in a northen town, wear classess or suck at sports but can play grade 13 piano... they will use something that makes you differnt to bully you with.. and they are bullying you becuase they arnt brave enough to be differnt.
split ends.. ratty hair never hurt anyone. to look at or to have.

Oz
December 22nd, 2010, 07:54 AM
I totally understand your situation Oz. I too have never had short hair. In grade 8 I guess mine was tailbone length. Until I got here I never thought of lengths in terms of anything other than long or short. I could sit on it. I had some issues styling it myself. Wore it braided 99% of the time. Cut it to waist in grade 9. It's been waist to tailbone pretty much as far back as I can remember and is still. I have thought about a major change, but can't.

At one point in university I had what didn't seem like a major change to me. I guess it was 3-4" above waist. I didn't really notice, family and friends commented for months over my 'short' hair.

I off and on think about making a change, but I like my hair.. and like it more now that I'm learning new buns and have bought hair toys. Somehow I'd made it 27 years with minimal toys.

Just wanted to say I totally understand your decision.

your right.. this is just like me. (only Ive never cut mine) i am starting to enjoy it being long now that im free to experiment more. I never eperimented before because i hated the attention and thought i was ugrly anyway so no amount of hair toys could improve me.

now im learning lots of cute, funky, easy and origional styles and realiseing how very versitile long hair is and is probbaly much easyer to take care of than a short cut.

thanks for your reply

HairFaerie
December 22nd, 2010, 09:49 AM
First off, I would like to say your hair is beautiful!

Secondly, I would like to admit that I browsed through your photos on the link you posted and I was absolutely floored by what at AMAZING ARTIST you are!!! Your art has *feeling* to it and a lot of it touched me very deeply. Some people have artistic talent and might be able to draw or paint, etc., but the talent that you have at creating FEELING with your art, is exceptional and a very rare gift!

Whatever you decide to do with your hair is up to you. The good thing is, if you don't like short hair, you can always grow it back!

I would love to see more of your art...do you have a website or something showcasing it? If so, please send me a private message with the link. You have a special gift and it makes me happy knowing that you are able to express yourself so explicitly with your art. I am an artist too, but I struggle with projecting emotion through my art. Your art was a huge inspiration for me! Thank you!

Vuvuzela
December 22nd, 2010, 02:27 PM
first of all, you are REALLY pretty! second, your hair is also pretty and it's your choice to cut it or not, but i think you'd look great with bra strap to mid-back length.

spidermom
December 22nd, 2010, 03:24 PM
I can understand not being bothered by split ends, but liking them? Can't imagine.

jesis
December 22nd, 2010, 03:29 PM
Chop it off, then you will for sure know if you like it or not. :) Just a suggestion.

Arya
December 22nd, 2010, 03:32 PM
your right.. this is just like me. (only Ive never cut mine) i am starting to enjoy it being long now that im free to experiment more. I never eperimented before because i hated the attention and thought i was ugrly anyway so no amount of hair toys could improve me.

now im learning lots of cute, funky, easy and origional styles and realiseing how very versitile long hair is and is probbaly much easyer to take care of than a short cut.

thanks for your reply

long hair doesn't have to be princessy. You can have really funky long hair. Braids are bada**. My hair looks super long when I do dutch braids, and when I was breakdancing/doing TKD/Aikido, I always wore it in either two dutch braids or one diagonal lace braid curving around my head.

haha, Idunno how you can be cool with split ends. For me they are the archenemy. I hunt them down like the little guerilla rebels they are.

Oz
December 22nd, 2010, 07:11 PM
First off, I would like to say your hair is beautiful!

Secondly, I would like to admit that I browsed through your photos on the link you posted and I was absolutely floored by what at AMAZING ARTIST you are!!! Your art has *feeling* to it and a lot of it touched me very deeply. Some people have artistic talent and might be able to draw or paint, etc., but the talent that you have at creating FEELING with your art, is exceptional and a very rare gift!

Whatever you decide to do with your hair is up to you. The good thing is, if you don't like short hair, you can always grow it back!

I would love to see more of your art...do you have a website or something showcasing it? If so, please send me a private message with the link. You have a special gift and it makes me happy knowing that you are able to express yourself so explicitly with your art. I am an artist too, but I struggle with projecting emotion through my art. Your art was a huge inspiration for me! Thank you!

hi hairfaerie.. you will have to give me your email or something.. we can chat art and inspiration.. i cant PM you. i havent got the privalages.... missmercyerin@googlemail.com

Uni&Corn
December 22nd, 2010, 10:12 PM
Your long hair is truly beautiful. Like others have said, I would advise cutting a little bit at at a time if you do decide to go shorter. Who knows, maybe you'll look just as good with short hair!

