PDA

View Full Version : Inadvertent Compliment.

Aliped
December 17th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Inadvertent Compliment!

I know a few of us have relatives that do not appreciate long hair. I have one that regularly lets me know how much she disapproves of it, in very strong terms. My strategy is to just let her rant, and ignore it. Its just one of those things I have to put up with …

So, today, there was a “rant”, I’m not going to repeat it, there were comments about age, homeless women and so on.

The rant ended with “it looks like a blanket”!

A blanket? Really? My hair looks like a blanket!!!!???? Wow, that’s awesome!!

Oberon88
December 17th, 2010, 09:27 PM
That is awesome! Blankets have the added bonus of keeping you warm. :D

arc691
December 17th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Congratulations! Hair as thick as a blanket! Wow! :p :cheer::flowers:
Whenever I go to America, people always tell me 1) they used to have hair even longer than mine, or 2) I should cut my hair off and give it to Locks for Love. It's like they're saying~ You selfish beast, keeping all that hair to yourself!!:rant:

Besides, the Bible says in 1 Corinthians that God gives women their hair for a covering~ sounds like you're doing a great job in that department! :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas, all! :xmas:

C. sinensis
December 17th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Bwahaha!
I hope you told her so! :D

girlthursday
December 17th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Haha! Her reaction if you'd told her would have been hilarious, I'm sure.

You: "A blanket? Really? Cool!"
Her: :blank stare:

Loreley
December 18th, 2010, 12:05 AM
I've heared that several times from people who don't like very long hair (anything longer than BSL). They say long hair is just hanging there like a blanket and it has no shape or volume. :steam I think they are jealous!

christine1989
December 18th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Wow, I would love hair as thick as a blanket! She may not like it but she's going to be cold this winter without a nice, thick hair blanket :).

caadam
December 18th, 2010, 12:17 AM
If it's warm like a blanket... then double the kudos.
I know when my hair is around waist length, it's
like an electric blanket! But boy, it keeps me warm
during those Western Washington winter days.

And whatever... someone who has to complain all the
time about something that has nothing to do with them
is having some kind of issue internally, to be completely
honest. o_O

meerikal
December 18th, 2010, 12:18 AM
I have to agree your hair "looking like a blanket" would be wonderful to hear. Brings imagery of warmth, comfort and home. Nothing negative in that.
Perhaps this person should take some much needed advice from Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
If you are going to insult someone about something that does not concern you in the least, try to make sense and be entertaining. Otherwise why bother???

PrincessBob
December 18th, 2010, 12:44 AM
I love that! Sometimes I think of my plaits as panels on a quilt.

LissaJane
December 18th, 2010, 02:38 AM
mmm blankets. Who doesn't love blankets?!

I'm sure she's probably actually quite jealous-- but accidental compliment aside, how rude of a family member to constantly crtitisize your hair, family are supposed to be there for love and support, how sad :(

hah, congrats on your blanket hair thought :p

luxepiggy
December 18th, 2010, 05:40 AM
That's fantastic!! My hair's on the thin side, but it spreads out pretty evenly when I wear it down, so I've always thought of mine as a sheet. Lucky you - I'd love to have a blanket! Hehe (^(oo)^)v

embee
December 18th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Heh. :) Glad you got that nice comment! :)

Must agree that long hair can *be* like a blanket - I most notice this quality when I've washed my hair in summertime and have it hanging down to dry... ugh, hot hot hot! ;)

Unfortunately in winter when I could use the blanket, my long hair down is just a tangle-farm. :(

DuckyDot
December 18th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Hurrah! What joy it is to have a blanket of hair! I think of mine as a handkerchief (?!?!?!?!)

bluesnowflake
December 18th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Funny- I've gotten "cape", which I was rather happy about. Congrats on your hair looking as thick as a blanket!

spidermom
December 18th, 2010, 09:12 AM
That's funny. I sometimes complain that my hair feels like a blanket.