Personally, though, I think your hair looks great as is. However, I know that's not the point. You should do what you want with your hair :)

AnnaJamila
December 22nd, 2010, 10:19 PM
I second the opinion of trying a wig- wear it around for a few days and see how you like it. If you really want to chop at the end of this expiriment I'd advise against a huge one. Try layering it and trimming back up to tailbone, then go from there. You can give yourself a panic attack if you pixi-fy it and end up hating it a week later.

McFearless
December 22nd, 2010, 10:35 PM
The only way to know if you like long hair is to cut it. You'll know immediately. I say cut it to even up the hemline, its uneven. Change is fun, and can be great for people who have always had one hair length. Good job keeping your hair healthy, it looks very soft!

mellie89
December 22nd, 2010, 10:54 PM
I had a good friend who was in a similar situation. She had super long hair ever since she was a little kid (we met in preschool, and it was already incredibly long then), and she cut it all off out of the blue one day in eighth grade. She absolutely loved the change! She was no longer defined by her hair, and I think that the chop was almost spiritual for her in a way, allowing her to shed her old identity and have a fresh start before high school. She's bounced around since then, but her hair hasn't been longer than about BSL. Granted, you're not 13, but I wanted to share anyway. :)

Give it some time, and if you still want a change in a few weeks, then I'd say go for it! It will grow back, and at least if you hate it, you'll know for sure that you prefer your hair long.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with a word of this. :(

McFearless
December 22nd, 2010, 11:43 PM

Do you mean that the people telling her to cut are just pushing what they want her hair to look like and are not secretly spiteful? If so, I kind of agree. I think people like to use the "they are jealous" excuse a lot and I'm sure some are...but I think in general people are just giving their opinions.

adiapalic
December 23rd, 2010, 12:20 AM
Do you mean that the people telling her to cut are just pushing what they want her hair to look like and are not secretly spiteful? If so, I kind of agree. I think people like to use the "they are jealous" excuse a lot and I'm sure some are...but I think in general people are just giving their opinions.

I'd hazard a guess and say that it is generally people reacting out of jealousy. They're imposing their opinion on another to boost their own sense of superiority. It's a social rank thing--if you take the opportunity to not only have an opinion, but assert that opinion as correct and true, it makes the other person seem less or wrong in that respect. It gives them social high ground.

In reality it's a competition and rivalry thing. They may not be jealous of that person's hair, but they may be jealous of that person's own self-assurance they they grew their hair out and are happy enough with themselves to be unlike others. So they effort to invalidate that person by attacking something they obviously give great care to--like grow hair out long in spite of what others say.

ETA: I've never had someone insult me for having long hair, however.

Also, I think the OP is justified in not wanting blunt ends. While I do keep my own ends hemmed up, I cringe when I read others saying "Puh-lease trim them ragged ol' ends up!"

Bene
December 23rd, 2010, 12:35 AM
I'd hazard a guess and say that it is generally people reacting out of jealousy. They're imposing their opinion on another to boost their own sense of superiority. It's a social rank thing--if you take the opportunity to not only have an opinion, but assert that opinion as correct and true, it makes the other person seem less or wrong in that respect. It gives them social high ground.

In reality it's a competition and rivalry thing. They may not be jealous of that person's hair, but they may be jealous of that person's own self-assurance they they grew their hair out and are happy enough with themselves to be unlike others. So they effort to invalidate that person by attacking something they obviously give great care to--like grow hair out long in spite of what others say.

I think falling back on the ""it's just jealousy" is a bit of a cop out. Really sometimes, it has nothing to do with envy. Sometimes, the person genuinely doesn't like something, but doesn't have the sense to keep their trap shut.

For example, I don't like mullets. I think they're hideous. For the sake of argument, let's say one day I were to forget that it's not nice to blurt everything out and actually tell someone that their mullet looks ugly/stupid, they'd be mistaken in thinking that I'm just envious. And their silly little retort "You're just jealous" makes them sound really really delusional.

McFearless
December 23rd, 2010, 12:46 AM

ETA: I've never had someone insult me for having long hair, however.

Also, I think the OP is justified in not wanting blunt ends. While I do keep my own ends hemmed up, I cringe when I read others saying "Puh-lease trim them ragged ol' ends up!"

I see your point. I do think not everyone is jealous of a certain trait but they might want to say have somone cut their hair if they know its a source of pride in order to have power over that person.

Of course the OP can decide for herself what she wants but personally I like my ends to look a certain way so I said I think her hair could stand to be a little more even. Just like some told her to keep growing. In the end its her choice. :)

Venefica
December 23rd, 2010, 01:24 AM
I think that long hair can look very funky it depends on how you wear it. Long and flowing with bows becomes very sweet and can be very fantasy princess, but if you for example braid it in three long brains and add some colorful beads then it will be very modern. I would look around the internet for inspiration for how to make your hair more funky before you cut it, it will take a long time to regrow your hair if you cut it.

Henrietta
December 23rd, 2010, 09:49 AM
To me it looks beautiful no matter if you're wearing a dress or jeans:)
Maybe it's not about changing your hair but about changing anything in your life? I feel that sometimes. The need for a change. Not a deep one, connected with my character or approach to the life. The simple one, referring to the appearance. I consider doing something with my bangs etc. Maybe that's it? Maybe it's not about hair at all?
But if it is, if you feel like you have long hair only because it is long and it would be so weird not to have it "because what will people say, I have been known for my long hair" just try to cut it a few inches. You will see if shorter feels better.

Spike
December 23rd, 2010, 10:08 AM
I chopped my waistlength hair when I bought a convertible. I wanted to be able to let my hair blow in the wind and not deal with tangles.

I loved the change when I hit pixie. My only regret was not taking the clippers in my own hands for a Ceasar. (Stylists can be such . . . wimps when you want an extreme style. Where were all the scissor happy folks now??)

Wore it short short for years, finally decided I missed the long hair and grew it back so I could do updos.

The pro with REALLY short hair were the easy care--wet it and go. Kind of like the pros of fairly long hair--wet it, bun it, and go.

The cons of short hair were the monthly trips to the stylist to get it cut off again. And not being able to do anything substantially different for special occasions.

Bottom line--do what you love with your hair. It will grow back if you decide that's what you want. But primarily, YOU have to be happy with it.

jaine
December 23rd, 2010, 12:31 PM
I wasn't able to see the picture for some reason. But I personally loved the two pixie cuts that I have had in my own hair so far. I felt like each time I cut it short, it "unveiled" a different aspect of my personality that I wouldn't have known about otherwise. That was fun and illuminating.

Both of my pixie cuts were somewhat drastic ... for the first one I went from waist length to pixie and the other I went from shoulder to pixie with about a week of chin length in between. No regrets!

Jezerellica
December 23rd, 2010, 01:10 PM
I second maybe adding bangs or face framing layers before going for a full chop. Just like many said it's a really long way back to where you were!
You are at a place so many of us long for. Long beautiful, gorgeous hair. But it is all you have ever had. I recently changed my mind about a few face framing layers. I like to have some softness around my face when doing updos. Also consider looking at luxepiggys pics. She has a funky way of pulling out a few strands and having it looks so cool! The great thing about hair is it does grow back, but not fast enough for most of us as you read here!! LOL! Do what your heart tells you. I just remember being in the shower after a serious cut of over 6" and you feel it and it feels really sad...just a warning.

jaine
December 23rd, 2010, 01:28 PM
Just like many said it's a really long way back to where you were!.

I'm having a zen moment thinking about that ... and I think it's a plus! :) Metaphorically I don't think I ever got back to "where I was" before my short haircuts ... I don't think I ever will. This is both in a literal sense (my hair grew back darker and with a different texture) but more so in a metaphorical sense ... by the time my hair grows back, I'm a completely a different person, different cells, different habits, different knowledge, different beliefs about myself, and even different emotions and needs than I had before. It's kind of cool actually.

adiapalic
December 23rd, 2010, 02:12 PM
I think falling back on the ""it's just jealousy" is a bit of a cop out. Really sometimes, it has nothing to do with envy. Sometimes, the person genuinely doesn't like something, but doesn't have the sense to keep their trap shut.

For example, I don't like mullets. I think they're hideous. For the sake of argument, let's say one day I were to forget that it's not nice to blurt everything out and actually tell someone that their mullet looks ugly/stupid, they'd be mistaken in thinking that I'm just envious. And their silly little retort "You're just jealous" makes them sound really really delusional.

I agree that saying "You're just jealous." is one of the more childish retorts. It falls back on simplistic reasonong--implying that the person who blurted out something must be jealous of what they've criticized.

The motivation behind criticizing someone is not always the same. It may actually be out of rivalry/jealousy for some reason--possibly a reason completely unrelated to what they criticize. Some just want to bring others down.
However, forgetting your manners and blurting something out that you really mean is a whole other animal. :laugh: I'm guilty of it from time to time. :o

spidermom
December 23rd, 2010, 02:26 PM
I used to encourage a long-haired friend to cut her hair, and it was partly envy, but it was also partly because she complained about it. Seemed simple to me - if 3 feet of hair tangled too much, cut it back a foot or two. I understand better now. I love my long hair, but some days I hate it and complain about it.

eilz90
December 23rd, 2010, 03:08 PM
i like split ends. i like how it looks. i hate cut ends i hate how it looks. when you go through highschool and are constantly bullied for being different.. what ever the reason, if its becuase of my long hair.. the fact that im southern in a northen town, wear classess or suck at sports but can play grade 13 piano... they will use something that makes you differnt to bully you with.. and they are bullying you becuase they arnt brave enough to be differnt.
split ends.. ratty hair never hurt anyone. to look at or to have.

I stand by my opinion. I don't think people are jealous of your hair. I get comments for my pale skin alot. Are the people that say I look like a ghost just jealous? Hardly. These are girls that wear fake tan and worship the sun so to them being tanned is beautiful. I love my white skin but it is not for everyone. Not everyone that knocks you for something are jealous of it. If I ask every one of my friends that would love to have long hair to show me what length they would like they will put their hand just under their bra strap. Not one has put their hand somewhere near where your length would be. To people in this forum yes maybe your hair is enviable, but to the majority of people in society your hair would be considered too long to be attractive. Just saying...

lapushka
December 23rd, 2010, 04:18 PM
To people in this forum yes maybe your hair is enviable, but to the majority of people in society your hair would be considered too long to be attractive. Just saying...

So you know a few people who don't like hair that's longer than BSL. That's hardly everyone.

It's her hair and ultimately, she'll do what she likes with it. If she's going to cut it, better it be because *she* wants to cut it, and not because it's "socially acceptable", or because other people want to force her or think it's too long.

If someone were to tell me my hair's too long, I'd smack them upside the head and tell them not to stick their nose where it doesn't belong. You don't get anywhere by being rude.

Oz
December 24th, 2010, 07:20 AM
I stand by my opinion. I don't think people are jealous of your hair. I get comments for my pale skin alot. Are the people that say I look like a ghost just jealous? Hardly. These are girls that wear fake tan and worship the sun so to them being tanned is beautiful. I love my white skin but it is not for everyone. Not everyone that knocks you for something are jealous of it. If I ask every one of my friends that would love to have long hair to show me what length they would like they will put their hand just under their bra strap. Not one has put their hand somewhere near where your length would be. To people in this forum yes maybe your hair is enviable, but to the majority of people in society your hair would be considered too long to be attractive. Just saying...

you dont get what im saying,,

not everyone is jealous of my hair. but people that tell me to cut it are most likley to be 'jealous' of my self confedence to be origional. people fear difference.. so they attack it.

some people are just saying they think it would look better short and looks bad long.. i dont.

its not about jealousy of hair, its about daring to not conform to social expectations. so maybe jealousy is the wrong word.. and its actually fear on their part.

and i'm only talking about the people that are horrible about it.

I dont tell people with short hair they should grow it long.

Anywhere
December 24th, 2010, 10:45 AM
you dont get what im saying,,

not everyone is jealous of my hair. but people that tell me to cut it are most likley to be 'jealous' of my self confedence to be origional. people fear difference.. so they attack it.

some people are just saying they think it would look better short and looks bad long.. i dont.

<snip>
(bolded is mine)

Now it seems to me like you like your long hair, but are bored with it. It wouldn't hurt to trim it, and it wouldn't hurt to leave it, but yes. From your last post I think you do like long hair. :shrug:

ETA: Or it could be you only like long hair because you enjoy being different and nonconformist, but deep down you don't like it too much (hence this thread). From what you've posted you don't like blunt ends, so if you do decide to get it cut have some thinning shears snip a bit off the ends to thin them up.

I bet I'm making no sense, am I? heh.

enfys
December 24th, 2010, 11:18 AM
My daily outfits are always a variation on jeans, a jumper, hoodie and indusstrial boots. I think long hair works fine with that. In the summer and for special occassions I will wear a dress and long hair goes with that too.

I had hair past classic length and at your age I felt the same; it had always been long. I gradually cut it to APL/BSL ish and cut a fringe. I'm growing it back out. What it has meant is that some occassions where I wish I'd had my looooong hair, I didn't because of that blip.

I remember your first thread here last year, and you do seem, deep down to love your long hair and see meaning in it. I also think it really suits you long. Try and play with it more and try out more styles with it before you write it off as too girly. There's lots of variations on braids that could look stunning, and buns can be held with mini swords and all sorts!

Quixii
December 24th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I know how you feel. (At least, partially.)
I love my hair. I really do. But I've never had short hair. The only time it was short was when I was a baby, so I wasn't old enough for to have grown yet. I've never cut it more than a trim.
Am I curious about having short hair? You bet. Have I occasionally toyed with the idea of getting a bob or something, just to see if I like it? Well, yes. But do I ultimately love my hair, how it makes me different, its beauty, and most things about it? Yes.
So I don't think I'm going to cut it, but I will always be at least a little curious.

Jemoiselle
December 27th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Oz, I want to compliment your character, especially as someone new to our boards. I have been following this thread and the replies, and am so sad to see hurtful things being said. We at LHC are better than that, we should be supporting each other not jumping into conversations with nothing nice to say! It's just mean.

The fact that this site is mysteriously packed with outstanding people is why I love it here, I am a sensitive person and enjoy the amount of love and support that overflows this site! This is an amazing bunch :cheese: I am so amazed by how well you've kept your composure. I wish I could be more like you in that regard! I usually stop visiting sites when people are allowed to be mean just for the sake of being mean. Call me spineless, but I prefer to call it following my bliss. If something doesn't add beauty to my life or appreciate the beauty in my heart I offer freely, I just don't offer it anymore and move on :o Life is too short to treat each other with anything less than love!

I am excited to see what you decide to do! Please keep us posted and give us some pics when and if you make a change! ;)

lyria
December 27th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Oz, I want to compliment your character, especially as someone new to our boards. I have been following this thread and the replies, and am so sad to see hurtful things being said. We at LHC are better than that

I just wanted to second this post! I think your hair is very impressive. Whether or not it is right for you is your decision. I understand that people have differing opinions, but some here have expressed them surprisingly negative ways. I hope those who did will reconsider their methods of communication. And I hope you find the right length for yourself!

midnightwolf
December 27th, 2010, 07:35 AM
wow, your hair is amazing! id recommend not cutting it. if you are just bored with it, get something done with it but keep the length.

McFearless
December 27th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Maybe I missed it but I didn't find posts in this thread to be mean or hurtful..
I think everyone agrees the OP has beautiful hair and many people had a go at giving their advice.

Jemoiselle
December 28th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Maybe I missed it but I didn't find posts in this thread to be mean or hurtful..
I think everyone agrees the OP has beautiful hair and many people had a go at giving their advice.

Consider yourself a lucky lady then! :thumbsup:

Arndis
December 28th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Yep, gorgeous hair! I wish mine would look good even half that long.

Lots of people have suggested changes involving cut. I'm joining the ones suggesting you try wearing it in drastically different styles, with new toys, and so on. And what about other kinds of drastic changes, especially undoable ones? Like some brightly coloured streaks or an overall semipermanent dyejob? Or change your wardrobe or jewelry as well or instead? I especially love changes to things like jewelry and clothes because they are so easy to change back, while my hair is fussy and I have little time to style it.

Cut it off if you really want to, but do some test runs first with photoshop, the faux bob, etc, if only because the stage between really short and shoulder length is long and awkward and frequently ugly.

Oz
December 28th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I just wanted to tell you guys.. THANKS so much for all the replies, and time you took to read the thread.

for now.. I'm KEEPING my hair. I'm going through a very difficult time in life right now.. dealing with past trauma, sick family members, 3rd year of university, and my first relationship breakup, SO MUCH for one girl to deal with... as much as I want to escape ME and change it all, loosing my hair would probably be a bit to much to handle right now.

I have experimented with lots of updoos and new clothes ect and found it kind of does give me what I'm looking for when I consider the scissors, but with no mourning, loss or regret involved.. that will do me for now.

I'm also wearing my hair down a lot more so I can appreciate it, and others can too, and when its up in certain styles,, the length isn't noticeable so I get recognised for ME and not for my long hair.. which is something I've always wanted.

Sorry the link no longer works and just sends people right to my **private** Picasa gallery. I will try to edit that now.

Thanks agaiiiinnnnn everyone!

i tried to add some pics.. but they came out MASSIVE!! and scared me.. so I took them down.

enfys
December 28th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I'm really glad to hear that Oz!

Even though you have a lot going on, I hope when you need support you find the time to come here for it.

EbonyCurls
December 29th, 2010, 12:14 PM
I say go for it. I wanted long hair because I never had it. I think waist would be beautiful on you as it will accentuate the waist/hips (which little girls do not have). It sounds like maybe you just want change because you've had the same hair your whole life. COMPLETELY understandable.
Maybe you can do a slight change in all departments. Get it a little shorter, change the style a little (layers? bangs?), maybe color it a little (darker? lighter? highlights?). I think a few minimal changes may satisfy your craving.

leslissocool
December 29th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I just wanted to tell you guys.. THANKS so much for all the replies, and time you took to read the thread.

for now.. I'm KEEPING my hair. I'm going through a very difficult time in life right now.. dealing with past trauma, sick family members, 3rd year of university, and my first relationship breakup, SO MUCH for one girl to deal with... as much as I want to escape ME and change it all, loosing my hair would probably be a bit to much to handle right now.

I have experimented with lots of updoos and new clothes ect and found it kind of does give me what I'm looking for when I consider the scissors, but with no mourning, loss or regret involved.. that will do me for now.

I'm also wearing my hair down a lot more so I can appreciate it, and others can too, and when its up in certain styles,, the length isn't noticeable so I get recognised for ME and not for my long hair.. which is something I've always wanted.

Sorry the link no longer works and just sends people right to my **private** Picasa gallery. I will try to edit that now.

Thanks agaiiiinnnnn everyone!

i tried to add some pics.. but they came out MASSIVE!! and scared me.. so I took them down.

:( sorry to hear that! I hope everything turns out alright... That is a lot for a girl to deal with at once! :grouphug:

anthonyswife
December 29th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Your hair is lovely!

Having done a lot of experimentation before I decided to grow my hair long, I understand where you're coming from. Like many other people, my best advice is to think about it for at least a month, and if you're still itching to try something new, cut a few inches off, or cut back to tailbone or waist. You've had long hair for so long, it would probably be very traumatic to go extremely short all in one chop, but tb/hip/waist, or even a few inches, might give you an idea of what shorter hair would be like and whether you really want it or not. And if you decide you still like long hair after all, it won't be too long to grow back.

Waveepagee
December 30th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I'm so happy you decided to keep your hair! I did too, because long healthy hair is such a rare beauty, so ignore those dumb peoples conforming ways and be you. I'll keep you in my prayers girl :D

ibleedlipstick
December 30th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Honestly? Cut it if you are curious. Do the big, whole freaking chopping of the hair. It will grow back, and yes, may take 7-10 years to re-grow.

But you are young, and curious, and you get to experiment!

I have had hair down past my tailbone (although not as long as yours) and completely shaved bald.

I'm growing it out from the shaved head right now, but for a while, I had short, spiky hair. During that time, I learned that I like long hair on myself.

Do I regret having it cut short?

Not at all. During the time leading up to that, the business that I had essentially been running had to close, I was living with a family member who is bipolar and extremely emotionally abusive along with some mild physical abuse, and had graduated early.

When I had my head shaved, it was a part of a cleansing, an acknowledgment that I had been through a lot, but come through it and learned from it. I am a stronger person for it.

Will I shave my head again? Probably not, but I don't like to say never.

I think your hair is beautiful. If you want to keep it, do so. But if the curiosity is killing you, go for it. Hair does grow back, that is one of the beautiful things about it.

*ETA. I just read that you are keeping it! Welcome to LHC.

Anisaa
December 31st, 2010, 11:47 AM
Your hair in m y opinion is very unique, it is a length that not every one has..It is gorgeous...The decision is up to you, I just think that your hair makes you stand out from the rest..

Fufu
January 2nd, 2011, 01:12 AM
Your hair is lovely, I love the colour of your hair too :)

Follow your heart ^^

Once you feel you are ready to experiement something new, go ahead.

I always had long hair when I was young, until about 15/16, I chopped my mid back hair length to neck area and I totally love the new change in me, so for the past 3 years, I maintained my hair between neck and shoulder.

I grew my hair till near BSL in March 2010 and I felt my hair was not the kind of "healthy" i wanted, I chopped my hair till collar bone. It was refreshing and I felt so much lighter.

After that drastic hair chop, I decided to grow my hair long again and this time with 100&#37; willingly. Now my hair is after APL and on it's way to BSL.